Author

Topic: ⚛️ [ANN] Bitcoin Atom - Fork 1:1 of Bitcoin - Atomic Swap Powered ⚛️ - page 155. (Read 54245 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 7
BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure
Atomic swaps did wonders for litecoin, could be the same for btc. I'm holding btc either way, will feel good to get some free tokens on top of that Smiley If the team delivers as promised, we could be looking at the new bitcoin cash. Bring it on Cheesy
Activity: 60
Merit: 1
Bitcoin Atom (BCA) core dev
What are all these bitcoin forks about? Does it solve real problems of bitcoin or is it more like ICOs?

longwintershere, we believe that making cross-blockchain atomic trading available at kernel level is a way to solve the problem of trust in a trustless environment - entities should exchange assets directly & without any risks associated with their transactions - once LN steps up, all of these will be possible as instantaneous operations.

We still need on-chain swaps requiring confirmations for e.g. large volume trades and transparent contracts on different blockchains.
Another fork of Bitcoin, this seems to be a trend. This project use webwallet, do you have a link for download this wallet dev?

We have a subset of our team working on a web wallet - which is essentially a fork of MyEtherWallet adapted for Bitcoin Atom.

Its release is tied to the fork date, and we expect it to go live straight after the fork occurs. Will updated the ANN and add the web wallet link accordingly.
Is this fork going to take place for sure? Or is there a chance it would be called off as 2x fork,,,,,,

bitcoinman93, our team has been researching on-chain atomic swaps for several months already. For now, we are already on a later stage of a node development, and the team is confident that the fork will take place - the exact block number is yet to be announce though.
Activity: 224
“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”
What are all these bitcoin forks about? Does it solve real problems of bitcoin or is it more like ICOs?
Activity: 672
Merit: 10
simply getting the job done
Another fork of Bitcoin, this seems to be a trend. This project use webwallet, do you have a link for download this wallet dev?
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
How to receive Bitcoin Atom? what should I do? Thanks all.

For now your BTC simply has to be on any wallet which has private keys or any exchanges which have announced support for BCA before the fork occurs. We will publish detailed instructions shortly.
Thank you for the information about how to receive BCA.
Activity: 280
Is this fork going to take place for sure? Or is there a chance it would be called off as 2x fork,,,,,,
Activity: 546
Merit: 159
Activity: 81

For now your BTC simply has to be on any wallet which has private keys or any exchanges which have announced support for BCA before the fork occurs. We will publish detailed instructions shortly.

If you represent an exchange, wallet or miner - you are welcome to contact us: [email protected]

We plan to announce new exchange / wallet partnerships in the coming days. BCA block explorers and pools will be announced separately.

New Exchanges to Trade BCA
Bitcoin Atom (BCA) will be tradable on YoBit and Exrates in December

We are happy to announce that YoBit and Exrates exchanges have confirmed the Bitcoin Atom (ticker “BCA”) listing, which is scheduled to occur in late December.

New Wallets and Exchanges supporting Bitcoin Atom are on their way — stay tuned for updates!

More info: medium.com/@bitcoinatom

Activity: 114
Merit: 10
how many bitcoin hard forked coins now? i can't count now. so many.. hahaha Grin Grin Grin Grin

This one's not a bitcoin fork, ATOMICSWAP called it a token, which means it's an ethereum fork, not a bitcoin fork. this one doesn't even ride on the bitcoin blockchain.

PoW algorithm: SHA256

SHA256 is Bitcoin Fork, not Ethereum Fork
If this coin using ERC20 Token or Fully Ethereum fork, PoW Algo may be Ethash
Too much BTC fork since BCH succesfully, many many and many
or much people want free Money again and again ? ( 1:1 Fork )

Bitcoin gold is Equihash, the PoW Algorithm doesn't mean anything, also if the only way you can get these things is swapping for them, technically there's no proof of work, it's not a coin, it's an ERC20 token. like a token it isn't mineable.
how many bitcoin hard forked coins now? i can't count now. so many.. hahaha Grin Grin Grin Grin

This one's not a bitcoin fork, ATOMICSWAP called it a token, which means it's an ethereum fork, not a bitcoin fork. this one doesn't even ride on the bitcoin blockchain.

Correct, BCA is the Bitcoin fork as per the ANN message. It's all about making decentralized exchange via Atomic Swaps common, which is in our opinion beneficial for the whole ecosystem.

Once LN (lightning network) kicks off, our team will introduce off-chain swaps in Bitcoin Atom.

Activity: 980
Merit: 500
Let's wait for more information to be revealed in coming days. It looks like this is in planning stages and for basic information we will have to wait. I can wait if this is worth. I will hope this time this fork to see some appreciation seeing support. These are free money reward for holding Bitcoins.
Activity: 81
We are actively partnering with many exchanges, wallets & miners, and will publish a list soon. If you're interested in partnering with us, please PM me.

Is it possible for Bittrex to distribute this fork on its clients? I just feel easier their since I am also doing lots od trades.

We're engaged and actively talking with all exchanges regarding Bitcoin Atom.
wallets  Huh Huh Huh Huh

Wallets will be announced in the coming days

Stay tuned for updates!
Activity: 788
Merit: 100

Activity: 972
Merit: 255
Bear season or just the beginning
We are actively partnering with many exchanges, wallets & miners, and will publish a list soon. If you're interested in partnering with us, please PM me.

Is it possible for Bittrex to distribute this fork on its clients? I just feel easier their since I am also doing lots od trades.
Activity: 368
Merit: 250

That was another impact to become "trend" and to become decentralized. But that's good, it increase number of altcoins. You will never boring to be here anyway.  Cheesy Grin Cheesy
Jump to: