Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CoinMap 1.0 is back! - page 2. (Read 989 times)

legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
January 19, 2020, 03:06:53 PM

Yes, it pulls all data during the first load.
If you have an Android smartphone and you need to know bitcoin venues during your business trip you could consider to install Bitcoin Map. It uses the same data.

Although that is good in *theory* when siting on slow hotel wi-fi with no other option it really is not the best.
At least put up a bit of text that tells a visitor that so they (me) don't hit refresh waiting for it to load.

Seriously, I feel like I am on 1995 dial up speed where I am.

-Dave
Activity: 1234
Merit: 789
January 19, 2020, 10:25:14 AM
i added a new venue in thailand on OSM, how long does it take to show up on the app?
As displayed in the info box at the bottom of the site, the map is updated every day.

Its do loads like forever.
Yes, it was this the issue I faced last month. Please double check it and let me know if it happens again.

I believe that anything you add should first be approved by OP (or at least, that's how I remember the old CoinMap being like).
If you add your venue using OpenStreetMap you do not need to be approved. Anyway some OSM contributor/moderator could change/delete it later if it violates any rule.
If you add it using Bitcoin OnOsm, yes, you need some OSM contributor/moderator see your request and create venue for you.

edit:

if new locations have to be approved first, then please make sure to check from time to time.
for thailand for instance, i see many locations on other maps but not on the app.
maybe with a bit of help from the community, this could be updated?
If all maps use OpenStreetMap data, there would never be a problem with data synchronization.

Very slow loading for me at 1st.
I am on a business trip and wanted to see if there was anything nearby, gave up waiting and went for a walk around the hotel.
Came back a while later and it was fine.

Other pages were good.

Is it trying to pull a ton of data during the 1st load?

-Dave
Yes, it pulls all data during the first load.
If you have an Android smartphone and you need to know bitcoin venues during your business trip you could consider to install Bitcoin Map. It uses the same data.

i see, so it's just downloading locations. sure, then it is worth the waiting time.
It downloads all bitcoin venues at the first load of the website and this could take some time.
If any developer could improve the app feel free to have a look at the source code.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1109
Graphic Design & Translation - BTC accepted here!
January 19, 2020, 08:18:22 AM
i see, so it's just downloading locations. sure, then it is worth the waiting time.
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
January 18, 2020, 10:59:23 PM
Very slow loading for me at 1st.
I am on a business trip and wanted to see if there was anything nearby, gave up waiting and went for a walk around the hotel.
Came back a while later and it was fine.

Other pages were good.

Is it trying to pull a ton of data during the 1st load?

-Dave
legendary
January 18, 2020, 06:59:16 PM
edit:

if new locations have to be approved first, then please make sure to check from time to time.
for thailand for instance, i see many locations on other maps but not on the app.
maybe with a bit of help from the community, this could be updated?

the website loaded first for quite a while.

i tested it again on chrome and firefox and now it seems to be fine.
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
January 18, 2020, 07:47:22 AM
i added a new venue in thailand on OSM, how long does it take to show up on the app?

coinmap.it is down?

I believe that anything you add should first be approved by OP (or at least, that's how I remember the old CoinMap being like).

-snip-

It's working fine for me. If clearing the cache doesn't work, try to change the browser/device.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 767
January 18, 2020, 07:23:17 AM

coinmap.it is down?
legendary
January 18, 2020, 05:32:41 AM

coinmap.it is down?
January 12, 2020, 10:39:26 AM
So, for that new row in the info box I have translated it in every languages:

- German (thanks to layer1gfx)
- Russian (thanks to deisik)
- Japanese (using Google Translator)
- Portuguese (using Google Translator)
- Czech (using Google Translator)
- Slovak (using Google Translator)

In addition I have added French (thanks to Aveatrex).

If anyone could do better, please feel free to report it here.
December 30, 2019, 06:53:55 PM
Thanks to layer1gfx I have covered german translation.

It would be more faster if you do post up on Services section of this forum if you do tend to find out some translators.
I will give it a try, thank you.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 767
December 30, 2019, 06:40:54 PM

I'm looking for translations for this new row for the following languages:
- German
- Russian
- Japanese
- Portuguese
- Czech
- Slovak

Can you help me?

It would be more faster if you do post up on Services section of this forum if you do tend to find out some translators.
legendary
December 30, 2019, 03:14:01 PM
Hello, I have added a new row in the info box at the bottom of map:

As you can read users can use a modified version of onosm.org to add their bitcoin venue.

Let's go to check it out! https://www.coinmap.it

- German
- Russian
- Japanese
- Portuguese
- Czech
- Slovak

Can you help me?

sure, i can do the German translation. just send me a PM Smiley
December 30, 2019, 10:54:13 AM
Hello, I have added a new row in the info box at the bottom of map:

As you can read users can use a modified version of onosm.org to add their bitcoin venue.

Let's go to check it out! https://www.coinmap.it

- German
- Russian
- Japanese
- Portuguese
- Czech
- Slovak

Can you help me?
legendary
June 13, 2019, 06:05:14 AM

good to see some actual BTM data. i shared this article on telegram, thanks for posting...
March 11, 2019, 01:37:22 PM
Did you have a look at this project?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/android-bitcoin-map-bitcoin-shops-and-atms-around-the-world-1266752

It is an Android app based on the same data used by Coinmap 1.0.
legendary
February 25, 2019, 04:48:01 PM
As you maybe have seen from the Github commits I have made some changes:
- added "locate me" button (instead of ask for position at every site open)
- added permalink handler, so you can get from the address bar the URL corrisponding to the position on the map you moved to
- fixed search feature, in which you can search venues and ATMs by name
- added CoinMap logo back on loading page

great improvements, i noticed the logo it looks better this way.
i will play a bit more with the map and get back to you if i have questions.
keep bitcoin mapped !
February 25, 2019, 09:02:59 AM
As you maybe have seen from the Github commits I have made some changes:
- added "locate me" button (instead of ask for position at every site open)
- added permalink handler, so you can get from the address bar the URL corrisponding to the position on the map you moved to
- fixed search feature, in which you can search venues and ATMs by name
- added CoinMap logo back on loading page
legendary
February 24, 2019, 03:22:44 PM
i am familiar with that procedure, i helped many real businesses to add their location on open street map and coinmap via bitcoin accepted = yes .
so i guess i will just keep going the same way as i have been doing before.
BTC atm icons - could we get something like that sorted?
i know google maps allowed your own graphics for markers on the map.
do you know if open street maps is allowing locally hosted custom map pins/markers etc?
Glad to see you are an OpenStreetMap user Smiley
As you can see by the source code LeafletJS is used for rendering pins/markers on the map. Yes, is possible to use custom icons, didn't you see different icons for Bitcoin ATMs and some venues categories?

ah now i spotted the BTC ATM symbol! alright, i would try to add some more missing ATMs in my area. the coinatmradar map would be a guide if needed...
keep it going...  Cool
February 23, 2019, 07:27:06 AM
i am familiar with that procedure, i helped many real businesses to add their location on open street map and coinmap via bitcoin accepted = yes .
so i guess i will just keep going the same way as i have been doing before.
BTC atm icons - could we get something like that sorted?
i know google maps allowed your own graphics for markers on the map.
do you know if open street maps is allowing locally hosted custom map pins/markers etc?
Glad to see you are an OpenStreetMap user Smiley
As you can see by the source code LeafletJS is used for rendering pins/markers on the map. Yes, is possible to use custom icons, didn't you see different icons for Bitcoin ATMs and some venues categories?

Nice! I actually prefer the 1.0 version over the 2.0, just because you can choose different map styles.
Besides, I don't really see the point of using this to look for businesses that only operate online, so 2.0 doesn't offer anything special for me anyway.
I have to disagree there. The look of the map and the functionality to change the look is like a very good update for me in terms of user interface and usability. You see that venue update? That is like so much better than the version 1. The physical locations are replaced by even venues that is a huge thing for the community.
Maybe you misunderstand @eternalgloom's post. Again, this is Coinmap 1.0, in which you can choose different map styles, and both you and @eternalglooms are agree with this Smiley
What is your opinion about adding only physical veneus (Coinmap 1.0) versus physical venues and online shops/any website (Coinmap 2.0)?
Pages:
Jump to: