Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN: custom BFL firmware - tested 5-7GH pool meas. improvement on 60GH singles - page 2. (Read 7197 times)

legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
My hardware error rate jumped to like 11% from about 0.5% with this firmware so it seems that all the extra hashrate is just bad hashrate =(

Depends on what shape ur chips are actually in. Yours seem to be pretty bad =(

With the mentioned tweaks, actual pool measured hashrate(taking into account HW error, rejects etc...) for me went from 57 to 64GH...
Activity: 608
Merit: 500
My hardware error rate jumped to like 11% from about 0.5% with this firmware so it seems that all the extra hashrate is just bad hashrate =(
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
I uncommented DO_NOT_USE_ENGINE_ZERO and it's not helped.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
I tried to run this on Jalapeno. I uncommented #define __PRODUCT_MODEL_JALAPENO__ in std_defs.h and compiled without any problem but after programing LED didn't flash.

It's likely not working because this firmware tries to activate engine 0 on all chips. Jalapenos don't support that.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
I tried to run this on Jalapeno. I uncommented #define __PRODUCT_MODEL_JALAPENO__ in std_defs.h and compiled without any problem but after programing LED didn't flash.
Activity: 467
Activity: 124
Merit: 251
Any easy way to flash these for those of us who don't have a JTAG? via USB perhaps? (doubtful)
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
Sent small donation as well to GenTarkin.  This Firmware Mod is a welcome upgrade for any BFL ASICs IMHO
Activity: 467

pre-emptive donation sent.. looking forward to flashing my singles when the JTAG hardware shows up. Well done.. you've done a lot of the things I'd been thinking about, but aren't a good enough coder to actually DO.

legendary
Activity: 127
Thanks GenTarkin, donated!
Well I ran into issues w/ the lower HW error & slightly less clocks. Im not exactly sure what the cause is yet, but my single would just kinda stop mining after a good 40mins in my recent testing. I went back to the build that I released publicly(to you guys) and this problem has not happened. So... yeah... lol, may just have to deal w/ the more laxed engine enabling & next might be trying to see if I can figure out other word values for the clock index(see if can bring clock speed even higher)

No worries, glad you were able to revert back and not have anymore issues.  I'm very impressed w/ the performance increase from your FW thus far and anything else that comes from it down the road is just a bonus.

Thanks again and i've been running the FW for about 15+ hours and everything is great.
legendary
Well I ran into issues w/ the lower HW error & slightly less clocks. Im not exactly sure what the cause is yet, but my single would just kinda stop mining after a good 40mins in my recent testing. I went back to the build that I released publicly(to you guys) and this problem has not happened. So... yeah... lol, may just have to deal w/ the more laxed engine enabling & next might be trying to see if I can figure out other word values for the clock index(see if can bring clock speed even higher)
Activity: 302
Merit: 252
I have an STK-500, would that work also?
I have a little single and i am wondering if there would also be a potential to tune it a little bit. Would this work for little single too?

Yes it will.  Same firmware for all products.  Just make sure to watch the Temps and have proper cooling because these Chips get very hot.
So...I guess we need an AVR Dragon or similar to load this? 

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/ATAVRDRAGON/ATAVRDRAGON-ND/1124251?WT.mc_id=PLA_1124251  $53 not bad when you can get an extra 5%-15% from most Singles...Rev.2 Chips atleast seem to have much better chances hitting the mid 60 GH/s range
Activity: 561
I have a little single and i am wondering if there would also be a potential to tune it a little bit. Would this work for little single too?
legendary
yes you need AVR dragon to flash.

yes I will update thread, at this point Im out of ideas to get further actual performance from, other than by seeing if theres additional values that can be used to adjust the clock generator upwards.
Activity: 608
So...I guess we need an AVR Dragon or similar to load this? 
I just replaced the 120mm and 92mm fans (on Single) w/ ones i'd bought in bulk a few months ago and loaded up your Firmware that i'd downloaded yesterday....very happy to say that I went from just under 58GH ---->64.6 GH/s!  Getting about 2.5-3% hardware errors but am very happy with the improvements!  

I'd done a few tweaks with the Stock firmware on a couple of other singles that yielded a 2GH/s increase or so but this was phenomenal, w/ your FW, over 6 GH/s improvement and temps are around 69-70. I've taken the front plates off and replaced the 120mm fans w/ 1350 RPM Yate Loons and the 92mm w/ Panflo 2650 RPM fans as well.

Thanks for your time and effort on this GenTarkin, it's very much appreciated.  Feel free to keep this thread updated as i'm sure more people will be interested as they come across it.  Every little bit helps when trying to scrape by just to get a ROI on these...and I have to admit, your Firmware tweaks worked much better then I would've guess   Wink

BTW, are you able to upload your newest build?  I will gratefully take 400-700mh/s less w/ 50% less HW errors.  Don't worry about things being perfect, we are just happy you've made improvements!
Pages:
Jump to: