Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]: cpuminer-opt v3.8.8.1, open source optimized multi-algo CPU miner - page 22. (Read 444040 times)

Activity: 473
Merit: 18
Hi joblo,
thx for this. It seems there is a bug in the Code Smiley

Freshly downloaded the sources on another machine and gone through configure.ac
My version shows as follows, which explains the problem we got. (I manually edited and corrected it, and it works fine now)
Another thing is that I have to install libgmpv4-dev to meet another requirement, but after that cpuminer binary got compiled fine Cheesy

if test "x$OS" = "xWindows_NT" ; then
   # MinGW
   AC_CHECK_LIB([pthread], [pthread_create], PTHREAD_LIBS="-lpthreadGC2",[])
else
fi

Where did you get the source code? That's not what's on my github.

this is how it looks after running "winbuild-cross.sh"

revert the file to original for "linux mode"
"git checkout -- configure.ac"
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114
Hi joblo,

My version shows as follows, which explains the problem we got. (I manually edited and corrected it, and it works fine now)
Another thing is that I have to install libgmpv4-dev to meet another requirement, but after that cpuminer binary got compiled fine Cheesy

# MinGW
else
fi

Where did you get the source code? That's not what's on my github.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
   # MinGW
else
   AC_CHECK_LIB([pthread], [pthread_create], PTHREAD_LIBS="-lpthread",[])
fi

Hi joblo,

# MinGW
else
fi

Activity: 33
Try them and see? Anything unsupported won't run and you could do a quick benchmark on the rest.

I tried each of the programs and none crashed - which is good. Next question is how to do a benchmark.

--benchmark parameter
.exe --benchmark -a cryptonight
Activity: 56
does this support the primcoin/datacoin algo?

I cant seem to find it.
Activity: 11
Try them and see? Anything unsupported won't run and you could do a quick benchmark on the rest.

I tried each of the programs and none crashed - which is good. Next question is how to do a benchmark.
legendary
Try them and see? Anything unsopported won't run and you could do a quick benchmark on the the rest.

That's always a good fallback if you're completely lost. If README.txt isn't clear enough let me know.
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
Try them and see? Anything unsopported won't run and you could do a quick benchmark on the the rest.
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
I hope I'm not repeating, but I'm not sure which miner to run. My CPU supports these instruction sets:

MMX(+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, SSE4A, x86-64, AMD-V, AES, AVX, AVX2, FMA3, SHA

Running on a Threadripper 1900X

THAT IS A GOOD QUESTION--

After several pages of interesting bug catches, update notes, code reports, and technical data, I have lost track.  Most of my CPUs are slightly dated, and are still running v3.7.2.  Perhaps I should update and re-standardize on a newer version.       --scryptr
I hope I'm not repeating, but I'm not sure which miner to run. My CPU supports these instruction sets:

MMX(+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, SSE4A, x86-64, AMD-V, AES, AVX, AVX2, FMA3, SHA

Running on a Threadripper 1900X
legendary
Hi.

Got the same problem as "Dead Things", but on an 2x Intel Xeon E5645 using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
On systems with AVX I am using the precompiled linux version, but it is not possible to use this one on systems without AVX.

Tried to compile, and ran into the same problems.

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpthreadGC2
What precompiled Linux version? It didn't come from me.

I built a Mint 17 (Ubuntu 16.04) system a week ago and have no problems compiling. I have no idea what's going wrong
for you and Dead Things. It should only try to link pthreadGC2 when compiling using mingw for Windows.
That's how I build the Windows binaries but when doing a normal build it links pthread as it should. The CPU shouldn't have
any effect on this, it's the build environment. Something is making it believe it's compiling for Windows.
Here is the code in configure.ac that controls it, it seems pretty clear:

Code:
   # MinGW
else
   AC_CHECK_LIB([pthread], [pthread_create], PTHREAD_LIBS="-lpthread",[])
fi
Activity: 35
Hi.

Got the same problem as "Dead Things", but on an 2x Intel Xeon E5645 using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
On systems with AVX I am using the precompiled linux version, but it is not possible to use this one on systems without AVX.

Tried to compile, and ran into the same problems.

mv -f asm/.deps/cpuminer-aesb-x64.Tpo asm/.deps/cpuminer-aesb-x64.Po
mv -f asm/.deps/cpuminer-scrypt-x64.Tpo asm/.deps/cpuminer-scrypt-x64.Po
mv -f algo/yescrypt/.deps/cpuminer-sha256_Y.Tpo algo/yescrypt/.deps/cpuminer-sha256_Y.Po
mv -f algo/yescrypt/.deps/cpuminer-yescrypt-simd.Tpo algo/yescrypt/.deps/cpuminer-yescrypt-simd.Po
g++  -g -O2 -L/root/usr/lib -Lyes/lib  -L/root/usr/lib -Lyes/lib  -o cpuminer cpuminer-cpu-miner.o cpuminer-util.o cpuminer-uint256.o cpuminer-api.o cpuminer-sysinfos.o cpuminer-algo-gate-api.o crypto/cpuminer-oaes_lib.o crypto/cpuminer-c_keccak.o crypto/cpuminer-c_groestl.o crypto/cpuminer-c_blake256.o crypto/cpuminer-c_jh.o crypto/cpuminer-c_skein.o crypto/cpuminer-hash.o crypto/cpuminer-aesb.o crypto/cpuminer-magimath.o algo/argon2d/argon2d/cpuminer-opt.o algo/argon2d/argon2d/cpuminer-core.o algo/argon2d/argon2d/cpuminer-encoding.o algo/argon2d/argon2d/cpuminer-thread.o algo/argon2d/blake2/cpuminer-blake2b.o algo/argon2d/cpuminer-argon2d-crds-gate.o algo/argon2d/cpuminer-argon2d-dyn-gate.o algo/argon2d/argon2d/cpuminer-argon2.o algo/blake/cpuminer-sph_blake.o algo/blake/cpuminer-blake-hash-4way.o algo/blake/cpuminer-blake-gate.o algo/blake/cpuminer-blake.o algo/blake/cpuminer-blake-4way.o algo/blake/cpuminer-sph_blake2b.o algo/blake/cpuminer-blake2b.o algo/blake/cpuminer-sph-blake2s.o algo/blake/cpuminer-blake2s.o algo/blake/cpuminer-blakecoin-gate.o algo/blake/cpuminer-mod_blakecoin.o algo/blake/cpuminer-blakecoin.o algo/blake/cpuminer-blakecoin-4way.o algo/blake/cpuminer-decred-gate.o algo/blake/cpuminer-decred.o algo/blake/cpuminer-decred-4way.o algo/blake/cpuminer-pentablake-gate.o algo/blake/cpuminer-pentablake-4way.o algo/blake/cpuminer-pentablake.o algo/bmw/cpuminer-sph_bmw.o algo/bmw/cpuminer-bmw-hash-4way.o algo/bmw/cpuminer-bmw256.o algo/cryptonight/cpuminer-cryptolight.o algo/cryptonight/cpuminer-cryptonight-common.o algo/cryptonight/cpuminer-cryptonight-aesni.o algo/cryptonight/cpuminer-cryptonight.o algo/cubehash/cpuminer-sph_cubehash.o algo/cubehash/sse2/cpuminer-cubehash_sse2.o algo/echo/cpuminer-sph_echo.o algo/echo/aes_ni/cpuminer-hash.o algo/gost/cpuminer-sph_gost.o algo/groestl/cpuminer-sph_groestl.o algo/groestl/cpuminer-groestl.o algo/groestl/cpuminer-myrgr-gate.o algo/groestl/cpuminer-myrgr-4way.o algo/groestl/cpuminer-myr-groestl.o algo/groestl/aes_ni/cpuminer-hash-groestl.o algo/groestl/aes_ni/cpuminer-hash-groestl256.o algo/fugue/cpuminer-sph_fugue.o algo/hamsi/cpuminer-sph_hamsi.o algo/hamsi/cpuminer-hamsi-hash-4way.o algo/haval/cpuminer-haval.o algo/haval/cpuminer-haval-hash-4way.o algo/heavy/cpuminer-sph_hefty1.o algo/heavy/cpuminer-heavy.o algo/heavy/cpuminer-bastion.o algo/hodl/cpuminer-aes.o algo/hodl/cpuminer-hodl-gate.o algo/hodl/cpuminer-hodl-wolf.o algo/hodl/cpuminer-sha512_avx.o algo/hodl/cpuminer-sha512_avx2.o algo/jh/cpuminer-sph_jh.o algo/jh/cpuminer-jh-hash-4way.o algo/jh/cpuminer-jha-gate.o algo/jh/cpuminer-jha-4way.o algo/jh/cpuminer-jha.o algo/keccak/cpuminer-sph_keccak.o algo/keccak/cpuminer-keccak.o algo/keccak/cpuminer-keccak-hash-4way.o algo/keccak/cpuminer-keccak-4way.o algo/keccak/cpuminer-keccak-gate.o algo/keccak/sse2/cpuminer-keccak.o algo/luffa/cpuminer-sph_luffa.o algo/luffa/cpuminer-luffa.o algo/luffa/cpuminer-luffa_for_sse2.o algo/luffa/cpuminer-luffa-hash-2way.o algo/lyra2/cpuminer-lyra2.o algo/lyra2/cpuminer-sponge.o algo/lyra2/cpuminer-lyra2rev2-gate.o algo/lyra2/cpuminer-lyra2rev2.o algo/lyra2/cpuminer-lyra2rev2-4way.o algo/lyra2/cpuminer-lyra2re.o algo/lyra2/cpuminer-lyra2z-gate.o algo/lyra2/cpuminer-lyra2z.o algo/lyra2/cpuminer-lyra2z-4way.o algo/lyra2/cpuminer-lyra2z330.o algo/lyra2/cpuminer-lyra2h-gate.o algo/lyra2/cpuminer-lyra2h.o algo/lyra2/cpuminer-lyra2h-4way.o algo/lyra2/cpuminer-allium-gate.o algo/lyra2/cpuminer-allium-4way.o algo/lyra2/cpuminer-allium.o algo/cpuminer-m7m.o algo/neoscrypt/cpuminer-neoscrypt.o algo/nist5/cpuminer-nist5-gate.o algo/nist5/cpuminer-nist5-4way.o algo/nist5/cpuminer-nist5.o algo/nist5/cpuminer-zr5.o algo/cpuminer-pluck.o algo/quark/cpuminer-quark-gate.o algo/quark/cpuminer-quark.o algo/quark/cpuminer-quark-4way.o algo/quark/cpuminer-anime-gate.o algo/quark/cpuminer-anime.o algo/quark/cpuminer-anime-4way.o algo/qubit/cpuminer-qubit-gate.o algo/qubit/cpuminer-qubit.o algo/qubit/cpuminer-qubit-2way.o algo/qubit/cpuminer-deep-gate.o algo/qubit/cpuminer-deep-2way.o algo/qubit/cpuminer-deep.o algo/ripemd/cpuminer-sph_ripemd.o algo/ripemd/cpuminer-ripemd-hash-4way.o algo/ripemd/cpuminer-lbry-gate.o algo/ripemd/cpuminer-lbry.o algo/ripemd/cpuminer-lbry-4way.o algo/cpuminer-scrypt.o algo/scryptjane/cpuminer-scrypt-jane.o algo/sha/cpuminer-sph_sha2.o algo/sha/cpuminer-sph_sha2big.o algo/sha/cpuminer-sha2-hash-4way.o algo/sha/cpuminer-sha2.o algo/sha/cpuminer-sha256t.o algo/shabal/cpuminer-sph_shabal.o algo/shabal/cpuminer-shabal-hash-4way.o algo/shavite/cpuminer-sph_shavite.o algo/shavite/cpuminer-sph-shavite-aesni.o algo/shavite/cpuminer-shavite.o algo/simd/cpuminer-sph_simd.o algo/simd/cpuminer-nist.o algo/simd/cpuminer-vector.o algo/simd/cpuminer-simd-hash-2way.o algo/skein/cpuminer-sph_skein.o algo/skein/cpuminer-skein-hash-4way.o algo/skein/cpuminer-skein.o algo/skein/cpuminer-skein-4way.o algo/skein/cpuminer-skein-gate.o algo/skein/cpuminer-skein2.o algo/skein/cpuminer-skein2-4way.o algo/skein/cpuminer-skein2-gate.o algo/sm3/cpuminer-sm3.o algo/sm3/cpuminer-sm3-hash-4way.o algo/tiger/cpuminer-sph_tiger.o algo/whirlpool/cpuminer-sph_whirlpool.o algo/whirlpool/cpuminer-whirlpool-hash-4way.o algo/whirlpool/cpuminer-whirlpool-gate.o algo/whirlpool/cpuminer-whirlpool-4way.o algo/whirlpool/cpuminer-whirlpool.o algo/whirlpool/cpuminer-whirlpoolx.o algo/x11/cpuminer-x11-gate.o algo/x11/cpuminer-x11.o algo/x11/cpuminer-x11-4way.o algo/x11/cpuminer-x11gost-gate.o algo/x11/cpuminer-x11gost.o algo/x11/cpuminer-x11gost-4way.o algo/x11/cpuminer-c11-gate.o algo/x11/cpuminer-c11.o algo/x11/cpuminer-c11-4way.o algo/x11/cpuminer-tribus-gate.o algo/x11/cpuminer-tribus.o algo/x11/cpuminer-tribus-4way.o algo/x11/cpuminer-timetravel-gate.o algo/x11/cpuminer-timetravel.o algo/x11/cpuminer-timetravel-4way.o algo/x11/cpuminer-timetravel10-gate.o algo/x11/cpuminer-timetravel10.o algo/x11/cpuminer-timetravel10-4way.o algo/x11/cpuminer-fresh.o algo/x11/cpuminer-x11evo.o algo/x11/cpuminer-x11evo-4way.o algo/x11/cpuminer-x11evo-gate.o algo/x12/cpuminer-x12-gate.o algo/x12/cpuminer-x12.o algo/x12/cpuminer-x12-4way.o algo/x13/cpuminer-x13-gate.o algo/x13/cpuminer-x13.o algo/x13/cpuminer-x13-4way.o algo/x13/cpuminer-x13sm3-gate.o algo/x13/cpuminer-x13sm3.o algo/x13/cpuminer-x13sm3-4way.o algo/x13/cpuminer-phi1612-gate.o algo/x13/cpuminer-phi1612.o algo/x13/cpuminer-phi1612-4way.o algo/x13/cpuminer-skunk-gate.o algo/x13/cpuminer-skunk-4way.o algo/x13/cpuminer-skunk.o algo/x13/cpuminer-drop.o algo/x14/cpuminer-x14-gate.o algo/x14/cpuminer-x14.o algo/x14/cpuminer-x14-4way.o algo/x14/cpuminer-veltor-gate.o algo/x14/cpuminer-veltor.o algo/x14/cpuminer-veltor-4way.o algo/x14/cpuminer-polytimos-gate.o algo/x14/cpuminer-polytimos.o algo/x14/cpuminer-polytimos-4way.o algo/x14/cpuminer-axiom.o algo/x15/cpuminer-x15-gate.o algo/x15/cpuminer-x15.o algo/x15/cpuminer-x15-4way.o algo/x17/cpuminer-x17-gate.o algo/x17/cpuminer-x17.o algo/x17/cpuminer-x17-4way.o algo/x17/cpuminer-xevan-gate.o algo/x17/cpuminer-xevan.o algo/x17/cpuminer-xevan-4way.o algo/x17/cpuminer-x16r-gate.o algo/x17/cpuminer-x16r.o algo/x17/cpuminer-x16r-4way.o algo/x17/cpuminer-hmq1725.o algo/yescrypt/cpuminer-yescrypt.o algo/yescrypt/cpuminer-sha256_Y.o algo/yescrypt/cpuminer-yescrypt-simd.o asm/cpuminer-neoscrypt_asm.o  asm/cpuminer-sha2-x64.o asm/cpuminer-scrypt-x64.o asm/cpuminer-aesb-x64.o   -lcurl -lz -lssl -lcrypto -ljansson -lpthreadGC2  -lssl -lcrypto -lgmp
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:1776: die Regel für Ziel „cpuminer“ scheiterte
make[2]: *** [cpuminer] Fehler 1
make[2]: Verzeichnis „/tmp/cpuminer-argon2d“ wird verlassen
Makefile:5472: die Regel für Ziel „all-recursive“ scheiterte
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[1]: Verzeichnis „/tmp/cpuminer-argon2d“ wird verlassen
Makefile:876: die Regel für Ziel „all“ scheiterte
make: *** [all] Fehler 2
strip: ‚cpuminer‛: Keine solche Datei

I read the last posts in this thread to find help, but found "Dead Things" who has the same issue :=)
legendary
Attention users of Debian 8 Jessie.

Two users have reported that cpuminer-opt no longer compiles under Debian 8 as of v3.8.1. A code change
in that version introduced a SIMD instrinsic function that is not recognized by the Debain 8 compiler although
it is valid for the CPU architecture. It compiles successfully in Debian 9.

Debian 8 users are encouraged to upgrade to Debian 9 to take advantage of new optimizations avaiable in
the latest release of cpuminer-opt.

Further information:

https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt/issues/105
https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt/issues/84
Activity: 3
Hi, I use cpuminer-opt-3.8.3.3-windows with cpu e5 2680(win server 2k12 R2) for yescryptr16 . But speed is slower when set -t is higher. for example -t 1 (144h / core), -t 4 (84h / core) -t 10(36h / core), who can help me ?
With -t 4
[2018-03-03 18:55:49] CPU #0: 438 H, 84.69 H/s
[2018-03-03 18:55:49] CPU #3: 438 H, 84.69 H/s
with -t 10
[2018-03-03 18:59:03] CPU #6: 1101 H, 36.10 H/s
[2018-03-03 18:59:03] CPU #7: 1101 H, 36.10 H/s
[2018-03-03 18:59:03] CPU #3: 1112 H, 36.46 H/s
[2018-03-03 18:59:03] CPU #4: 1102 H, 36.13 H/s
[2018-03-03 18:59:03] CPU #8: 1102 H, 36.13 H/s
[2018-03-03 18:59:03] CPU #1: 1101 H, 36.10 H/s
[2018-03-03 18:59:03] CPU #9: 1101 H, 36.10 H/s
[2018-03-03 18:59:03] CPU #5: 1102 H, 36.13 H/s
[2018-03-03 18:59:03] CPU #0: 1101 H, 36.10 H/s
[2018-03-03 18:59:03] CPU #2: 1110 H, 36.39 H/s

Thanks
Activity: 423
Have you tried using ./build.sh? It's always best to use the recommended procedure first,
at least before reporting problems.

Unless you're using the legacy version (and you shouldn't with that CPU) you don't need CXXFLAGS.

As for the errors, pthreadGC2 is linked for Windows cross compile, I don't know why it's trying to
link it here. No one else has reported that problem and a lot of people use Ubuntu 16.04.
It should be just pthread.

Edit: I should note I didn't have to install anything special on Mint 18 (Ubuntu 16.04) for pthread.

Yes - sorry, I should have mentioned that I tried build.sh first and it results in the same error, hence the attempt to take it step by step. I might try giving the drive another clean wipe and fresh install and try again then. Thanks for your reply!
legendary
How to use CPU mining XMR in MiningPoolHub ?

First time of me T T

There should be instructions at the pool. Most versions of cpuminer use the same syntax, you can always
try --help.  You should also read README.txt to determine the best exe for your CPU.
legendary
Any insights for how to resolve this compile error:

Code:

This is a 4P Opteron 6278 box running Ubuntu 16.04.

Did do:

Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential libssl-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libjansson-dev libgmp-dev automake
sudo ./autogen.sh
sudo CFLAGS="-O3 -march=native -Wall" CXXFLAGS="$CFLAGS -std=gnu++11" ./configure --with-curl
make

Even tried:

Code:
sudo apt-get install libevent-pthreads-2.0-5
sudo apt-get install libpthread-stubs0-dev

...to no avail. Any insight or assistance would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!

Have you tried using ./build.sh? It's always best to use the recommended procedure first,
at least before reporting problems.

Unless you're using the legacy version (and you shouldn't with that CPU) you don't need CXXFLAGS.

As for the errors, pthreadGC2 is linked for Windows cross compile, I don't know why it's trying to
link it here. No one else has reported that problem and a lot of people use Ubuntu 16.04.
It should be just pthread.

Edit: I should note I didn't have to install anything special on Mint 18 (Ubuntu 16.04) for pthread.
How to use CPU mining XMR in MiningPoolHub ?

First time of me T T
Activity: 423
Any insights for how to resolve this compile error:

Code:

This is a 4P Opteron 6278 box running Ubuntu 16.04.

Did do:

Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential libssl-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libjansson-dev libgmp-dev automake
sudo ./autogen.sh
sudo CFLAGS="-O3 -march=native -Wall" CXXFLAGS="$CFLAGS -std=gnu++11" ./configure --with-curl
make

Even tried:

Code:
sudo apt-get install libevent-pthreads-2.0-5
sudo apt-get install libpthread-stubs0-dev

...to no avail. Any insight or assistance would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!
Activity: 67
No any criminal. This is prepaid deducted server in internet. Even with root access I can not compile due to old centos version
Pages:
Jump to: