Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 734. (Read 3426922 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Would a 2gb 750 mine faster than a 1gb 750?

RAM is only a bottleneck at higher N-factors. For Yacoin that is a definitive Yes.

Christian
legendary
Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

Hi, Christian

I have made a small investigation (see below),

Could you make a little code improvement, because now the only way to use cudaminer with screen
is to run pure screen, and execute cudaminer from screen session. It works fine.
But if you want to have the same, but executed from shell script
- there is a SIGHUP signal, which terminates screen completely.

It would be great do have screen <-> cudaminer full operability.

Regards
JK

root@linux:/opt/miners/cudaminer# gdb screen
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.6.1-ubuntu
Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
Reading symbols from /usr/bin/screen...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
(gdb) set args ./cudaminer
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/screen ./cudaminer
[screen is terminating]

Program received signal SIGHUP, Hangup.
0x00007fee0f23d7e0 in __pause_nocancel () at ../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S:81
81      ../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S: No such file or directory.
(gdb) quit
A debugging session is active.

Inferior 1 [process 7562] will be killed.

Quit anyway? (y or n) y
root@linux:/opt/miners/cudaminer# ./cudaminer
           *** CudaMiner for nVidia GPUs by Christian Buchner ***
                     This is version 2014-02-18 (beta)
        based on pooler-cpuminer 2.3.2 (c) 2010 Jeff Garzik, 2012 pooler
            Cuda additions Copyright 2013,2014 Christian Buchner
          LTC donation address: LKS1WDKGED647msBQfLBHV3Ls8sveGncnm
          BTC donation address: 16hJF5mceSojnTD3ZTUDqdRhDyPJzoRakM
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Is there a way to calculate how much ram is actually needed vs the # of cuda cores or something along those lines, or scrypt mining? ie: Would a 2gb 750 mine faster than a 1gb 750?

Regular scrypt, no, but scrypt-jane it might do better than the 1gb one.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Is there a way to calculate how much ram is actually needed vs the # of cuda cores or something along those lines, for scrypt mining? ie: Would a 2gb 750 mine faster than a 1gb 750?
Activity: 305
Hey Christian.

Quick question, can I use Cudaminer on something like [Suspicious link removed]?

Do I just set it up like normal and bobs your uncle?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I added a second gt 780 to my pc now the temp is 82c while the fans are at 100% anyway to lower gpu usage? how many had there fans damaged due to long periods of there fans running at 100%
i downclock my gpu to 1020 core but still above 80c
You should worry about getting cool air into your rig, not lowering the GPU cores Smiley
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
I added a second gt 780 to my pc now the temp is 82c while the fans are at 100% anyway to lower gpu usage? how many had there fans damaged due to long periods of there fans running at 100%
i downclock my gpu to 1020 core but still above 80c
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Wanted to put out my quick findings with the 750ti since I went through a build and learned a bit, hopefully this helps some people.

• EVGA Ftw edition, currently running 320khs for each, 5x cards
  • Gigabyte UD3 motherboard, some random 4gb stick of Kingston ram that was cheap on amazon
  • I was unable able to get the USB 1x-16x risers to work.  Performance was all over the place, and I got random crashes and instability in Cudaminer.  These same USB risers are now used on a r9 270 rig at 100% speed, so I just switched risers with that machine -see next note
  • I was able to get a mix of unpowered ribbon 1x-16x mixed in with powered 1x-16x risers to work just fine at 100% speed.
  • I can not overclock memory more then 600mhz
  • GPU doesn't have much of an impact on the hashrate
  • x86 miner is faster than the x64
  • Cudaminer 750ti Settings I saw that work / made a difference:  T10x24 performed slightly better then T5x24  and -H 2 is the best for stability.
  • Windows 7 64bit, really wish there was a BAMT equiv for cudaminer though.
  • Inside a heated home the 750's do not break 50-55c at full load and overclocked

I do get random OS reboots, but I set my windows build to auto login with the miner spinning up on startup. So a crash or 2 a day doesn't impact my mining for more then 5 minutes.  Still not sure what that is all about...
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
i love cudaminer
cudaminer love you too, however it still feels the need to see other people
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
6x 750 Ti's (OC'd to stable + BIOS Power Mod)

Pretty please could you edit your post to include the exact make and model of your cards? It helps other people greatly Smiley Thank you!
His results are consistent with my 8x Zotac 750 Ti's on Win7. Note that in my testing there was no need for the BIOS power mod since it yielded no increase hashrate or stability, just extra power consumption. My overclocking is +135 core, +600 mem on all 8 cards.

Benchmarking results of each of my Zotacs here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5441080

Can you post up more system spec; motherboard, ram, psu...
Activity: 350
That's not what the AMD legion would say ;-)
He'll make a wallet for it and set a maximum number of clients. Stop pools destroying the coin
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
Lol I hate the new auto correct on my phone. Gpu is glucose for some reason lmao

So when's nvidia coin coming out? Stupid algo that nvidia cards have an advantage on

That would be a smart algo!   Cool
Lol I hate the new auto correct on my phone. Gpu is glucose for some reason lmao

So when's nvidia coin coming out? Stupid algo that nvidia cards have an advantage on
legendary
So I know glucose failed it's launch but is anyone jumping on its relaunch again?
glucose, that's really what will be needed at 5am... don't know...
I think, I would prefer a psu coin
So I know glucose failed it's launch but is anyone jumping on its relaunch again?
may-be I am too suspicious, but do you really think that the aurora dev will give all the premine to his fellow icelanders if it keep that rate or will just cash out everything for himself ?

the devs have set up a web site detailing the airdrop process and the amount of premine not handed out...

at the Moment it looks like a genuine attempt, mich like MtGox was a genuine attempt of running an exchange *snicker*
legendary
may-be I am too suspicious, but do you really think that the aurora dev will give all the premine to his fellow icelanders if it keep that rate or will just cash out everything for himself ?
Those with hash rate problems on their newly acquired 750 Ti's: please also try with a 32 bit cudaminer build and compare...
Jump to: