Author

Topic: [ANN]: cpuminer-opt v3.8.8.1, open source optimized multi-algo CPU miner - page 115. (Read 444040 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands
hey joblo can you add aes and avx support to bastion algorithm or did you checked for it? i know it is not widely used but.joincoin price is little bit high.so i think its worth to try.what do you think ?

It looks doable bu there are only 3 functions that have plugin optimizations, so limited gain. Is there a pool I can test on?

yes there is http://coinspool.cu.cc/
thanks joblo
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114
hey joblo can you add aes and avx support to bastion algorithm or did you checked for it? i know it is not widely used but.joincoin price is little bit high.so i think its worth to try.what do you think ?

It looks doable bu there are only 3 functions that have plugin optimizations, so limited gain. Is there a pool I can test on?
legendary
Which algo ?

That was my first question. My second question is if the hashrate was from the miner or the pool. The miner
can report anything it wants.

Edit: third question, how much difference?

Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
CryptoLearner

Much better.

It seems the m4 directory gets deleted by git. I've tried to fix it a few times. Not sure what it's for it always seems to be empty.
You can manually create it or download the source tarball.

Is that M4 folder supposed to be an empty one ? if i remember correctly githut remove empty folder when you publish a release, if you want it to be kept create a dummy file in it like ".something", it should keep the folder when you publish.

I also had a question for fellow miners or dev, any of your noticed the difference in hashrate between cpuminer-opt and the minergate miner ? i seems to achieve 10% more hash on the minergate miner with the same settings (i tested on both minergate pool and random pool), i've been banging my head as to why, but i can't find a reason, is their miner this much better ? i find it odd seeing as how this miner is already very good.

If someone got an idea, im out of them...
Activity: 462
Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands
legendary
I have problem to compile miner on ubuntu 16.10. Any info about fixing problem?

Yes, you're doing it wrong. If you want a better answer ask a better question.
Ok next round. Ubuntu installs all dependencies, clone opt repo and after build command for a while everything is fine but finish is with many errors.
first error is with no m4 folder
make[2]: Leaving directory '/root/cpuminer-opt'
Makefile:3478: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/root/cpuminer-opt'
Makefile:670: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
strip: 'cpuminer': No such file
Anyone able to help me?

Much better.

It seems the m4 directory gets deleted by git. I've tried to fix it a few times. Not sure what it's for it always seems to be empty.
You can manually create it or download the source tarball.
Activity: 1419
Merit: 275
Community built, Privacy driven

Ok next round. Ubuntu installs all dependencies, clone opt repo and after build command for a while everything is fine but finish is with many errors.
first error is with no m4 folder
make[2]: Leaving directory '/root/cpuminer-opt'
Makefile:3478: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/root/cpuminer-opt'
Makefile:670: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
strip: 'cpuminer': No such file
Anyone able to help me?
legendary

Activity: 83
Merit: 10
If anyone in this thread is interested, I'm hosting those at https://hmage.net/cpuminer-opt/ — the link is permanent.

nice repository there ...

that should be very helpful ...

is that windows compile AND source for each version? ...

#crysx

That's only source code there.
Activity: 1419
Merit: 275
Community built, Privacy driven
Activity: 364
Merit: 260
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
I do the same with all my downloads, disk space is cheap.

That makes it a lot easier for me. I can dig out some of the older ones if the're needed.

Wasn't paying attention to the project for some time, so missed a big amount of the releases. And old links posted here are no longer working.

I'd like the older ones, and looks like th3.root doesn't have 3.4.5 version in his archive.

Do you maybe have a single archive of all of the versions?

Would be very grateful ^.^
If memory serves me well 3.4.5 was full with errors in compilation...
It wasn't possible to make a binary to any of my systems, so maybe I deleted it.

EDIT: Found it on my laptop. Sent.

Thanks!

If anyone in this thread is interested, I'm hosting those at https://hmage.net/cpuminer-opt/ — the link is permanent.

nice repository there ...

that should be very helpful ...

is that windows compile AND source for each version? ...

#crysx

That makes it a lot easier for me. I can dig out some of the older ones if the're needed.

Wasn't paying attention to the project for some time, so missed a big amount of the releases. And old links posted here are no longer working.

I'd like the older ones, and looks like th3.root doesn't have 3.4.5 version in his archive.

It wasn't possible to make a binary to any of my systems, so maybe I deleted it.

Thanks!

Activity: 312

legendary
Hey joblo, do you keep archive of previous versions anywhere? I'm doing research on incremental benchmarks between versions for archival purposes.

Would be grateful if you could give access to previous .tar.gz releases all the way back to the first one.

Thanks in advance.

I may be able to help with that.
I keep tar's from version cpuminer-opt-3.1.7 till latest cpuminer-opt-3.5.0.

Write a PM if you want them.

Thanks! Sent the PM.

Hey joblo, do you keep archive of previous versions anywhere? I'm doing research on incremental benchmarks between versions for archival purposes.

Would be grateful if you could give access to previous .tar.gz releases all the way back to the first one.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks! Sent the PM.
Activity: 312

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
CryptoLearner

-std=gnu++11 is mentioned in the compile instructions. Check RELEASE_NOTES to see if you are missing something else.
Your latest errors make no sense, it's reporting undefined reference to a symbol that's defined in the same source file.

Will check, thanks for your help.

edit : seem like i was missing yasm that was mentionned in the link of the release note, after a clean build i was able to compile.
Jump to: