Author

Topic: [ANN]: cpuminer-opt v3.8.8.1, open source optimized multi-algo CPU miner - page 151. (Read 444040 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
yes its "more than a dozen *different* ips", same ip but different miner should not get blocked

i used the precompiled bin for hodlminer posted in the hodl ann thread, but the optimizations should be the same for your miner, wil lswitch to yours once cmb compiled them, i like yours better (though github would be really great to get latest sources on linux easily) Cheesy

i use the A6 machine for media purposes (thats why apu), mainly all my cpu miners are running on normal computers built for something else but while idle are mining for fun
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114
it works for me, but i had a similar problem when i pointed multiple miners to nicehash, asked support, they block your address if more then a dozen ip's connect to their service for this address
if thats the case, use multiple addresses for each location

Seems a little harsh, they should only block multiple IPs using the same BTC addr simultaneously. If all miners have
the same IP it's a farm not a botnet.
Activity: 589
Merit: 507
I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.
it works for me, but i had a similar problem when i pointed multiple miners to nicehash, asked support, they block your address if more then a dozen ip's connect to their service for this address

Yes you are absolutely right, I figured that they probably block IPs. I think I will try to install a stratum proxy on a clear IP, then all my nodes will connect to the proxy and only the proxy will make one single connection to Nicehash.

Btw if anyone is interested, here I made a simple one-liner to test all Nicehash's ports on all their IPs (requires netcat => apt-get install netcat):

Code:
for port in $(seq 3333 3354); do echo "port $port"; for ip in 37.58.117.214 159.8.42.123 159.253.151.98 198.11.195.136 192.155.218.242 119.81.240.198 161.202.120.197; do echo -n " $ip: "; result=$(echo '{"id": 1, "method": "mining.subscribe", "params": ["cpuminer-multi/1.3-dev"]}' | nc -w 2 $ip $port); [ -n "$result" ] && echo $result || echo "no response"; done; echo; done

Nicehash is the only one I found where I can mine Lyra2RE, it seems to be way most profitable CPU algo. I mine ether on GPUs and Lyra2RE on CPUs. I guess everybody else is just leaving all their CPUs idle when they mine with GPUs  Huh Mining Lyra2RE makes 20-25% additional profit on my machines.
legendary
@joblo just ran the test for windows:

- i5-3330 from ~60-70 to ~210
- A6-6400K from ~40 to ~60

amd overall not that impressive Cheesy

Did you compile yourself? I haven't seen CMB post their bins yet.

The A6 is not a real CPU, kinda like Celerons. Since they are new you would think they have all the
technology but they don't. They have some new tech, but not all so it's difficult to find an optimum
pre-compiled build.

Some AMD users that have compiled their own have found better performance by specifying the -march
directly instead of -march=native.

On a tangent I'm curious about the mining performance of the A6's IGPU. The CPU alone is weak but CPU+IGPU
might make up for it.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
kinda botnet detector
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
32 bit support is requested by botnet guys in general Wink i suggest you dont waste you time with that :p will just create more antivirus definitions...

Which is funny, because they don't even do it properly - they just run the cpuminer 32-bit always. Slightly less brain-dead ones might deploy different ones to different machines - and if not under Win 10 (which is x64 only, right),  somebody with class might use Heaven's Gate to execute only the hash in 64-bit mode, and the rest being 32-bit (dynamic dispatching to either 32-bit or 64-bit as necessary, except in the case of Win 10 bots, which would be x64.)

EDIT: Oops, that *may* need care on Win 8.1 Update 3, either. Dat runtime detection.
@joblo just ran the test for windows:

- i5-3330 from ~60-70 to ~210
- A6-6400K from ~40 to ~60

amd overall not that impressive Cheesy
Activity: 589
Merit: 507
I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.
Coincidentally Nicehash's Lyra2RE stopped working for me since the weekend, I am getting "stratum_recv_line failed" from all 4 (usa,eu,hk,jp) of their servers. Can anybody please check it because I am going crazy:

cpuminer -a lyra2re -o stratum+tcp://lyra2re.usa.nicehash.com:3342
legendary
Maybe it's the new Vertcoin classic and the monacoin classic? (Old fork's brought back to life?)

Interesting speculation but I find no evidence of it.
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
Maybe it's the new Vertcoin classic and the monacoin classic? (Old fork's brought back to life?)
Activity: 311
Merit: 10
Its monacoin (well, thats what I think)
legendary
there always is VertCoin (VTC) using Lyra2re, might be that?

VTC and all the others converted to Lyra2REv2. CTO seems to still use Lyra2RE but appears to have been abandoned
by its devs. I wonder what all those orders at Nicehash are about.
there always is VertCoin (VTC) using Lyra2re, might be that?
Activity: 2366
Merit: 305
Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week
Do you think is possible to make Lyra2RE to mine on AVX2? That will compete with the newest Nvidia cards.

Anything is possible but it would take a complete redesign of the miner engine and every algorithm to be able to process
multiple streams per thread to achieve parallelism. Each CPU thread would process multiple streams in parallel
instead of just one. Hodl was unique in that it lends itself to parallel processing within a single thread so it didn't
require a major design change.

The effort required would outweigh any benefits.

BTW, do you know which coin uses Lyra2RE?

There is Crypto [CTO], but Nice Hash seems to mine something else that have a different block number and higher difficulty. The other day their GUI was showing me 90 cents at .730 MH/s, today shows 41 cents.
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
Please direct me to somewhere else if this has already been answered.

I have a 32 core machine and I only want to use 16, easy enough -t 16.
But that loads up 1 processor and it runs hot, I would prefer to use half of the cores on each processor, every other would be perfect.

In comes the --cpu-affinity, which I cannot figure out.
I tried:
  --cpu-affinity 2863311530 and it seems to ignore it.
  --cpu-affinity and no -t but it just used all cores.
  --cpu-affinity AAAAAAAA and everything was moved to processor 2 (At least it did something)

I am probably just being a stupid human!

legendary
Do you think is possible to make Lyra2RE to mine on AVX2? That will compete with the newest Nvidia cards.

Anything is possible but it would take a complete redesign of the miner engine and every algorithm to be able to process
multiple streams per thread to achieve parallelism. Each CPU thread would process multiple streams in parallel
instead of just one. Hodl was unique in that it lends itself to parallel processing within a single thread so it didn't
require a major design change.

The effort required would outweigh any benefits.

BTW, do you know which coin uses Lyra2RE?
Activity: 2366
Merit: 305
Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week
legendary
@joblo hodl improvements on amd:

- A10-6800K from ~60-70 to ~105
- FX-8320E from ~90-100 to ~195

intel:

- Xeon E3-1265Lv2 from ~120 to ~250

to come (Windows):

- A6-6400K
- i5-3330

br

Thanks for testing. It's good to have confirmation it works on other architectures.
Jump to: