Author

Topic: [ANN] Bancor | Protocol for Smart-tokens, solving the liquidity problem - page 142. (Read 375744 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001
There issues with Bancor atm? continually getting "Transaction timeout We're sorry but your request took longer than expected and we couldn't process your transaction. Please try again."

No issues that we're aware of. Refreshing your browser in this case should help. If you have further issues you can refer to the support chat https://t.me/bancorsupport

Sometimes that issue due to low speed of internet connection otherwise it works smoothly. I did a test transaction and it gone without any problem I think with refresh of browser this problem will disappear.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 10
There issues with Bancor atm? continually getting "Transaction timeout We're sorry but your request took longer than expected and we couldn't process your transaction. Please try again."

No issues that we're aware of. Refreshing your browser in this case should help. If you have further issues you can refer to the support chat https://t.me/bancorsupport
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Activity: 532
Merit: 102
Bancor’s BP, LiquidEOS, was one of the first 21 BPs elected. Can we expect for coming FUD. Mass media and community not really happy with EOS launch and BPs activity.
is EOS team /dev issue not bancor Smiley

bancor only support good projects and try to make decentralize blockchain  avaible to the mass

If you'd like to discuss this you can join https://t.me/BPLiquidEOS
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
We are heading towards the goal of achieving more financial freedom a decentralized one. The process towards complete independence has started already the sooner people jump on cryptocurrencies wagon the quicker the goal will be achieved. Bancor is working on decentralized everything can be said seeing their advancement so far in context of the article written by EOS.
Activity: 686
Merit: 261
The global population is powerless to prevent world governments from consuming our capital base so long as we rely upon their currencies.
https://medium.com/@bytemaster/decentralized-blockchain-governance-743f0273bf5a
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
It is important to note that Bancor is not an exchange. It is a liquidity network. When you are buying or selling, it's not a trade. It's a computationally intense conversion of one token into another. Also Bancor does not take any fees.

But still it looks like more as centralized exchange than p2p network as conversion rates are defined by proprietary algorithm a of Bancor and users are not able to do it by themselves, isn't it?

Hello, naska21, just as in the comment you quoted: Bancor is not an exchange. It is a liquidity network.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 635
It is important to note that Bancor is not an exchange. It is a liquidity network. When you are buying or selling, it's not a trade. It's a computationally intense conversion of one token into another. Also Bancor does not take any fees.

But still it looks like more as centralized exchange than p2p network as conversion rates are defined by proprietary algorithm a of Bancor and users are not able to do it by themselves, isn't it?
Activity: 84
Merit: 0

Thank you for providing clarification on that very important point!

Great to have an aware community!
Activity: 518
Merit: 106
Activity: 364
Merit: 1
If you have had any issues while using the Bancor Network, please join us in our Telegram Support channel! This is the fastest way to help resolve your issues.
Activity: 854
Merit: 501
Bancor’s BP, LiquidEOS, was one of the first 21 BPs elected. Can we expect for coming FUD. Mass media and community not really happy with EOS launch and BPs activity.
is EOS team /dev issue not bancor Smiley

bancor only support good projects and try to make decentralize blockchain  avaible to the mass
Activity: 457
Merit: 100
Activity: 854
Merit: 256
This big reward of 40k BNT indicates that how secure the network is because for bug finding this is huge amount. How much testings and attention development team has given even in early days were not serious bugs. I am sure this reward will not be claimed by none and will be used for further development.
Activity: 364
Merit: 2
FEATURE UPDATE: Download your keystore file directly from the settings icon in the Bancor Wallet and use your tokens anywhere.

https://ban.cr/Keystore

Attractive feature in fact. Does it mean that by downloading that file and importing it into MEW I can access my tokens that are kept in Bancor Wallet and send them  anywhere?

That is correct, Naska. The same can be done by using your seed phrase.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 635
FEATURE UPDATE: Download your keystore file directly from the settings icon in the Bancor Wallet and use your tokens anywhere.

https://ban.cr/Keystore

Attractive feature in fact. Does it mean that by downloading that file and importing it into MEW I can access my tokens that are kept in Bancor Wallet and send them  anywhere?
Activity: 390
Merit: 11
When can we expect ledger support on bancor website?

Sorry, but we do not have any details at the moment.
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
When can we expect ledger support on bancor website?
Activity: 1330
Merit: 10
So for example, out token total issue = 100 000 000 tokens. The price, e.g. 0.01 USD. So total market value = 1 000 000 USD.

Then we, e.g. buy BNT on 10 000 USD ( 1% from 1M market value)  stake it on Bancor + we stake 100 000 tokens (1% of 100M tokens).

Am I right?

We have no details on this, one would have decide on this by consulting with the Team during token listing process.
Activity: 266
Merit: 15

It is recommended to stake 2%-5% of token total market value if a token wants to be listed on Bancor: https://support.bancor.network/hc/en-us/articles/360001240672-How-many-tokens-should-I-stake-in-my-Relay-

But please clarify how many BNT must be purchased?

From the opening paragraph of the knowledge base article that you linked:

Your Relay Token is a new Smart Token with two connectors, each with 50% weight, one holds a balance in your token, the other holds a balance in BNT. You deposit both your token and BNT into your Relay Token.

And from the paragraph you included: It is recommended to stake 2-5% of token total market value...

So it's dependent on total market value of the token being listed.

So for example, out token total issue = 100 000 000 tokens. The price, e.g. 0.01 USD. So total market value = 1 000 000 USD.

Then we, e.g. buy BNT on 10 000 USD ( 1% from 1M market value)  stake it on Bancor + we stake 100 000 tokens (1% of 100M tokens).

Am I right?
Jump to: