Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Coldkey™ -- Secure cold storage wallet cards - page 2. (Read 2179 times)

1Dq
copper member
Activity: 315
Merit: 950
Crypto Artist
You're doing great, yogg!
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158
this looks great Yogg! Looking forward to getting ABS Keys supported Wink

Thanks Crypto-Centric. Smiley
Heh, who knows. If there is some demande, why not provide Coldkeys loaded with ABS !

Our website is now live. You can visit it at this URL : https://www.coldkey.eu
There is also a shop on this website that allows you to place an order directly from the website. Smiley

There are many improvements to come to the website.
We will keep track of every Coldkey release there, as well as list the public addresses for cards that are concerned by it.
Activity: 49
Merit: 3
this looks great Yogg! Looking forward to getting ABS Keys supported Wink
copper member
Activity: 1848
Merit: 254
Thank you everybody for your kind words. Smiley
This motivates us even further to come up with solutions to increase the security & authenticity of Coldkeys.
Hopefully someday, Coldkeys will be considered as a very safe and serious way to securily store crypto outside of an electronic device.

AuthKeys are a great way to prove the authenticity of Coldkeys.
However, if an AuthKey leaks, a malicious person could massively reproduce one card in particular, and those would be valid in the Authentication tool.
Also, it is a bit of a constraint put on people holding Coldkeys if we ask them to be careful with the AuthKey.
We want you to be freely able to take pictures and share them with everyone, so an extra security step was indeed necessary.

Here is our latest improvement, let me introduce the UV AuthKey :

Other than that, everything is going by the schedule. Smiley
The shipping of the Genesis Edition Coldkeys is planned to start in approximatively a month.
I will get in touch at beginning of June with everyone who made a reservation, so we can confirm if you want Regular or Anon cards. Smiley

Stay tuned ! A lot of things are about to happen. Wink
Thank you all very much for all your support !! Coldkeys would have never seen the light of day without the community as a source of inspiration ! Smiley

As always, great job Yogg!

Thanks for the update. Can't wait to receive them Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 3238
The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.
Great idea on security Yogg! Waiting with eagerness for these cards!

legendary
Thank you everybody for your kind words. Smiley
This motivates us even further to come up with solutions to increase the security & authenticity of Coldkeys.
Hopefully someday, Coldkeys will be considered as a very safe and serious way to securily store crypto outside of an electronic device.

AuthKeys are a great way to prove the authenticity of Coldkeys.
However, if an AuthKey leaks, a malicious person could massively reproduce one card in particular, and those would be valid in the Authentication tool.
Also, it is a bit of a constraint put on people holding Coldkeys if we ask them to be careful with the AuthKey.
We want you to be able to freely take pictures and share them with everyone, so an extra security step was indeed necessary.

Here is our latest improvement, let me introduce the UV AuthKey :

Other than that, everything is going by the schedule. Smiley
The shipping of the Genesis Edition Coldkeys is planned to start in approximatively a month.
I will get in touch at beginning of June with everyone who made a reservation, so we can confirm if you want Regular or Anon cards. Smiley

Stay tuned ! A lot of things are about to happen. Wink
Thank you all very much for all your support !! Coldkeys would have never seen the light of day without the community as a source of inspiration ! Smiley
Activity: 1643
Merit: 683
LoyceV on the road. Or couch.
LoyceV summoned (and I can't delete this)

Needless to say: I like it!
legendary
Will there be a public address list of all cards available?

That is a very interesting question.
We would like to try something different that what was done in the past.

The run will be limited, but customers will have the choice between "anon" and regular wallets.
Be careful, unless explicitly asked to be "anon" for some of the serial numbers you order, the cold wallets will be regular ones by default.

All regular card addresses will be published and the list will signed by my primary BTC address.
Anon cards addresses will not be published, not registered in the AuthKey database and not kept by the company.
The card will still be authenticable, but the tool will not contain the card address. That is all.

These anon cards will come with the following distinctive marking :

The total run will be limited, but we have no idea as to how many regular and anon ones will be made !
Activity: 386
Merit: 78
[insert coin to continue]
Those cards really look awesome and handy. Great job!
I can barely imagine carrying around a metallic coin so this solution fits perfectly for everyday payments.

I'm looking forward to get one 1st edition card; hopefully i'm fast enough.  Roll Eyes

These are not made for everyday payments they are a collectable btc storage medium as are coins.  

Well they may be intended to be a storage only.

(Think out of the Box)
Who may stop me from exchanging such cards for goods & services?  Wink

Edit: But, tbh, if i am able to get one of the first cards, i am probably going to keep that one anyway.

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 12081
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
Thank you everyone for your kind words. Smiley
We've been working a lot on this project these last months. It's awesome to see such a great reaction !
Physicals really are one of the best ways to spread crypto around.

Looking very cool can already buy-order?

Thank you !
Unfortunately, not yet but keep an eye open. Smiley
We will probably announce and open pre-orders for our very first edition later in April.

Will be looking forward to it....
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 1406
I can barely imagine carrying around a metallic coin so this solution fits perfectly for everyday payments.

I'm looking forward to get one 1st edition card; hopefully i'm fast enough.  Roll Eyes

These are not made for everyday payments they are a collectable btc storage medium as are coins. 
Activity: 386
Merit: 78
[insert coin to continue]

I'm looking forward to get one 1st edition card; hopefully i'm fast enough.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 1406
Yogg I'll definately be on the lookout for these, always like some cool little loaded items coming on board.  Good luck with your project looking forward to it Smiley
legendary
Thank you everyone for the very warm welcome you did to Coldkeys  Smiley
I appreciate all your kind words ! It is very encouraging and really makes give my best to make this project a success.

Sometime tomorrow, we will be announcing our first release.
This serie will be limited, it will be fully functional and pretty cool cold storage wallet.
We will be open for pre-orders and first come, first served. Stay on the lookout if you want to pick your favorite serial number !
Even if it's a pre-order, we still have many cool things to show you Smiley

The shipping is planned for the 2nd half of June, however we may be able to ship earlier.
We are expecting to retrieve some crucial parts of what will be our finished product sometime at the end of May/early June.

During the month of May, we will keep developing. This is when our website will become available.
Our company is also working on legal notices with lawyers to make sure of the do's and dont's regarding compliance with regulatory bodies when being in the business of crypto.

After this first release has been completed, this is when we expect to start producing and selling loaded Coldkey cards.

I would like to thank you all for all your trust and your support. Smiley
Coldkeys would have probably never seen the light of day without you all.
Activity: 703
Merit: 1006
It was a pleasure to see them in person at Coinfest!

You did an amazing job!

Look how far you've come. I can't wait to see what is next!

-------

For the record, Yogg was involved in the 10 years of Bitcoin Ann note. He already has experience creating and loading keys.

Activity: 627
Merit: 208
Belgian based crypto-enthusiast
Damn looking great!  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1752
Top job yogg, they look great!
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1321
Bitcoin needs you!
Really cool product, with plenty of research, attention and ingenuity behind it. Congrats and can’t wait to see them being rolled out .
Activity: 765
Merit: 283
Gratz, looking realy nice !
copper member
Activity: 582
Merit: 1089
#GPGL
I too, can vouch for the quality of this product after meeting with Yogg. I witnessed him getting grilled relentlessly from a couple of chaps regarding the security measures and he took it all in his stride and calmy answered everything. The manufacture quality on these is impeccable as well.
Pages:
Jump to: