Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ccminer 2.3 - opensource - GPL (tpruvot) - page 74. (Read 500113 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Hey guys idiot here.
What do i have to write in the batch file so the miner will only use the second GPU?

-d 1
devices start at 0, so second would be 1

Thanks man that really helped me alot.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
I'm on Linux Mint with a GTX 970 using ccminer

Using NiceHash to mine, but can't seem to use either DaggerHashimoto or EquiHash to work Sad

does ccminer not support those algorithms?

no, ETH is not handled at all, and ZEC only on yiimp pools for now (under dev state)
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Hey guys idiot here.
What do i have to write in the batch file so the miner will only use the second GPU?

-d 1
devices start at 0, so second would be 1
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Hey guys idiot here.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I'm on Linux Mint with a GTX 970 using ccminer

Using NiceHash to mine, but can't seem to use either DaggerHashimoto or EquiHash to work Sad

does ccminer not support those algorithms?
Activity: 190
did a quick search, didn't find much relevant to this:

Suddenly when I run ccminer 2.0 for lbry or lyra2rev2 both of my rigs exhibit a behavior where they will instantly power down. Its not power related, they are on separate circuits, have been running zcash mining 24/7 for several weeks.

Intermittently, usually within 5 seconds to a few minutes there will be instant power off. Using CUDA and gtx 1080's and gtx 1080tis in separate rigs.

There's nothing in event viewer after the fact, and the shutdown is not a blue screen - instant power cut (and subsequently reboots due to BIOS reboot on power loss).

Has anyone else experienced this before? Its crazy, and only ccminer does this. I've tried 1.85 as well, different nvidia driver versions (382.53 newest atm). Super weird.

NOTE: It really isn't power related - I'm nowhere near limits of current / temperature. One of the crashes did take longer than usual, and I was able to get a windows 10 kernel MEMORY.DMP. I'm almost certain its an nvidia driver fault.

Hi,
I have the same issue with my aorus 1080TI even when it's on it's own in a rig. I'm pretty convinced it's power related as the TDP is average, there can be higher spikes, and the 1080 TI can be very demanding.
I'm planing to test with another (better) power supply when I get my hands on it.

At first the 1080ti was in a rig with 1070s, the 1070 without it don't trigger the restart.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114
It's still likely a power issue even if not a PSU issue. Make sure you haven't overloaded any power cables
(avoid using splitters) then try removing one GPU. If that doesn't solve it start looking at your house supply.
Do lights dim when you start the miner?

Nothing in software (drivers) should cause a sudden power down.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

Suddenly when I run ccminer 2.0 for lbry or lyra2rev2 both of my rigs exhibit a behavior where they will instantly power down. Its not power related, they are on separate circuits, have been running zcash mining 24/7 for several weeks.

Intermittently, usually within 5 seconds to a few minutes there will be instant power off. Using CUDA and gtx 1080's and gtx 1080tis in separate rigs.

There's nothing in event viewer after the fact, and the shutdown is not a blue screen - instant power cut (and subsequently reboots due to BIOS reboot on power loss).

Has anyone else experienced this before? Its crazy, and only ccminer does this. I've tried 1.85 as well, different nvidia driver versions (382.53 newest atm). Super weird.

NOTE: It really isn't power related - I'm nowhere near limits of current / temperature. One of the crashes did take longer than usual, and I was able to get a windows 10 kernel MEMORY.DMP. I'm almost certain its an nvidia driver fault.

It is power. If it's instant, they don't get time to warmup, so it's not heat. If it's the OS it will BSOD or do something more graceful. Your powersupply is more then likely too small or trips too early on overvoltage protection (which is why you have to overprovision).

Zcash uses less power then Lyra2v2, especially if you turn down the TDP.

well I appreciate the responses!

Both are Windows 10 Pro Creators Update x64.

Rig 1:
2x Strix 1080ti, Corsair AX1200i 1200w plat PSU. total power load is 520w, its not coming anywhere near its limit. Cards undervolted to 0.812v, pull about 215w each with zcash and 202w with lbry. both in mobo. I definitely don't doubt the overvoltage protection trip, its a known thing with a lot of AX1200i's. However, I've pulled far more wattage through with both set at 120% power limit during stress testing, with each consuming 320w simultaneously.

Rig 2:
6x Gigabyte 1080, undervolted to 0.825v, ~135w each. single 8pin, powered risers. no issue running zcash for weeks. Seasonic SSR-1200PD 1200w plat. Total load is ~930w from wall, however kitguru has tests pulling 1350 sustained from it before a shutdown.

The fact that this is happening on two separate circuits with different powersupplies, different cards, different configs (direct in slot on mobo, other rig is on powered risers) lead me to believe its really not a power issue - though I understand why it would be top of the list. Hmm.

The only common things I can think of are the same OS, same nvidia driver version, and CUDA 7.5 / 8.0 from different ccminer builds. I also wonder if the ccminer implementation of the lbry / lyra2rev2 algos contains some power spiking, which might trip over voltage protection on the PSUs.

Did you try to raise the card voltage back up?

KNow it might suck but try one card in each rig with the miner and see if it stays running.
Activity: 249
Merit: 250

It is power. If it's instant, they don't get time to warmup, so it's not heat. If it's the OS it will BSOD or do something more graceful. Your powersupply is more then likely too small or trips too early on overvoltage protection (which is why you have to overprovision).

well I appreciate the responses!

Both are Windows 10 Pro Creators Update x64.

Rig 1:
2x Strix 1080ti, Corsair AX1200i 1200w plat PSU. total power load is 520w, its not coming anywhere near its limit. Cards undervolted to 0.812v, pull about 215w each with zcash and 202w with lbry. both in mobo. I definitely don't doubt the overvoltage protection trip, its a known thing with a lot of AX1200i's. However, I've pulled far more wattage through with both set at 120% power limit during stress testing, with each consuming 320w simultaneously.

Rig 2:
6x Gigabyte 1080, undervolted to 0.825v, ~135w each. single 8pin, powered risers. no issue running zcash for weeks. Seasonic SSR-1200PD 1200w plat. Total load is ~930w from wall, however kitguru has tests pulling 1350 sustained from it before a shutdown.

The fact that this is happening on two separate circuits with different powersupplies, different cards, different configs (direct in slot on mobo, other rig is on powered risers) lead me to believe its really not a power issue - though I understand why it would be top of the list. Hmm.

The only common things I can think of are the same OS, same nvidia driver version, and CUDA 7.5 / 8.0 from different ccminer builds. I also wonder if the ccminer implementation of the lbry / lyra2rev2 algos contains some power spiking, which might trip over voltage protection on the PSUs.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

Don't have an answer as to your information but in case someone else reads.

What OS are on?

How many cards per rig and what is the PSU Wattage (I know you said it's not power related but the more information is helpful)?

Are the cards under/over clocked?

Maybe voltage related to the cards (or cpu).

Just throwing out idea. Sometimes the simple things are overlooked.
Activity: 249
Merit: 250

Activity: 168
Quick thanks to the dev - using this with my rig of 5x GTX 1070s to mine a few Feathercoin this weekend. Just trying it out, been running a few hours an so far so good.

Are there any algos for which it is particularly optimised? Not looked at this at all beyond Feathercoin yet.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
I would absolutely love if someone could point me to an easy solution for solo getblocktemplate mining on this software. Lots of new coins don't support the old getwork protocol anymore Sad

epsylon3 could build them all ...

but with all the work involved - it would need to be worth his effort ...

#crysx
Activity: 120
Astrophotographer and Ham Radioist!
I would absolutely love if someone could point me to an easy solution for solo getblocktemplate mining on this software. Lots of new coins don't support the old getwork protocol anymore Sad
Activity: 42
How can i tune ccminer on scrypt-jane algo for 1080 Ti? I tried some tweaks like 980 Ti: "-L 22 -l t22x16", approx 1.2 kHs, but i got speed around 400 Hs.
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
Can someone please post download link for alexis78 version

PLEASE LOOK ON GITHUB--

If you look at Alexis78' GitHub, you will find his work.  Try "github.com/alexis78".       --scryptr
Activity: 476
Merit: 278
Can someone please post download link for alexis78 version
Activity: 14
Hi all, I cannot get ccminer to play nicely for me. I'm trying no mine LBRY using it , and I have had it working before.
However I can't get it working anymore, I got these 3 error messages.
 Stratum authorize answer id is not correct!
Stratum authentication failed
 submit_upstream_work stratum_send_line failed

I have no idea what is going on and to make matters more frustrating I have tried using an older version of ccminer (1.8.4) and I managed to get it working however  upon closing the mining window and clicking on my .bat file, the same problems arose again with those 3 error messages coming up.
Please Help this is all very confusing and frustrating.

Here is a copy of my .bat file command line:
ccminer.exe -a lbry -o stratum+tcp://lbry.suprnova.cc:6256 -u KenBray.MainRig -p x

Try without the -p password. worked for me.
legendary
Activity: 1191
Merit: 1001
Hi all, I cannot get ccminer to play nicely for me. I'm trying no mine LBRY using it , and I have had it working before.
However I can't get it working anymore, I got these 3 error messages.
 Stratum authorize answer id is not correct!
Stratum authentication failed
 submit_upstream_work stratum_send_line failed

I have no idea what is going on and to make matters more frustrating I have tried using an older version of ccminer (1.8.4) and I managed to get it working however  upon closing the mining window and clicking on my .bat file, the same problems arose again with those 3 error messages coming up.
Please Help this is all very confusing and frustrating.

Here is a copy of my .bat file command line:
ccminer.exe -a lbry -o stratum+tcp://lbry.suprnova.cc:6256 -u KenBray.MainRig -p x
Have same troubles with win 7 x64 and ccminer 1.8.4, few miner restarts or reboot helped.
Pages:
Jump to: