Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BITCOIN LE - NEW COIN - Ecological Bitcoin - PoW & Low Energy - page 19. (Read 28760 times)

Activity: 85
Merit: 0
Does anyone know why headlines are only synced at 96.3% and block syncing hangs on August 29, 2018? Has anyone had this problem?
Activity: 571
Will be new miner for a pool version?
Activity: 25
Can't find a pool .Where is it Huh

Hi,

We are working on a pool! Stay tuned, it should be released this week Smiley
Activity: 42
Some interesting stats you have there Wolfie. The energy saving capabilities of Bitcoin LE is just staggering. The future looks bright with this coin saving costs for not only the miners but by reducing the carbon footprint all around the world. For those that are interested please jump on Discord and get involved in something game changing truly different and fresh off the press!

#BLE.JKyTdWtxc5QDgtgH3GqKwd4te28kYNvFHq
Activity: 245
Merit: 13
Here are some stats from right now (Fall, 2018):

“Despite BTC bear market,” Fundstrat’s analyst Sam Doctor tweeted, “hashpower doubled since May to 57 EH/s – Even with upgrades to existing equipment, implies almost 1GW of new power consumption vs 5.2GW in May ’18. Breakeven now $7,300 ($5,300 cash BE) vs. $6,000 in May.”

A gigawatt of power will provide enough energy for about 700,000 homes. Assumptions: A typical home uses about 11,000 kWh per year. A baseline 1 gigawatt power plant with an uptime of 88% (typical for coal plants) will provide 1 GW x 365 x 24 x 0.88 = 7,700 gWh of energy over the year.

That means right now, Bitcoin $BTC network burns enough electric to power 6.2 Gw x 700,000 homes = 4,340,000 houses!

Bitcoin Low Energy would use a minor fraction of that even if mined on the same scale!

Activity: 66
In my opinion, an excellent project. Very strong team and project concept. I wish you a successful ICO.
Activity: 210
Merit: 6
Is needs to delete old blockchain data?

No.  the last few version upgrades do not require the blockchain data to be downloaded again.  It will not hurt anything if you do and, since there are only a bit over 72K blocks it does not take much time to do so, but there is no need.

Network seems to be running smoothly at this point, but the project could use some more miners.

BLE only mints about 7200 coins per day so NOW is the time to put your CPU's to work.  

Yes - this is a CPU only coin at this point in time.   It is a little different than what you might be used to, but if you can follow instructions you can get this up and running without too much fuss.  Just follow the instructions in order to make certain you get it right.

BTW, this is not going to rag out your CPU's either.  The beauty of this algo is that is only mines about 1/10 of the time and the rest of the time the also is just idling.  It is controlled by a known 'unknown' hash from Bitcoin - each time a new BTC is solved, the BLE miner is signaled to begin the next BLE block.  

This is a legitimately interesting concept that really is 'green' in its conservation of energy.

Thank you for very nice explanation.

Is there any instruction to start mining,
and what CPUs are good and minimum ?

As I understand....full Bitcoin blockchain needs to be downloaded (150gb+) for mining to run. Is this true ?
Activity: 49
Can't find a pool .Where is it Huh
If your technical aptitude isn't particularly up there and it's difficult to discern between snake oil coins and true technological breakthroughs, let me assure you this is in fact something new.

Activity: 5
This is a great project and attracts investors and participants. It received much praise and support from everyone. I hope you will succeed soon.
Activity: 254
Merit: 110

No.  the last few version upgrades do not require the blockchain data to be downloaded again.  It will not hurt anything if you do and, since there are only a bit over 72K blocks it does not take much time to do so, but there is no need.

Network seems to be running smoothly at this point, but the project could use some more miners.

BLE only mints about 7200 coins per day so NOW is the time to put your CPU's to work. 

Yes - this is a CPU only coin at this point in time.   It is a little different than what you might be used to, but if you can follow instructions you can get this up and running without too much fuss.  Just follow the instructions in order to make certain you get it right.

BTW, this is not going to rag out your CPU's either.  The beauty of this algo is that is only mines about 1/10 of the time and the rest of the time the also is just idling.  It is controlled by a known 'unknown' hash from Bitcoin - each time a new BTC is solved, the BLE miner is signaled to begin the next BLE block. 

This is a legitimately interesting concept that really is 'green' in its conservation of energy.
Yes Opal already made a new rev, 15.6 , get it nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

https://github.com/Bitcoin-LE/bitcoinle-core/releases/tag/0.15.6
A new release available. Needs to update the wallet and miner.
15.5 is stable for me so far, miners are doing their thing nicely Wink
Activity: 42
Since the correction everything has been smooth for me as well. The devs listen to the community and provide immediate support. This coin is truly an energy efficient coin and the first of its kind in implementation that I know off. I'm happy that I was able to be apart of this project in its early stages and will watch it grow to the great heights that I know it will acheive.
It is so funny.  People talk about how they would give just about ANYTHING to get in on the very start of something new in crypto...

Then, when something comes around that is new, they seem to freak out over the process of ironing out the bugs.

You cannot have it both ways.  'NEW' means there will be bugs.  Oh... people can clone a wallet and make a new coin based upon ideas that are many years old.  But anything really new is bound to have some growing pains.

It appears that 0.15.4 has made significant headway.   For the last 8 hours it has been very clean as far as I can tell.  Found blocks are confirming as one would expect and it should just be a matter of time before those blocks are fully confirmed. 
The past week forking was rough but it seems to be in the clear now.

15.4 which is bound to a specific correlating BTC block seems to be the missing ingredient for a smooth chain.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
it is very reasonable if many praise this project and I am sure that in the future this project will be able to attract many investors to join this project.
Other than trading purposes, what are the other applications for this coin? Though it's an ecological coin as you said, still, what's the strong point of this project to sustain its life in crypto.

I am not a tree hugger, but I think energy use is a very important thing.   That alone makes this a significant foray into the proof of a new concept that should get some attention.

Just make sure you are using version 0.15.4 to get in sync with the fork... and follow the instructions to do so... 
Pages:
Jump to: