Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 692. (Read 704406 times)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
whats with the hashrate ? it goes like a roller coaster.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
https://twitter.com/SatoshiLite/status/901537790243909632
¬¬

I sold BCH and moved(temporary) into USDT... i hope i did the right thing.. thoughts? weak hand or smart move?

Yea in a couple of hours BCH should become around 240% less profitable (I have seen it estimated at one point to be over 300%) essentially BTC miners will earn almost 3x as much as a BCH miner and all miners will most likely abandon the network again probably just for a day though until the EDA kicks in and drops it until blocks are mined at 2m intervals for a couple of days rince and repeat as long as possible until one day people have enough

I am not a btc maximalist but btc will always be king.

Never forget our roots!

Ken

The miners have a big say on which coin will be a main coin, bitcoin ot bitcoin cash. Thus, whichever coin has more value, will likely that they mine that coin for profitability. Bitcoin been around for years now, wherras Bitcoin Cash just a couple months, yet receive lots of attention. What if Bitcoin Cash was named differently, wouuld the story be the same? in order for bitcoin cash value continue rising, it needs mass adoption like bitcoin to have value.
Activity: 589
Merit: 507
I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.
Oh dear God, you are right! hahhahahaa... in my mind, I read "outnumber" instead of "outnumbered by"... my bad! Cheesy

I don't think that's logically possible. If you read "outnumbered" as "outnumber" it would mean that you don't even read the whole word(s) in which case you wouldn't be able to communicate at all. You have to make up another, more plausible, excuse.
Activity: 131
We still believe in the community deciding, correct?
I think community is a buzzword that gets thrown around in cryptocurrency a lot. Sure, there's something to be said of it but there are super citizens in the 21st century. A community of poor people with 1 billionaire doesn't exactly have equality of potential action. In general it's not something I think should be viewed in a moralistic way, just a realistic way.

Sometimes the community is wrong, often people want things which aren't what they truly need or ultimately come to desire.

Great post. Take ethereum for an example. After the dao disaster, they claimed to have 95% consensus on the hard fork to change history of the blockchain. I was mining eth at the time and can tell you that I never had a vote.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
Even if BCH some day overtakes BTC groups of miners will still try EDD/EDR exploit?
Activity: 98
I think community is a buzzword that gets thrown around in cryptocurrency a lot. Sure, there's something to be said of it but there are super citizens in the 21st century. A community of poor people with 1 billionaire doesn't exactly have equality of potential action. In general it's not something I think should be viewed in a moralistic way, just a realistic way.

Sometimes the community is wrong, often people want things which aren't what they truly need or ultimately come to desire.

As it applies to BCH, if the community at large decides to ditch their BCH but a large enough group of market makers are willing to buy it from them, then it wont matter what those community members thought would happen, just what actually happened.
Activity: 124
Presale starts on 28th of April!
will bcc a real competitor to btc?
I truly believe the people who can rationally understand this split are vastly outnumbered by people who are unable or unwilling to broaden their perspective....
I really want to agree with you on this but if we look at the state of the world today... it looks like that people who are unable/unwilling to broaden their horizons are outnumbering the smart people.  Undecided Sad
But you do agree with me, lol, you just restated what I said!  Cheesy

https://twitter.com/SatoshiLite/status/901537790243909632
¬¬

I sold BCH and moved(temporary) into USDT... i hope i did the right thing.. thoughts? weak hand or smart move?

Yea in a couple of hours BCH should become around 240% less profitable (I have seen it estimated at one point to be over 300%) essentially BTC miners will earn almost 3x as much as a BCH miner and all miners will most likely abandon the network again probably just for a day though until the EDA kicks in and drops it until blocks are mined at 2m intervals for a couple of days rince and repeat as long as possible until one day people have enough

I am not a btc maximalist but btc will always be king.

Never forget our roots!

Ken
I do not understand you. That is exactly why you should see BCH as the "real" continuation of bitcoin. You really truly cannot see how they are centralizing BTC with segwit and even threats of patent lawsuits?

Great catch on what I was saying.

I did say btc will find a way. I never said what chain will be the true btc...
Activity: 168
I truly believe the people who can rationally understand this split are vastly outnumbered by people who are unable or unwilling to broaden their perspective....
I really want to agree with you on this but if we look at the state of the world today... it looks like that people who are unable/unwilling to broaden their horizons are outnumbering the smart people.  Undecided Sad
But you do agree with me, lol, you just restated what I said!  Cheesy
Oh dear God, you are right! hahhahahaa... in my mind, I read "outnumber" instead of "outnumbered by"... my bad! Cheesy

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Indeed! Smiley

I couldn't have put it better myself ;-)
Unconfirmed transactions increasing at a steady pace https://bitcoinfees.21.co/
Usually a sentence that starts off with something like "I truly believe..." is some obnoxiously positive sentiment that ignores unfortunate realities. Not here!
But you do agree with me, lol, you just restated what I said!  Cheesy

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
But you do agree with me, lol, you just restated what I said!  Cheesy
Activity: 35
Barterdex is the same without Lightening network centralisation, which can be easily regulated by governments. LN is the same as fiat. It is terrible.
Activity: 392
Merit: 154
I think the only way to scale is to have more than one chain. We have multiple currencies in the world now so it would stay pretty similar. Then we have barterdex technology to move coins from one chain to another at market value in a decentralised way. I am all in on BCH right from the start, swapped all my BTC for it at 0.06 after the first pump and dump. The network is superior to segwitcoin.
l

LN will allow trading between chains

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/atomic-swaps-how-the-lightning-network-extends-to-altcoins-1484157052/
Activity: 271
I regret very much that I sold all my bitcoins before sharing (
Activity: 35
I think the only way to scale is to have more than one chain. We have multiple currencies in the world now so it would stay pretty similar. Then we have barterdex technology to move coins from one chain to another at market value in a decentralised way. I am all in on BCH right from the start, swapped all my BTC for it at 0.06 after the first pump and dump. The network is superior to segwitcoin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I don't know if this is of any importance or not but there seems to be a patent pending by blockstreams used "only" as defense. Or so it seems. I dont know how to read this much info so I will pass it to you guys
https://patents.google.com/patent/US20160330034A1/en

Completely a NON-ISSUE for Bitcoin Cash, since Cash is not linking to a side chain (ie: Lightening Network) .

However , rumors are Blockstream will use it to sue Segwit2X and block their fork.

Kind of shows you that Blockstream / Greg Maxwell have been planning a takeover for years now.
LN & Segwit are their take over.

Bitcoin Cash is beyond their ability to control, since it forked before segwit infected the blockchain.

╥Aztek

This is the reason for all the centralize approach to bitcoin upgrade. I'm so happy Libertarian still exist and the ideology of decentralization will not die! No h"hostile take-over" with BCH.

i am astonished that people in crypto do not see what lightning is its the aproche to get a monopol on day to day transactions like giro banking does.

and with that patent pending it does not mean they want to protect there work it means they want to steal the gift satoshi gave the world und the unbanked .

segwit activated, increase blocksize 2mb, lighting network...Look like Bitcoin is becoming more centralized, however, its value remain n increase due to mass market adoption, we dont see this with bitcoin cash, @ least not at the moment.

but what is 2mb ? compared with what needs to be posible if crypto wants to take over visa or all day to day transactions done via cash at the moment ? isnt it a 100 mil tx per second ? and btc can do 3 at the moment ?

This is why both solutions can only be considered temporary, a completely different scaling solution really needs to be offered up to meet that sort of demand (lightning and mimblewimble being a couple of the proposed solutions but not the only ones). VISA averages ~1600Tx/s which would need ~500MB blocks with the current scheme, not really practical if you want to keep things decentralised.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012
Devs are working to release the next version of Bitcoin Cash, I think that release by release the future of Bitcoin Cash will be more and more clear.

If you want to follow what they are doing, you can look here day by day: https://reviews.bitcoinabc.org/differential/query/all/

This sounds awesome devs are working to bring some nice feature as like they are on it. I think so this kind of hard work will make clear the situation and will give the direction of the future of this coin. Thanks to share this with the community.
Jump to: