Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BUK] CryptoBuck Official Notes BUK2.1.1 -->New ChainStart 2017-02-01 - page 4. (Read 89129 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
PoS not affect to PoW at all, only if you have long time update for new work in getwork protocol.

As you suggest, a new PoS block means a PoW miner has to abandon the work it has done, and start on a fresh block. There would only be no effect if they were on separate chains. Both types of mining are competing for the next spot in the same chain.

PoW - 3 min spacing? - 480/day?
PoS - 5 min spacing - 288/day
Total: 788/day

I'm not a stats person so I don't fully understand the probabilities involved with block time prediction, but I guess that means you would derate the estimation by the 480/768 ratio, so an estimated 8 hours for pure PoW becomes 12.8 hours for PoS/PoW.
Activity: 982
Merit: 517
Nature decays, but Latinum lasts forever. RoA:102
Max downwards -33% (was 100 diff, new 67)
PoS not affect to PoW at all, only if you have long time update for new work in getwork protocol.
legendary
If no one want mining at current difficulty - no new PoW blocks found. Just start mining.

Yeah but at a difficulty of 190 (with seemingly NO ONE ELSE mining) that's easier said than done. In theory my modest 28MH/s will take around 8 hours to find a block and break the diff wall, but that's for pure PoW. With PoS in the mix, it could take much longer.

edit: there are little pockets of PoW mining, sometimes only 10 or so blocks at a time. Diff doesn't seem to change much, even after prolonged periods of no PoW blocks. I guess the algo doesn't adjust downwards quickly.

01-Aug-2017
02-Aug-2017
05-Aug-2017
07-Aug-2017
11-Aug-2017
12-Aug-2017
14-Aug-2017
18-Aug-2017
19-Aug-2017
Activity: 982
Merit: 517
Nature decays, but Latinum lasts forever. RoA:102
If no one want mining at current difficulty - no new PoW blocks found. Just start mining.
legendary
When was the last PoW block mined? Is it stuck at high diff?

@Cryptobuck

...?
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
hubinator,

These are false positive alarms on the "OLD" Obsolete client.  We had issues with peers connecting in version 1.3.0, so the IRC Address linked in the code in 1.3.1 may now also be blacklisted. 
This again is in no way the method of connecting the recent 2.1.1 version.
Please be sure to use the 2.1.1 client embedded in github.
https://github.com/CryptoBuck/CryptoBuck2/releases

We will also be updating the ANN to remove any references to this old chain.  Thank you for making us aware that the old links are still on the ANN.

CryptoBuck
Height = 58636

legendary
For file CryptoBuckV1.3.1-WindowsQT.exe the www.virustotal.com shows 25/64, mostly trojans. Can devs explain this? Why the link to this binary is in the first msg in the topic?
https://www.virustotal.com/pl/file/c4ab0a940de222b3a4f66ab26a9540ad9c842bdaab951fca2811964d5c584474/analysis/1503688543/

Most of those seem to be related to IRC (finding peers) or Bitcoin mining (CPU mining via wallet). Both features are pretty much unnecessary/obsolete in a modern coin client.

Note that I am not stating this executable is absolutely 100% clean, just that it's likely there are a lot of harmless false positives.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
For file CryptoBuckV1.3.1-WindowsQT.exe the www.virustotal.com shows 25/64, mostly trojans. Can devs explain this? Why the link to this binary is in the first msg in the topic?
https://www.virustotal.com/pl/file/c4ab0a940de222b3a4f66ab26a9540ad9c842bdaab951fca2811964d5c584474/analysis/1503688543/
legendary
When was the last PoW block mined? Is it stuck at high diff?
Activity: 1106
Merit: 251
Hi all!

It seems been quiet for a long time here.

Where can I buy or sell the CryptoBuck?

Edit: Never mind. I just saw it at NovaExchange

Hi Kissmarx,

It has been quite for a few months, but the blockchain is running as designed both on the POS side and the POW side.
Recently one of our partner sites POSwallet.com has been transitioning from 1.0 to 2.0.  In this transition they have
disabled the Exchange, and are now recommending users Remove their balances from the HOT wallets.  Once
POSwallet.com 2.0 is released then coins will be able to be put back into the POSW eco-system.  We are still waiting
for confirmation that CryptoBuck will be officially part of this eco-system they are designing.  Will update once we hear progress.

Users with BUK on poswallet.com can easily move them to https://www.novaexchange.com/market/BTC_buk2/ wallet in the time
being or download the QT client https://github.com/CryptoBuck/CryptoBuck2/releases and take advantage of a very
generous Staking algorithm.

CryptoBuck
Height=57166

It's good to know PoSWallet.com will be doing this upgrade.
I hope they bring back the Exchange page after the transition.
For now, I will use NovaExchange.
Thank you for this information.
Activity: 588
Merit: 503
Friendly reminder to pool users,  Please make regular withdraws of your balance or set your auto-payout.

https://hobbyistpool.ddns.net/cryptobuck

Hi all!

Hi Kissmarx,

It has been quite for a few months, but the blockchain is running as designed both on the POS side and the POW side.
Recently one of our partner sites POSwallet.com has been transitioning from 1.0 to 2.0.  In this transition they have
disabled the Exchange, and are now recommending users Remove their balances from the HOT wallets.  Once
POSwallet.com 2.0 is released then coins will be able to be put back into the POSW eco-system.  We are still waiting
for confirmation that CryptoBuck will be officially part of this eco-system they are designing.  Will update once we hear progress.

Users with BUK on poswallet.com can easily move them to https://www.novaexchange.com/market/BTC_buk2/ wallet in the time
being or download the QT client https://github.com/CryptoBuck/CryptoBuck2/releases and take advantage of a very
generous Staking algorithm.

CryptoBuck
Height=57166

Activity: 1106
Merit: 251
Hi all!

Activity: 588
Merit: 503
Sorry guys for being MIA for some time.  The pool is back on track.

Some users are holding a balance,  Please remember to check/withdraw your coins.

NovaExchange,

Thank you for the Explanation, and the gateway for BUK1 coin holders on your exchange to empty the balance sheets.  Also,  Thank you for the Continued
support of the new BUK2.1.1 chain.  Looking forward to a positive future for both teams.

Cryptobuck
Height=27120
legendary
^ The message above specifically says BUK1. I know it's not the official swap.

So this is the older version on the older chain that is being swapped? We can effectively swap coins we've already spent on the new chain? Why?

almightyruler,

The CryptoBuck 2.1.1 chain is the only active chain.  NovaExchange still has it labeled as BUK2 but it is the same Wallet addresses as BUK 1.3.1
We were offering a 1:1 Swap with POSW coin for the past month.  To Clarify this was a swap BUK(2.1.1) : POSW coin - The swap has ended as we
have reached the 30 day mark. 

CryptoBuck
Height = 26855
legendary

So this is the older version on the older chain that is being swapped? We can effectively swap coins we've already spent on the new chain? Why?
hannusolo,

We appreciate the Miners.  As you have probably witnessed CryptoBuck is a very Profitable Scrypt Asset.
Thank you for joining.

CryptoBuck
Height=22461
Activity: 434
Merit: 257
Didn't know the exact story, but good job! Smiley

I'm waiting to see how this coin will turn out in the future. I'm in with mining, and with one of the aforementioned nodes (addnode=87.242.54.232).
Pages:
Jump to: