Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [CDA] CanadaCoin- POW/POS countrycoin with CanadaDay AirDrop - page 14. (Read 26566 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
gents, the .conf file is included in the folder. to solomine from the wallet console you type

setgenerate true

to get to console go to Help/Debug Window/Console

sorry maybe I am missing something then, after we do that then what do I point my CGminer at? what would me bat file look like?

sorry, those instructions for mining from the wallet.

there is an excellent tutorial from beginning to end here- (for litecoin) https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/tutorial-solo-mining-litecoins-guide-windows-83371

...you will find .conf file in the folder
think I am all good to go....thanks for the help guys
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
gents, the .conf file is included in the folder. to solomine from the wallet console you type

setgenerate true

sorry maybe I am missing something then, after we do that then what do I point my CGminer at? what would me bat file look like?

sorry, those instructions for mining from the wallet.

there is an excellent tutorial from beginning to end here- (for litecoin) https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/tutorial-solo-mining-litecoins-guide-windows-83371

...you will find .conf file in the folder
Activity: 938
Merit: 502

setgenerate true

If you use "setgenerate true" in wallet, you are cpu-mining. You can check the status using the command getmininginfo. But depending on the network hashrate, you probably will not be very successful mining with your cpu. There is a candacoin-1.conf in the main folder that you can copy and change the username,pass, add nodes, and allowip to the config you need. Then if on windows you will save the file as canadacoin.conf in your appdata roaming folder in the canadacoin folder.
Activity: 103
To be clear and distinctive from the posts happening now... I'm successfully mining solo with cgminer, getting confirmed and getting stakes (interest I assume).  Was just wandering should I "setgenerate true" in addition to my successful solo mining?  Will the wallet mine as well, any benefits?

Should I do "setgenerate true" if I'm cgmining solo?

setgenerate true

CanadaCoin looks fine.

Do you want me to add CanadaCoin to a new pool that I'm creating?

It's going to be one of the major pools in future (at least I will work for that!).

It's this pool:
http://pool.terahashers.com/

The website/pool were created just 3 days ago, so there is a lot of improvement to be done (website only looks OK on Chrome).
But anyways the pools are working perfect, although there are not many people there because it is so new.

hey that sounds great...the luckypool.cn is currently down and afong9 is not responding

thanks very much!

setgenerate true

please remember that if you encrypt wallet you will need to unlock for it to mine and stake
can anyone tell me how to solo mine this I did what is suggested  on the site

1. Open your CanadaCoin wallet.

2. Go to Help Menu

3. Go to Debug Window

4. Go to Console

5. Type the following: setgenerate true

6. Press enter.

and then what?HuhHuh there is no config information on the OP, and seeing I cant seem to find any pool operating I just wanted to solo

any help?

Leesminer:  I'm not 100% sure but I think you create a file called "Canadacoin.conf" with the following in it and put it in the same folder as your wallet.dat:

Code:
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
rpcport=36350
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
daemon=1
listen=1

Change rpcuser and rpcpassword to something unique to your system.  Also, you can add "-gen=1" in the command to run the wallet.  That will get it generating coins.

Hope that helps...

Regards,

Chris

P.S.  I've never mined using a wallet so if I screwed that up someone jump in and correct it, please.  LOL!  Wink

Thanks I have mined solo usually the dev will put up a sample config with the rpc ports and such, but I didn't see one in the OP
Activity: 103
Should I do "setgenerate true" if I'm cgmining solo?
can anyone tell me how to solo mine this I did what is suggested  on the site

2. Go to Help Menu

3. Go to Debug Window

4. Go to Console

6. Press enter.

and then what?HuhHuh there is no config information on the OP, and seeing I cant seem to find any pool operating I just wanted to solo

any help?

Leesminer:  I'm not 100% sure but I think you create a file called "Canadacoin.conf" with the following in it and put it in the same folder as your wallet.dat:

Code:
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
rpcport=36350
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
daemon=1
listen=1

Change rpcuser and rpcpassword to something unique to your system.  Also, you can add "-gen=1" in the command to run the wallet.  That will get it generating coins.

Hope that helps...

Regards,

Chris

P.S.  I've never mined using a wallet so if I screwed that up someone jump in and correct it, please.  LOL!  Wink
Activity: 532
CanadaCoin looks fine.

Do you want me to add CanadaCoin to a new pool that I'm creating?

It's going to be one of the major pools in future (at least I will work for that!).

It's this pool:
http://pool.terahashers.com/

The website/pool were created just 3 days ago, so there is a lot of improvement to be done (website only looks OK on Chrome).
But anyways the pools are working perfect, although there are not many people there because it is so new.
can anyone tell me how to solo mine this I did what is suggested  on the site

2. Go to Help Menu

3. Go to Debug Window

4. Go to Console

6. Press enter.

any help?
Got 10000 of CDA mined... i am happy.

Sweet!  Gratz on that!   Grin

Chris
Activity: 98
Got 10000 of CDA mined... i am happy.
Publishing is a very big to fail, no one is willing to mining this coin.

I'm sorry, it's hard to take you seriously when you are promoting the SmurfsCoin Grin
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Publishing is a very big to fail, no one is willing to mining this coin.
To throw my CDN$0.02 into the hat...  IMHO what makes for a successful coin launch are the following:

1.  A launch announcement that's well-planned and posted early so as many ppl as possible see it and become interested in the coin.

2.  An active dev who's responding quickly and appropriately in the forum once the coin launches.

3.  Several pools available at launch, preferably some of which are major pools (e.g. dedicatedpool, suchpool, etc.)

4.  At least one exchange for trading, again preferably a major exchange (e.g. bittrex, crypsty, poloneix, etc.)

5.  Positive, active participation by the community (DUH!) especially if it's volunteering to help out where needed.

Based on the above, this launch (cough!) didn't go too well.  (cough!)  But I've said from the beginning that IMHO the dev isn't a scammer and *does* want the coin to succeed.  So, I *do* hope the problems can get fixed and the coin will do well.

Like I said, just my CDN$0.02 worth...

Regards,

Chris
Dear Canadacoin Developer,

I take back the bad stuff I said about you, and wanted to give you advice if you ever decide to release a new coin in the future.

I am a troll account. I was created to troll coins that I thought were detrimental to the community. I am an altcoin miner with a lot of fire-power(a whole fucking lot). I mine most coins at the release, and do very well compared to the btc I would make if I mined at a multi-pool.

The one most important thing to do as a developer is BE ACTIVE during your coins launch. We(the community) do not care if you have a family, or a job, or a sick turtle. We expect you to be active during the first 24-72 hours of launch, no matter what. If you are not active during this key time, your coin will fail. There is no getting around it, either hire somebody to launch your coin, tell your family you are unavailable for the next few days, or find someway to respond to the thread with your coin constantly.

Thanks Foodstamps for the advice...point taken. My first coin release. I'll try to be more ontop of this forum. Lots to juggle. I'm in it for the long-haul. Hopefully folks can see beyond the few early bumps. If anyone wants to get active and help us out...please do step forward.
Pages:
Jump to: