Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] #coin - page 7. (Read 39709 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
January 23, 2014, 10:39:48 AM
I think this is too much

55%(137-225k) for ongoing development and promotion (Budgeted for over 5 years)
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 23, 2014, 10:31:56 AM
Thoughts on premining

As a rough guide and for discussion Here was what I had in mind.

0.5-1% premine - (250-500K#coins).

Divided

15% (37-75K) Giveaways over 3 months
22.5% (54-107K) IPO
7.5% (16-32K) Fees over the life of the coin.

All expenditure will be available on a public ledger.

Feed-back welcome. I'll also take a vote on 0.5% or 1%.

EDIT: Correction 22.5% should be 54k-107k not 37k-75k as originally stated.

why don't you be honest to people and write there, most of the premined coins are for your lambo. dreams?
won't argue on all of dividents but...
7.5% (16-32K) Fees over the life of the coin...

this is bull*.

fees - expences for hosting-nodes ext. will have same value. they wont change with your premine %...

Activity: 392
January 23, 2014, 10:16:36 AM
Thoughts on premining

Divided

55%(137-1275k) for ongoing development and promotion (Budgeted for over 5 years)

22.5% (37-75K) IPO

I say this is fair especially when op is clearly transparent and open to suggestions. I think this would be required to stimulate the economy and motivate the developers. A lot of people don't know what goes into the job of a team launching a new coin. In general for all new coin launches, I don't agree with massive amounts of premine/instamining due to possibilities of large dumps from the team and manipulation possibilities.  This is a pretty fair premine launch discussion.  You have my approval..  I would like to contribute and collaborate with the IPO, I want to be a stakeholder... how do I do that?

As per Maco, please put me down for an IPO stake as well.

I am very excited about this coins potential.

Thanks!
Stewart

Activity: 56
January 23, 2014, 04:59:17 AM
Can the Dev give a Release time. Also timezone.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Thanks for help! God is a ....
January 22, 2014, 09:56:01 PM
If #coin uses Scrypt-Jane, is there a GPU miner when launch # coin? We all know that GPU miner is much more powerful than CPU miner in early days.
Activity: 42
January 22, 2014, 03:53:39 AM
Thoughts on premining

Divided

55%(137-1275k) for ongoing development and promotion (Budgeted for over 5 years)

22.5% (37-75K) IPO

I say this is fair especially when op is clearly transparent and open to suggestions. I think this would be required to stimulate the economy and motivate the developers. A lot of people don't know what goes into the job of a team launching a new coin. In general for all new coin launches, I don't agree with massive amounts of premine/instamining due to possibilities of large dumps from the team and manipulation possibilities.  This is a pretty fair premine launch discussion.  You have my approval..  I would like to contribute and collaborate with the IPO, I want to be a stakeholder... how do I do that?

Hi Maco,

Thanks for your early support and your kind feed-back. I've booked you a spot on the IPO and will keep you updated in PM as it matures.

Edit: Please note the corrections in the above quote.
-Correction 22.5% of 250k-500k should be 54k-107k not 37k-75k as originally stated.
-Consequently the IPO should read 107K#coins and not 75k (53k if 0.5% premine).
Activity: 294
January 22, 2014, 02:48:24 AM
Thoughts on premining

Divided

22.5% (37-75K) IPO

I say this is fair especially when op is clearly transparent and open to suggestions. I think this would be required to stimulate the economy and motivate the developers. A lot of people don't know what goes into the job of a team launching a new coin. In general for all new coin launches, I don't agree with massive amounts of premine/instamining due to possibilities of large dumps from the team and manipulation possibilities.  This is a pretty fair premine launch discussion.  You have my approval..  I would like to contribute and collaborate with the IPO, I want to be a stakeholder... how do I do that?
January 22, 2014, 01:44:21 AM
Thoughts on IPO

107k#coins released as 107x 1,000 coin bundles (half this if 0.5% decided on). Max 50 million ever in circulation.

Suggestions welcome for the starting price in BTC for a 1,000 bundle block of #coin.

Note that it will take around 4 days for the miners to mine this amount of coin.

Where will this money go? This will be invested back into promotional services. We are pushing to get publicised outside the Crypto-community and have engaged 2 agencies for this.

Edit: Correction should read 107K#coins and not 75k.
Correction - 10,512,000 coins will be mined in the first year. It will take around 4 days not 4 months to mine 107K #coins.
January 22, 2014, 01:37:36 AM
Thoughts on premining

Divided

22.5% (54-107K) IPO

EDIT: Correction 22.5% should be 54k-107k not 37k-75k as originally stated.
January 21, 2014, 11:06:05 PM
NEW Bounty

URGENTLY required. We are aiming for a good launch first off. We need someone with either working experience or extensive technical understanding of security issues that could affect our coin, e.g forking, how to protect nodes from DDOS, how to discourage miningpools, and provide ways we can prevent or solve them should they arise. Please PM me if you think you could be of assistance.

Note: you must be able to advise on the remedies and not just point out the problems. We are looking for all bases to be covered not some of them so please bear this in mind. Renumeration will be in #coin.

Quick Update:
Thanks for your continued support guys. Your feed-back has been noted and will be responded to. I have had a hectic week with a few things in my real-life. Travelled interstate, had my B'day and worst to come we have a long weekend coming up.

Bounty payouts: Will be announced on Friday. Guy's thanks for all the new ideas. Realistically they will be considered after launch once the coin has its legs. But some really good ideas and I will respond to everyone personally.

All the concerns about premine have also been noted and I will get back to everyone on Friday for a more detailed discussion to figure out something fair we can all agree on.

cheers

January 21, 2014, 05:34:05 PM
premine 1%~2%? 

i can tell you most of miners will say "scamer" after luanch, believe it or not~~
you know  how many miners and how much time all miner used can get 2% of the coin??

premine 0.1%~0.5% will be accepted

The Developer is creating an IPO to raise funds for everyone participate in, to help fund coin development.

That is going to require a pre-mine for the IPO funding. 1% seems reasonable for limited quantity of 50 million coins.
Activity: 247
January 20, 2014, 11:33:02 AM
premine 1%~2%? 

i can tell you most of miners will say "scamer" after luanch, believe it or not~~
you know  how many miners and how much time all miner used can get 2% of the coin??

premine 0.1%~0.5% will be accepted

Activity: 434
January 20, 2014, 10:35:00 AM
Interesting idea, no so comfortable name, though, but it has its pluses, it will be first in exchanges name tables LOL  Grin
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
January 20, 2014, 10:18:40 AM
Since this coin is all about the hash tag, how about building an app that sends a hash tag coin transaction via twitter?

Just thinking outside the box here... Smiley

Actually... I could see how ideas like this, along these lines, could work. Linking into APIs. Interesting...
January 20, 2014, 10:02:19 AM
Since this coin is all about the hash tag, how about building an app that sends a hash tag coin transaction via twitter?

Just thinking outside the box here... Smiley

Activity: 126
January 19, 2014, 01:06:03 AM
If it is scrypt Jane does that mean we will be able to use the qqcoin miner?

What is the pos rate going to be?

Activity: 686
Merit: 251
January 19, 2014, 12:36:48 AM
Some thoughts on the premine-

Ignore the people who go "Zomg- premine, never work, failure"  If one wants to look at it that way, when btc was new and only a tiny group knew about it at first, they got a premine with difficulty changes that were much slower then newer coins go though. 

Lower % premine is better, coin dev's deserve their own -modest- share of coin.     Review digibyte's premine giveaway, very transparent and open with how they gave away coins, its a good model, however, maybe space your giveaway's/ammounts out, and lower then, I think they went through approx 75% of their giveaway fund in first week alone.
Activity: 10
January 18, 2014, 08:59:11 PM
Interresting.

I think this coin could have potential, but only if you get some features that make use of the #-tag. Nobody cares about another bitcoin fork, that time is over.
After I first read about this coin I had some ideas that I want to share with you:

1)Use passwords to generate adresses like nxt coin. Bitcoin adresses/priv keys are impossible to remember so name adresses like nxt-coin.
If you are afraid people are too stupid to do it safely add a 6digit random nummer to the users choise. This should make it impossible to brute force wallets unless you know the password. If the user forgetts that number he can still recover the wallet by brute force though.

2)Allow users to set a arbitrary adress to recive funds. (like real hashtags)

For a fee you can permanently register a new hashtag to the blockchain. Everyone can use that tag so nobody owns it exclusively. Every adress can enable just 1 hashtag and will get a chance at the donations to that tag. Donations could be directly or a share of a txt-fee if the sender includes a tag, otherwise nobody gets it. Free change with every txt, leave it or donate it.

The tricky part here is to prevent a 100gb blockchain/month so you can't save all and ever info, but that's not needed. The idea is a bit complex, but in short it's the following:

Every day the funds of each tag will be given to one random adress of that tag. That's just one txt per tag that is generated so there isn't much data here. After that all those "enable hashtag" are removed and you'd need to enable it again. This allows users to delete this from their HDD since it isn't needed anymore. Clients could also ignore it completely, but miners must process it. No cencorship.

This would also allow timestamp the whole chain so txt on #coin could be as safe as on bitcoin!

If you are interrsted i can go more into tec details, but as far as I see it there are no drawbacks other than 1additional bit per txt and people sending useless txt for fun.

PS: What's about the IPO? Can you give more details?
Activity: 44
January 18, 2014, 06:56:56 PM
I'm keeping my eye on this. Sounds good.
Activity: 266
January 17, 2014, 07:06:13 PM
premine?
not thanks Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: