Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]: cpuminer-opt v3.8.8.1, open source optimized multi-algo CPU miner - page 39. (Read 444040 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114
Hi.

I tried multiple times to use the API feature but I think I didn't get how it works.

I tried to open in Chrome http://127.0.0.1:4048 but I received "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE", same if I try http://127.0.0.1:4048/api
I also tried with telnet 127.0.0.1 4048 but I don't receive any response there as well.

I am using the release version for Windows x64 3.7.8

You need to enter a command in telnet to get anything, start with help.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hi.

I tried multiple times to use the API feature but I think I didn't get how it works.

I tried to open in Chrome http://127.0.0.1:4048 but I received "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE", same if I try http://127.0.0.1:4048/api
I also tried with telnet 127.0.0.1 4048 but I don't receive any response there as well.

I am using the release version for Windows x64 3.7.8
legendary

First use hex because it's easier to map the bits to cores. 255 = 0x00ff = 0b0000000011111111
Only 8 bits/cores for 16 threads?
My previous post showed how to run 14 miner threads leaving one core (2 threads) free.
Some users when mining 8 threads have reported better performance with affinity 0x5555.

Second, priority isn't very useful unless you're also running background tasks and want to
prioritize between them and mining.

i didn't see what a different using hexa or dec
im try 255, its running well

1700x yescryptr16
avx-sha around 1300khs (many reject)
4way-sha around 1200khs (many reject)
avx2 around 1100khs (many reject)
the reject appears after difficulty pool has changed

im not tested long day because have ram problem stability (3200mhz)

I didn't say there was a difference with hex, I said it's easier to understand. As an example
which cores are used with affinity= 43690?

If you think it's running well with 16 threads and affinity 255 then you don't understand,
That's only 8 cores for 16 threads meaning you have 8 cores idle and 8 cores with 2 threads each.

The rejects and the share flood are pool issues.
Activity: 312
Merit: 10
Hi Joblo! 3.7.8 avx-sha is better than ever!

Im mining m7m algo, but I mine with both GPUs and Ryzen. The 16thread mining are slowing down the GPUs mining.

How could I set CPU affinity for all threads but CPU0 (or threads 0 and 1)?

I searched for an option to do it, but I havent found nothing  Undecided

EDIT:'

I found it:
https://phempshall.github.io/cpuminer-affinity-setter/

works Cheesy

i wanna ask, for ryzen 7
do you use  --cpu-affinity 255 --cpu-priority 4? or --cpu-affinity 255 --cpu-priority 2
what's different?

First use hex because it's easier to map the bits to cores. 255 = 0x00ff = 0b0000000011111111
My previous post showed how to run 14 miner threads leaving one core (2 threads) free.
Some users when mining 8 threads have reported better performance with affinity 0x5555.

Second, priority isn't very useful unless you're also running background tasks and want to

i didn't see what a different using hexa or dec
im try 255, its running well

1700x yescryptr16
avx-sha around 1300khs (many reject)
4way-sha around 1200khs (many reject)
avx2 around 1100khs (many reject)
the reject appears after difficulty pool has changed

im not tested long day because have ram problem stability (3200mhz)

Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Cryptocurrency enthusiast
-t 14 --cpu-affinity 0xfffd should mine on logical cores 2 through 15 leaving cores 0 & 1 free.
But I'm not sure threads 0 & 1 are mapped to the same physical core. You might have to
play with the affinity mask to isolate 2 threads on the same physical core.
Other possibilities include 0xfefe (threads 0 & Cool and 0xffee (threads 0 & 4). I can't think of
any other way they could be mapped. Please let us know which one works.

For all: as well as using https://phempshall.github.io/cpuminer-affinity-setter/ you may use this affinity calculator: http://www.gatwick-fsg.org.uk/affinitymask.aspx

If you want to isolate virtual cores on physical cores, you may use (I do) this old tool: https://developer.amd.com/resources/articles-whitepapers/processor-and-core-enumeration-using-cpuid/

So, download coreenumcodesample.zip out there, unzip, create bat file to launch:

enum.exe -more
pause

You will get the info - which cores are physical, and which ones are virtual. This info is very useful for HT cpus.

Note: I have never tested it on AMD cpus, but works ok for skylake/kaby lake/haswell/ivy bridge/skylake-x/broadwell-ep.

joblo may attach these tools to the 1st post (in a smaller size i guess) so everybody could know.
legendary
Hi Dev,

Can you please let me know the steps to install cpuminer in centos 6 as I am getting error.

algo/m7m.c:369: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘mpz_clears’
make[2]: *** [algo/cpuminer-m7m.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
mv -f algo/.deps/cpuminer-lbry.Tpo algo/.deps/cpuminer-lbry.Po
mv -f .deps/cpuminer-util.Tpo .deps/cpuminer-util.Po
mv -f .deps/cpuminer-cpu-miner.Tpo .deps/cpuminer-cpu-miner.Po
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/cpuminer-opt'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/cpuminer-opt'
make: *** [all] Error 2
strip: 'cpuminer': No such file
[root@host cpuminer-opt]#

You didn't actually show the error but Centos6 is too old.
legendary
any suggestions?

Yes. Read a few posts back, it's been discussed.
Activity: 445
Merit: 100
Hi Dev,

Can you please let me know the steps to install cpuminer in centos 6 as I am getting error.

algo/m7m.c:369: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘mpz_clears’
make[2]: *** [algo/cpuminer-m7m.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
mv -f algo/.deps/cpuminer-lbry.Tpo algo/.deps/cpuminer-lbry.Po
mv -f .deps/cpuminer-util.Tpo .deps/cpuminer-util.Po
mv -f .deps/cpuminer-cpu-miner.Tpo .deps/cpuminer-cpu-miner.Po
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/cpuminer-opt'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/cpuminer-opt'
make: *** [all] Error 2
strip: 'cpuminer': No such file
[root@host cpuminer-opt]#
Activity: 115
Perfect!  CPUMINER now is more and more stronger.  I will test it with YTN mining.
Activity: 703
Merit: 272
I'm trying to run lyraZ2 on an i7-7820X with 4way, avxSha, and 4waysha.  using version 3.7.8 and win10

i get constant rejects from the pool "reject reason: low difficulty share of 0.000005" or smaller
from miningpoolhub

cpu is hashing at 1.3MH/s

i tried to manually lower the difficulty to d=0.01 but didn't seem to take it.

any suggestions?
Activity: 677
Merit: 500
Now that m7m is back (hashrefinery), some m7m numbers for cpuminer-opt v3.7.8v2 (maybe should call it 3.7.8.1, lol).

Ryzen Threadripper 1950X @ 3.7 GHz

sse2
545 kH/s

avx-sha
565 kH/s

4way-sha
545 kH/s

aes-avx
550 kH/s

aes-avx2
535 kH/s

aes-sse42
516 kH/s

sse42
580 kH/s

Those results are very suspicious, Particularly the fastest is sse42 and the slowest is aes-sse42.There is no aes
in m7m so they should be identical. Also the sha builds are not significantly faster than the equivalent non-sha,
but are significantly slower than sse42.

I don't know why but I don't think it's due to mislabeled files.

Probably due to background processes?  This *is* Windows we're talking about.

The first time I ran aes-sha I got 607 kH/s, but I could never reproduce it.  Ran for a few minutes for each executable.
legendary
Now that m7m is back (hashrefinery), some m7m numbers for cpuminer-opt v3.7.8v2 (maybe should call it 3.7.8.1, lol).

sse2
545 kH/s

avx-sha
565 kH/s

4way-sha
545 kH/s

aes-avx
550 kH/s

aes-avx2
535 kH/s

aes-sse42
516 kH/s

sse42
580 kH/s

Those results are very suspicious, Particularly the fastest is sse42 and the slowest is aes-sse42.There is no aes
in m7m so they should be identical. Also the sha builds are not significantly faster than the equivalent non-sha,
but are significantly slower than sse42.

I don't know why but I don't think it's due to mislabeled files.
Activity: 677
Merit: 500

sse2
545 kH/s

avx-sha
565 kH/s

4way-sha
545 kH/s

aes-avx
550 kH/s

aes-avx2
535 kH/s

aes-sse42
516 kH/s

sse42
580 kH/s
legendary

Im mining m7m algo, but I mine with both GPUs and Ryzen. The 16thread mining are slowing down the GPUs mining.

I found it:

works Cheesy

i wanna ask, for ryzen 7
do you use  --cpu-affinity 255 --cpu-priority 4? or --cpu-affinity 255 --cpu-priority 2
what's different?

Activity: 312

I found it:

works Cheesy

i wanna ask, for ryzen 7
what's different?
Activity: 128
been trying all the miner but the prompt just show up for a second and then disappear -.-

click START
in window write CMD
in console start miner
and you can see what error you have
Activity: 53
been trying all the miner but the prompt just show up for a second and then disappear -.-
legendary
looks like there is a regression in 3.7.8:
4way lyra2z started throwing low difficulty shares error

Lyra2z 4way is a mess, that's why the warning is displayed on startup.

First it is not expected to be fast, only a small portion of the algo (blake256) can be paralleled.
The overhead of converting from 4way for blake256 to serial for lyra2 may be greater than the
gain of blake256 4way. I'm using lyra2z as a test bed for blake256. 4way for the lyra2 code is not
being seriously considered because it's already using AVX2.

Blake256 has problems. Only 2 of the 4 lanes produce valid hash, the other 2 always invalid.
In effect it is only working as 2way, when it works at all.

I made a change in 3.7.8 but was unable to test it at the time. It seems it made things worse.
I'm still working on it but there is no guarantee it will be fixed soon.

Thanks for testing.

I think I found the bug in lyra2z 4way, actually it's in blake256 4way. It looks like it's responsible for the
lane corruption problem also. Unfortunately zpool dropped it before I could test it (yet again).
Activity: 7
Nicehash sets the difficulty too high for cryptonight. It takes too long to find a share so the stratum
times out.

When I mine ith 4790K Windows Miner, I get steady mining, how comes with the ubuntu miner I cant seem to mine for Nicehash?

legendary
Greetings, I am a user of Ubuntu 17.10 and my CPU is an i3 2100, after the last updates I could not use the program, chose to throw me the following error:

./cpuminer -a x11 --benchmark

**********  cpuminer-opt 3.7.8  ***********
     A CPU miner with multi algo support and optimized for CPUs
     with AES_NI and AVX2 and SHA extensions.
     BTC donation address: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT

CPU:         Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz.
SW built on Jan  4 2018 with GCC 6.4.0.
CPU features: SSE2 AVX.
SW features: SSE2 AVX.
Algo features: SSE2 AES AVX2 4WAY.
A CPU with AES and AVX2 is required!

I compile it using flag -march=native.

The only way to use it is to compile it from build-allarch.sh and using the executable cpuminer-sse42. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

It looks like there is a bug with some algos when using a CPU with AVX but not AVX2. Will be fixed in the next release.
Pages:
Jump to: