Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BitSafe Hardware Wallet Now Shipping - page 3. (Read 22083 times)

legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067
Something like this would look pretty cool  Roll Eyes

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
Since you are the moderator, can you move this thread to project development after it sits in this catagory for a while.
I figured it was news worthy and deserved to sit in the main discussion for a few weeks.

Sure thing, and thank you for your reply.
Activity: 455
Merit: 250
You Don't Bitcoin 'till You Mint Coin
Could you give us a brief "How it works" description? What exactly it can do and how it does it?

You know, instead of just developing, try to sell it. And I'm also interested why you think you can't make a profit with an open source project, if you want ideas, contact me and maybe I can help you.

Ok, I've adjusted the OP regarding "making a profit". it didn't have good taste. Thanks for asking these questions.
For the sell of the initial prototypes, I would need to sell them considerably higher to recoup my expenses.
$75.00 (Price currently in the bitmit listing) is already very high for most people. The plan is to decrease the price
after all interested developers purchase one or request a free one. It's a contribution I'm happy to make because
I would really like to see this happen as a true open source project. Client development support is most critical at
this point.

As for the profits when it is mass produced; you are right, there are profits to be made here, but I'm giving the
design and production files away freely so the one to make the profits will be the person(s) that foot the bill for
a mass-production run. We'll see how that plays out once the mass-producible version is ready.

One of the main reasons why I'm giving it away freely is in hopes to garner more client development support.
If could be a motivational killer if open source developers since their efforts will be utilized to make someone else
money. Hopefully the sacrifice I'm making will inspire others. There is a reason why the topic of a Hardware
wallets has been thrown around for so long with little or no results; few realize the amount of effort that is
needed to make this successful.

Currently, there is no support from any client so it is difficult to describe "How it works", but I will be updating this
thread as much as I can over the next several days with all the information and "how-to's" that I can provide.
It was overwhelming to try and make it available in a single post.

Since you are the moderator, can you move this thread to project development after it sits in this catagory for a while.
I figured it was news worthy and deserved to sit in the main discussion for a few weeks.
donator
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
Congratulations! The hardware wallet is one of my dream product for the usability of bitcoin.
Activity: 328
About time.  I've lost so many freaking bitcoins messing around with software wallets and backups.  Give me secure hardware.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
Could you give us a brief "How it works" description? What exactly it can do and how it does it?

You know, instead of just developing, try to sell it. And I'm also interested why you think you can't make a profit with an open source project, if you want ideas, contact me and maybe I can help you.
Can you backup your private keys?

There will be firmware & software solutions to do a secure backup.
Activity: 637
Merit: 502
Can you backup your private keys?
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
Can you explain how it works?  How do you use it?

Advantages over a mass market encrypted USB stick?

It has buttons!  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
--------------->¿?
This is AWESOME!
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003
Can you explain how it works?  How do you use it?

Advantages over a mass market encrypted USB stick?

Pages:
Jump to: