Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CoinGecko.com - 360 Degree Cryptocurrency Valuation and Ranking - page 4. (Read 87998 times)

Activity: 61
Merit: 4

Do ask the team to fill up this form to get new coins listed: https://goo.gl/forms/1sRArLUxDAggur5t2

No use, thanks tho.. it was a scam coin made by the DeviantCoin Team.
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
Ethereum 107% up and XRP 28% up... I  guess XRP did too good the months before so it would run out of gas at some point, but this is still so unfair!

Ethereum gets more useless the higher its price gets since its main selling point are the DAPPS, but I've felt the results of its last pump... players wanted to sell their NFTs for Ethereum in a FOMO panic and no one wanted to buy them by spending their rising ETH.
This alongside the rising gas fees and eventually the Ethereum's use-case was ruined for many days until the price started to fall again.

On the other hand, XRP partnerships with MoneyGram and its use-case is as a store of value and a medium of transfer, an increase in value and/or transactions doesn't create problems for XRP.

Yet it seems people prefered to invest in Ethereum instead of XRP. I'm getting tired of the dump people in this space, driven by FOMO, FUD and following the general opinion without researching anything.
Activity: 225
Merit: 1
Interesting overview, thanks

in the 2019 exit scams of Exchanges, you can also add BiteBTC/Fedlio : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4612714.900;topicseen
Activity: 247
Merit: 40
Hello everyone, did you guys see that CoinGecko has recently published our Q2 crypto report?

This 46 page PDF contains all the info that you would like to know about events in Q2. It was a phenomenal quarter where we finally came out of crypto winter!

In this report, we looked into the Initial Exchange Offerings (IEO) market. The IEO trend continued to grow throughout Q2, peaking in April with 34 IEOs and $109.9 million raised in a single month. A total of $262 million was raised via IEOs in the first half of 2019. However, only 50% of IEOs were traded above their IEO price by the end of June 2019.

We also took a look at Facebook's launch of Libra and condense their whitepaper into easy to understand points.

Do have a read and let us know what you think about it. Download the full report here.
Oh that's good to hear!
I'm sure with your level of quality, it'll be great! I can't wait to see it!! Grin
Lately I've been in search of a good portfolio tracker, maybe CoinGecko could decide on making one? I believe we miss a good app that does everything.

• Coinlib has a good interface and all the info I need really, but it's not mobile-friendly and they haven't update anything over half a year now. It makes me wonder if they'll keep their service up in the future.
  • Blockfolio has a nice exchange integration and a good flow of news from the coins I follow, but it misses so many important features (I can't easily view my portfolio distribution in a visual graph, I can't see how much profit/loss I have for each asset without opening each asset individually and going deep in their menus, etc).
  • G.E.M. has the best interface and portfolio presentation, but it won't allow me to edit the entries from exchanges. The portfolio tracker can't know if a withdraw from an exchange has sent the coins in my wallet or if it was a payment to someone else.

With your professionalism, I hope you are intresting in creating something that can have all the good points of those apps with hopefully none of their issues ! Wink

We are looking at creating a portfolio soon. Hopefully when it is ready, it will be good as per your expectations!
Anyone has a good alternative for Coingecko?
There are wayy too many ads and trackers for social media.
All the ads are also pretty annoying and some of the ads on Coingecko are scams. I dont trust sites that promote scams.
This site literally made me download an adblocker and even then some ads still show..  Roll Eyes

Have been using CoinGecko for quite a while now, while they do have ads most of them are rather un-intrusive and it helps CoinGecko keep their services free for all of us to use. Did you know that they also have free API for everyone to use? I bet all that takes up quite a bit of money, but definitely enabled many development across the cryptosphere!

I'm more than happy to support them by having a few ads pop up on my screen. Afterall, I only look at the prices for at most a minute and I don't click on the ads. Can't hurt Smiley

Indeed thank you for the support and pointing out the obvious! Our server bills are high so the ads help pay to keep the site and API free Smiley
Lately I've been in search of a good portfolio tracker, maybe CoinGecko could decide on making one? I believe we miss a good app that does everything.

• Coinlib has a good interface and all the info I need really, but it's not mobile-friendly and they haven't update anything over half a year now. It makes me wonder if they'll keep their service up in the future.
  • Blockfolio has a nice exchange integration and a good flow of news from the coins I follow, but it misses so many important features (I can't easily view my portfolio distribution in a visual graph, I can't see how much profit/loss I have for each asset without opening each asset individually and going deep in their menus, etc).
  • G.E.M. has the best interface and portfolio presentation, but it won't allow me to edit the entries from exchanges. The portfolio tracker can't know if a withdraw from an exchange has sent the coins in my wallet or if it was a payment to someone else.

With your professionalism, I hope you are intresting in creating something that can have all the good points of those apps with hopefully none of their issues ! Wink
Activity: 26
Merit: 1
All the ads are also pretty annoying and some of the ads on Coingecko are scams. I dont trust sites that promote scams.
This site literally made me download an adblocker and even then some ads still show..  Roll Eyes

Have been using CoinGecko for quite a while now, while they do have ads most of them are rather un-intrusive and it helps CoinGecko keep their services free for all of us to use. Did you know that they also have free API for everyone to use? I bet all that takes up quite a bit of money, but definitely enabled many development across the cryptosphere!

I'm more than happy to support them by having a few ads pop up on my screen. Afterall, I only look at the prices for at most a minute and I don't click on the ads. Can't hurt Smiley
Its promotion and you see its one. So normal user dont click promotion.

coingecko is a real fair service , fast and informative. It also has Discord Bot. And main is they support smaller coins and exchanges.

Its 100x better then CMC

Thank you for the support! We appreciate your trust in us and we will continue working hard to further improve CoinGecko!
This site literally made me download an adblocker and even then some ads still show..  Roll Eyes

Feel free to download Brave browser which removes most ads. Our affiliate link can be found on the Basic Attention Token page in the yellow box: https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/basic-attention-token
Activity: 636
Merit: 11
Its promotion and you see its one. So normal user dont click promotion.

coingecko is a real fair service , fast and informative. It also has Discord Bot. And main is they support smaller coins and exchanges.

Its 100x better then CMC
Activity: 75
Merit: 0
Trading Volume != Liquidity

Hello everyone! CoinGecko is introducing "Trust Score" to combat fake exchange volume. From today onwards, we won't be sorting exchanges by reported volume but will take into account web traffic and orderbook data.  Grin

Full announcement: https://blog.coingecko.com/trust-score/

Check it out and let us know what you think!

That's right! Support your decision. You could also add some other metrics (comments, likes, and other activities in an exchange's media channels). Even if they would be fake (as could be web traffic btw) no any exchange could support fake constantly.

This is a great suggestion! This feature is coming soon actually  Smiley
Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Hello everyone! CoinGecko is introducing "Trust Score" to combat fake exchange volume. From today onwards, we won't be sorting exchanges by reported volume but will take into account web traffic and orderbook data.  Grin

That's right! Support your decision. You could also add some other metrics (comments, likes, and other activities in an exchange's media channels). Even if they would be fake (as could be web traffic btw) no any exchange could support fake constantly.
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
Vechain (VET) Formerly VEN had a 1:100 TOKEN Transformation in aug 2018. 1 VEN became 100VET.
The Since ALL Time High price on coingecko is 99,9%. This is wrong.

The All Time High Price of VEN was 8,46
Current price of VET = 0.0075.
IF you calculate 1- (0.0075/8.46)=6 You get 99,9%
You should calculate  it as 1- (0.0075/0.0846*) = 91,1%

Please fix the calculation. Thank you

*(8,46/100)
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Coingecko is a great site for ICOs.

But I like using https://freecoins24.io/ for airdrops, very reliable

Pages:
Jump to: