Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BOUNTY] EasySocial Snapshot + Translation Bounty - page 3. (Read 587 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Sounds exciting, Im from India and i am not really good with my writing skills.
Platforms like steemit is not really where i would succeed in.
I am looking forward to more real form of social media where im not forced to blog.

So how does the sign up process work? is it hectic?

It's only hectic for us who are developing it... for the user it will be really simple. They will just choose a username and password and they will automatically have an account in all the chains at once. This will also create a Bitshares account for them and all their earnings on all of the chains will automatically be applied to their bitshares wallet so they can easily trade them for their favorite crypto, fiat or even pay for services on any of the chains in the EasyLife system.

Wow, This sounds so Easy.
I'm fed up with the slow and complicated sign-up process of other crypto platforms.
It's also revolutionary that you connected the social media to the exchange wallet.
Now I don't have to do the extra process of sending the coins to the exchange.
its a game changer according to me.

So how will the voting system be? will our votes be limited?

No, you will be able to vote as many times as you like and posts will be able to be voted on forever. Posts will payout new votes once a week and you won't be able to change your vote on a post once it has paid out for your vote. This is also a good time to point out that we don't have any downvotes either. If someone posts illegal content then that post can be reported to the block producers or whatever governing body the users decide to create so it can be dealt with but making sure that everyone can share their opinion is really important to us and one of the main reasons we created this.

Sir, Unlimited voting is what a real social media needs, over that we have payouts that last forever.
I always felt limited with my ability to vote for my friends in crypto platforms because of the fact that we get only about 8-10 hundred per cent votes., while ill easily have about 30 friends I'm really close with.
So this is excellent!
Now we can freely share the love with everyone.

Can you tell me more about the photochain??
Activity: 71
As I understand there's gonna be many single blockchains for all the different parts of the system. This sounds interesting and seems to be a quite innovative approach. But how does this scale? Isn't it difficult enough to handle one chain? I mean from the tech perspective.

That's an excellent question and one that we're really proud of as it is what makes the whole system work. Everything else is just use cases really.

The way it works is that the keys are the same for the account on all of the chains. This makes it relatively easy to keep track of which account is which and allows them all to work together. Each chain will have it's own set of block producers that will work with the users that will decide the specifics of each chain. A chain in the system could even decide to fork into 2 or more chains and so long as the keys remain the same. The basic meat of the system as a whole is essentially a protocol that allows them all to work together. So long as the protocol is followed then new chains could be created for virtually any use case and it would work the same.
Activity: 107
Merit: 1
Groan!

Please say you're not another Steemit!

Why can't I just use Facebook??

Are you any different??
I am looking forward to more real form of social media where im not forced to blog.

It's only hectic for us who are developing it... for the user it will be really simple. They will just choose a username and password and they will automatically have an account in all the chains at once. This will also create a Bitshares account for them and all their earnings on all of the chains will automatically be applied to their bitshares wallet so they can easily trade them for their favorite crypto, fiat or even pay for services on any of the chains in the EasyLife system.

Do you have any specific ideas for different contents, like I write poetry and love to share my photos so will this platform is thinking about the separate content creation and communities, any idea in this regard?

As far as EasySocial goes, pretty much any type of legal content is fine. There will be chains after that that work with EasySocial (and each other) for different kinds of content. For example, you'll be able to write a poem in a writer's or poetry chain and illustrate with a photo you posted to the photo chain and that post will be in your follower's feeds on EasySocial. When you get upvotes for it it will automatically upvote the post in EasySocial, the poem in the writer/poetry chain and the photo on the photo chain.
Activity: 12
As I understand there's gonna be many single blockchains for all the different parts of the system. This sounds interesting and seems to be a quite innovative approach. But how does this scale? Isn't it difficult enough to handle one chain? I mean from the tech perspective.

I'm fed up with the slow and complicated sign-up process of other crypto platforms.
It's also revolutionary that you connected the social media to the exchange wallet.

So how will the voting sytem be? will our votes be limited?

I did not know that other crypto platforms had complicated signups.  So to you this sounds easier?

I like that they are all linked. But what if I want one for work and one for play? Can they be separated like that?

Yes, you are free to create multiple accounts for different purposes. The only time you have to verify anything is if you want to make a large fiat deposit or do a fiat withdrawal where we have to legally get some KYC/AML data on you but other than that there is no account verfication or anything.
I know someone I could get to do the German translation (or hire so I could the bounty Wink)  - How many words is what needs to be translated?

I truly hope the world sees the potential of Easy Social, whatever language they speak.

It's pretty short compared to most white papers... we wanted to just say the important things and not a bunch of filler. I think it's somewhere between 2500 and 3000 words.
Activity: 13
Sounds awesome!

So EasySocial is the first chain in this EasyLife project.
Do you know what the next chain will be after Easysocial?

After this the next chain will probably be a blogging platform since that will take the least amount of development. This will work directly with EasySocial in that a link to the blog post will also be posted on the user's EasySocial page and user's will be able to read the full post from the EasySocial interface and voting on it from EasySocial will upvote it on both chains. After that will probably be the user-created media chains where there will be separate chains for photos, art, music, podcasts and videos that will all work with EasySocial in a similar way as well as having more benefits.

I am a photographer and I also make videos.
Its so cool that your making a seperate chain for us.
So how are we gonna earn in this photo chain???

Activity: 15

I did not know that other crypto platforms had complicated signups.  So to you this sounds easier?

I like that they are all linked. But what if I want one for work and one for play? Can they be separated like that?

No, you will be able to vote as many times as you like and posts will be able to be voted on forever. Posts will payout new votes once a week and you won't be able to change your vote on a post once it has paid out for your vote. This is also a good time to point out that we don't have any downvotes either. If someone posts illegal content then that post can be reported to the block producers or whatever governing body the users decide to create so it can be dealt with but making sure that everyone can share their opinion is really important to us and one of the main reasons we created this.

So you're saying that that new EasyLife system is connected with a bitshares wallet? I don't understand. So I can just use my wallet and connect it to the EasyLife system somehow. Can you explain?

When you create an account in the EasyLife system it will automatically create an account in Bitshares as well. All funds earned from any of the chains will be applied to your bitshares wallet and you'll be able to trade them for crypto or fiat right on the embedded dex or you can log in to that account on any other Bitshares interface and trade them from there. To simplify matters for most users we will probably just have it set up an account for all users on bitshares rather than have them connect an existing account but you will be able to send your funds to your existing bitshares account easily.

Do you have any specific ideas for different contents, like I write poetry and love to share my photos so will this platform is thinking about the separate content creation and communities, any idea in this regard?
Activity: 15
Hi there I just came in to get the new claymore version 4 xmr and I stumbled across this thread. So is this more like Facebook or Twitter or Instagram or is it its own thing?

It's probably more like a blockchain-version of Twitter than anything though it also has some elements similar to Facebook and Reddit. Instagram, being image-based is a little different and we will have some image-based chains that will work with EasySocial as well, similar to how the blogging chain I mentioned earlier will work with it. They will also work with each other. For example, a blogger will be able to find a photo to illustrate his post on the photography chain and when he uses it in his blog post it will not only automatically credit the photographer but also when the blog post gets upvoted the same user will simultaneously upvote the photo's post in the photo chain.

Wow that sounds pretty amazing. So if I as a blogger create a post and use content from within the same chain or a cross chain I get rewarded and the person who's photograph or contents I quote get rewarded as well?
So if it's like Twitter is there a character count limit?

How would you explain EasySocial to someone who is not knowledgable about crypto?  What do you think would really encourage them to join?

I would explain it as another social media platform like Facebook or Twitter but has 3 main benefits over these systems:

1. Users earn rewards for the actions they perform everyday
2. There data is secure since there is no centralized authority to harvest their data
3. Censorship is next to impossible on the platform so they don't have to worry about having their account banned for speaking their political views.
Can someone buy easy token from open market?
What will be the vote value and how it’s depends and calculated?
How many votes I can place for my favourite content?
Is there is any restrictions for upvoting the same user twice or thrice in less than twenty four hours?
What will happens if someone purchase a lot of token from open market and will become a whale?

Sounds awesome!

So EasySocial is the first chain in this EasyLife project.
Do you know what the next chain will be after Easysocial?

After this the next chain will probably be a blogging platform since that will take the least amount of development. This will work directly with EasySocial in that a link to the blog post will also be posted on the user's EasySocial page and user's will be able to read the full post from the EasySocial interface and voting on it from EasySocial will upvote it on both chains. After that will probably be the user-created media chains where there will be separate chains for photos, art, music, podcasts and videos that will all work with EasySocial in a similar way as well as having more benefits.

I am a photographer and I also make videos.
Its so cool that your making a seperate chain for us.
So how are we gonna earn in this photo chain???
Activity: 2
So do I understand this correct ... Easysocial is going to be a platform where you don't have to really blog, but more like the wellknown fb, but without restrictions. Let's say for example ... if I want only to tell that I'm happy today I can earn some crypto with that?

And what if I do want to write a whole blog with photography and all in it?
Hi there I just came in to get the new claymore version 4 xmr and I stumbled across this thread. So is this more like Facebook or Twitter or Instagram or is it its own thing?

It's probably more like a blockchain-version of Twitter than anything though it also has some elements similar to Facebook and Reddit. Instagram, being image-based is a little different and we will have some image-based chains that will work with EasySocial as well, similar to how the blogging chain I mentioned earlier will work with it. They will also work with each other. For example, a blogger will be able to find a photo to illustrate his post on the photography chain and when he uses it in his blog post it will not only automatically credit the photographer but also when the blog post gets upvoted the same user will simultaneously upvote the photo's post in the photo chain.
Pages:
Jump to: