Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]: cpuminer-opt v3.8.8.1, open source optimized multi-algo CPU miner - page 29. (Read 444040 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114
I keep running into this issue when I try to run cpuminer.. anyone have any ideas?
Code:
        **********  cpuminer-opt 3.8.1.1  ***********
     A CPU miner with multi algo support and optimized for CPUs
     with AES_NI and AVX2 and SHA extensions.
     BTC donation address: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT

CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz.
SW built on Feb 11 2018 with GCC 5.4.0.
CPU features: SSE2 AVX AVX2.
SW features: SSE2 AVX AVX2.
Algo features: SSE2 AES.
The SW build requires a CPU with AES and AVX2!

ooo maybe it's because this 2630 for some reason doesn't have AES? But according to specs it should: https://ark.intel.com/products/64593/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-2630-15M-Cache-2_30-GHz-7_20-GTs-Intel-QPI

Maybe AES is disabled in the BIOS. Xeons being server CPUs may have that capability to reduce power
in applications where encryption is not required. Just guessing.

Edit: regardless of why your CPU doesn't have AES, if you can't enable it, the only recourse is to compile
with -march=core2.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I keep running into this issue when I try to run cpuminer.. anyone have any ideas?

Code:

This is what I do to compile it..

Code:
apt-get update && apt-get -qy install \
 automake \
 build-essential \
 libcurl4-openssl-dev \
 libssl-dev \
 git \
 ca-certificates \
 libjansson-dev libgmp-dev g++ --no-install-recommends

./autogen.sh
CFLAGS="-O3 -march=native -Wall" CXXFLAGS="$CFLAGS -std=gnu++11"
./configure --with-curl
make

This was my run
Code:
./cpuminer -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://cryptonight.usa.nicehash.com:3355 -u .crypto-1

Any ideas on what's going wrong? I'm using this repo: https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt

ooo maybe it's because this 2630 for some reason doesn't have AES? But according to specs it should: https://ark.intel.com/products/64593/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-2630-15M-Cache-2_30-GHz-7_20-GTs-Intel-QPI

Code:

This is what I do to compile it..

Code:
apt-get update && apt-get -qy install \
 automake \
 build-essential \
 libcurl4-openssl-dev \
 libssl-dev \
 git \
 ca-certificates \
 libjansson-dev libgmp-dev g++ --no-install-recommends

./autogen.sh
CFLAGS="-O3 -march=native -Wall" CXXFLAGS="$CFLAGS -std=gnu++11"
./configure --with-curl
make

This was my run
Code:
./cpuminer -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://cryptonight.usa.nicehash.com:3355 -u .crypto-1

Any ideas on what's going wrong? I'm using this repo: https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
legendary
Just tried new 3.8.1.1 and it is working now, only neoscrypt not working. With 3.8.0.1 myriad-groestl speed is 10.95 mh/s, but with 3.8.1 and 3.8.1.1 it dropped to 7.65 mh/s. Using cpuminer-avx2-sha.exe with Ryzen 1800x, Win 8.1 64-bit. Thanks.

Benchmark or pool?

Edit: my testing shows myr-gr only produces rejects and neoscrypt works on a pool. (AVX2 Linux)
I don't care so much about benchmark so can you retest on a real pool to confirm?

You should also see more speed on those algos that crashed on 3.8.1.
Activity: 211
Merit: 6
Just tried new 3.8.1.1 and it is working now, only neoscrypt not working. With 3.8.0.1 myriad-groestl speed is 10.95 mh/s, but with 3.8.1 and 3.8.1.1 it dropped to 7.65 mh/s. Using cpuminer-avx2-sha.exe with Ryzen 1800x, Win 8.1 64-bit. Thanks.
legendary
And not a single one of you mentioned which operating system you are using. How 'bout it?

Sorry, I keep thinking this is only for Windows.  I forgot about the Linux folks.

Other than the OS, I thought my info was pretty thorough.

I was about to test the other algos, but didn't have the time.  I just went back to 3.8.0 for now.

As for your stumpedness, I'm no coder, but I do a lot of troubleshooting.  What has changed from 3.8.0.1 (if that's the last version that worked) and 3.8.1?

If a lot has, start from 3.8.0.1 code base and start adding things back from 3.8.1 until you can reproduce the issue.

With me it's the opposite, Windows is an after thought.

Well that was a strange one. I knew precisely where the problem was, a function call, so there weren't very many
possibilities so I just tried changing things. It turns out Windows doesn't like passing vector arguments by value.
After I changed the function to pass by reference it was fixed. That's not a problem if the arguments are passed in
registers but it is a problem if passed on the stack and the stack isn't aligned properly. The Windows stack is
apparently alligned to 16 bytes so I have to assume the arguments were passed on the stack. This is a hit or
miss issue because the stack may be aligned naturally at times. I don't know if I got lucky on Linux or if
Windows just sucks.
legendary
Activity: 677
Merit: 500
And not a single one of you mentioned which operating system you are using. How 'bout it?

Sorry, I keep thinking this is only for Windows.  I forgot about the Linux folks.

Other than the OS, I thought my info was pretty thorough.

I was about to test the other algos, but didn't have the time.  I just went back to 3.8.0 for now.

As for your stumpedness, I'm no coder, but I do a lot of troubleshooting.  What has changed from 3.8.0.1 (if that's the last version that worked) and 3.8.1?

If a lot has, start from 3.8.0.1 code base and start adding things back from 3.8.1 until you can reproduce the issue.
legendary
No quick fix for Windows crash problem in v3.8.1.

I've ruled out data alignment as the problem. the crash is occurring when calling a function.
There nothing special about the function, just a regular void function.

There are no compile warnings and it works fine on linux. I'm stuck at this point with no idea how
to proceed.

here's the code in question from algo/luffa/luffa-hash-2way.c

Code:
static void rnd512_2way( luffa_2way_context *state, __m256i msg1, __m256i msg0 )
{
    __m256i t[2];
    __m256i *chainv = state->chainv;
    __m256i tmp[2];
    __m256i x[8];

t[0] = chainv[0];
    t[1] = chainv[1];

[snip]

int luffa_2way_update_close( luffa_2way_context *state,
                 void *output, const void *data, size_t inlen )
{
// Optimized for integrals of 16 bytes, good for 64 and 80 byte len
    __m256i *vdata  = (__m256i*)data;
    int i;
    int blocks = (int)( inlen / 32 );
    state->rembytes = inlen % 32;

// full blocks
    for ( i = 0; i < blocks; i++, vdata+=2 )
       rnd512_2way( state, mm256_bswap_32( vdata[1] ),
                           mm256_bswap_32( vdata[0] ) );

It crashes when calling rnd512_2way. A printf as the first statement is never called.
I verified the alignment of vdata and that the function arguments could be evaluated.
The exception code is c0000005, a standard segfault. Given this occurred calling a function
it can be assumed it was a stack access that faulted but there was no report of stack smashing.
That's as far as I can take it, I can't find anything suspicious in the code.
legendary
I'm hesitant to bring this up with this Windows crash problem that has me stumped for now,
but there seems to be growing interest in Get Block Template (GBT) protocol for solo mining.

GBT code has existed in cpuminer-opt for some time but it is in an unknown state. I have never
tested it and few users have tried until now.

As usual it's difficult to get info from users but here is my understanding of the situation so far.

GBT was reported to work for hexxcoin using lyra2z330 but "it is sticky" whatever that means.
No other info was provided. Angry

An issue was opened reporting it does not work for hodl.
https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt/issues/77
This appears to be a GBT version issue and specific to hodl as hodl was not part of the initial
cpuminer-multi fork.

Another issue was opened reporting GBT doesn't work but no further info was provided,
not even the algo Angry

If you have tried GBT and it works please report which algos. Similarly, if it doesn't work
please report with console debug log. It would also be useful if you know of others miners
that do work for those algos and provide console debug logs of both for comparison.
legendary
i'm using win 8.1 64-bit, but i think it does not matter that much which version of windows. Thanks.

Thanks. I get frustrated when people ask for help and provide little data. It makes them look lazy,
makes more work for me and delays solving the problem.
i'm using win 8.1 64-bit, but i think it does not matter that much which version of windows. Thanks.
legendary

Windows 10 Smiley

ps. judging from "F:\Miners\CPU>", guytechie also uses windows

Thank you. That's important because I tested on Linux and it worked there. I now have a lead to the problem.
I suspect a data alignment problem as it has happened before with Windows and not Linux. I now know where
to look.

Edit: I've reproduced it but it's going to be a PITA to debug. I see no obvious alignment issues in the code so I have
to localize it by trial and error. It's cross compiled on a different machine on a different floor and I can't use gdb.
Activity: 473
Merit: 18

Windows 10 Smiley

ps. judging from "F:\Miners\CPU>", guytechie also uses windows
legendary
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
useful for mining RVN algo x16r, thanks dev
Same problems here. Using Awesome Miner with 3.8.0.1 and no problems. Updated to 3.8.1 and run benchmarks with Awesome Miner -> 10 benchmarks crashed (c11, neoscrypt, timetravel, all X, xevan). So, 5 min of testing was enought to see that this version is not working Smiley Back to 3.8.0.1.
Activity: 473
Merit: 18
With 3.8.1, trying to mine xevan it would start, but then exits without any errors.

I tried on different pools, and same behavior.

Code:
F:\Miners\CPU>cpuminer-avx2-sha.exe -a xevan -o stratum+tcp://xevan.mine.zpool.ca:3739 -u 1MkmBHDjonAFXui6JEx9ZmEemfMtUo9Cmu -p c=BTC

**********  cpuminer-opt 3.8.1  ***********

CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core Processor .
SW built on Feb  7 2018 with GCC 5.3.1.
CPU features: SSE2 AES AVX AVX2 SHA.
SW features: SSE2 AES AVX AVX2 SHA.
Algo features: SSE2 AES AVX AVX2.
Start mining with AES AVX2.

[2018-02-08 23:50:41] Starting Stratum on stratum+tcp://xevan.mine.zpool.ca:3739
[2018-02-08 23:50:41] 32 miner threads started, using 'xevan' algorithm.
[2018-02-08 23:50:41] Stratum difficulty set to 0.062
[2018-02-08 23:50:47] xevan block 223318, diff 39.822

F:\Miners\CPU>

This is also happening for bitcore.  I don't know what other algos this could be happening to since I didn't test it all.

I do know that yescrypt, m7m, cryptonight, and lyra2z is working fine though.

3.8.1 crashes also on x16r and x17. didnt test others yet
Activity: 677
Merit: 500
With 3.8.1, trying to mine xevan it would start, but then exits without any errors.

I tried on different pools, and same behavior.

Code:
F:\Miners\CPU>cpuminer-avx2-sha.exe -a xevan -o stratum+tcp://xevan.mine.zpool.ca:3739 -u 1MkmBHDjonAFXui6JEx9ZmEemfMtUo9Cmu -p c=BTC

**********  cpuminer-opt 3.8.1  ***********

CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core Processor .
SW built on Feb  7 2018 with GCC 5.3.1.
CPU features: SSE2 AES AVX AVX2 SHA.
SW features: SSE2 AES AVX AVX2 SHA.
Algo features: SSE2 AES AVX AVX2.
Start mining with AES AVX2.

[2018-02-08 23:50:41] Starting Stratum on stratum+tcp://xevan.mine.zpool.ca:3739
[2018-02-08 23:50:41] 32 miner threads started, using 'xevan' algorithm.
[2018-02-08 23:50:41] Stratum difficulty set to 0.062
[2018-02-08 23:50:47] xevan block 223318, diff 39.822

F:\Miners\CPU>

This is also happening for bitcore.  I don't know what other algos this could be happening to since I didn't test it all.

I do know that yescrypt, m7m, cryptonight, and lyra2z is working fine though.
Hi all,

what is the best config for "Xeon E5 5465v4" and "Xeon E5 2620v2"
Trying to mine verium, but hasrate is really slow (80H/s)

at the moment im running with:
virtual memory is 32000Gb and Large Page is enabled

Xeon E5 5465v4 --> -t 20  = 50H/s
Xeon E5 2620v2 --> -t 10  = 24H/s

Best regards
Pages:
Jump to: