Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] DNN - Decentralized News Network - page 11. (Read 8129 times)

DNN
Activity: 176
Merit: 10
What an interesting project! Any news about rewards? I'll be watching!

Thank you for the support, stay tuned for upcoming news and updates Wink
Activity: 100
Reserve me for Indian translation (Hindi)
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Backup for Indonesian translation
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
seem it is god
DNN
Are you going to release an alpha version of the project before starting crowdfunding campaign or it's the opposite?

Demo/Alpha first, see how it goes then eventually ICO.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Thanks for the clarification, will wait for more info, I'd like to read more about how the rewards system works so right on the paper now Wink
Sy
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Bounty Detective
Are you going to release an alpha version of the project before starting crowdfunding campaign or it's the opposite?
DNN
Thanks for the clarification, will wait for more info, I'd like to read more about how the rewards system works so right on the paper now Wink

The whitepaper is at a good stage, there may be some slight changes and improvements before the final version.

You can also check our blog for more DNN Material at https://medium.com/dnnmedia.

We will keep adding articles there as we go along.

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Very interesting idea. Will delve into the whitepaper a bit more and see if I come up with any questions.

I don't see any mention of ICO so I guess it is some time away.

Nevertheless I'll keep an eye on this!  Shocked

DNN
Dear all, thank you so much for the words of encouragement and support.

The team is hard at work on building an Alpha version of DNN so that the community can check it out and we can also gather some good feedback.
It is some time away but we'll make sure to share some updates in due course.

We have also seen the numerous bounty requests for translations, social media and signatures.
Right now we feel it's too early for bounties and we need to figure out which ones we actually want to do in the future.
If and when we'll do a bounty we will make an announcement and create a separate thread for it.
We will also have our own campaign managers so no need to message us for bounties nor for being our campaign managers.

Also to be clear we will host an ICO sometime in the future but right now we don't have any info to share.
We are still working on DNN's economics and fine tuning it following feedback from our whitepaper.

You are welcome to share your queries and comments on this thread as well as on our slack at: http://slack.dnn.media/
Both Samit and Dondrey will pop around here from time to time, but are more often on Slack.  

Have a great day!

Activity: 536
Merit: 250
Stay tuned and wait for ICO details!
Activity: 5
Merit: 1
power of the Ethereum blockchain to allow for a fully decentralized network that can never be hacked
into, taken down, or censored

... but ethereum was hacked, taken down via spam attacks and accidental forks oh and that broken softfork , and the etheruem foundation with full centralized control over eth did censor stuff on it when it disliked the way someone used an app.

umm... this is awkward.

Yes, the Ethereum network was attacked, I wouldn't necessarily consider it hacked ("since nothing was compromised") or taken down. Sure, this triggered a soft fork, but in what way did this have a huge effect on DApps? DApps still functioned on whatever forks happen, and the data of smart contracts remained immutable. Are too many forks a bad thing? Yes, but I don't see them being a threat to the robustness of the network. Not to mention there are plenty of fixes the Ethereum foundation is working to address these attack vectors (e.g. Casper).

In the case of the attack against DAO, the Ethereum network still functioned (https://blog.ethereum.org/2016/06/17/critical-update-re-dao-vulnerability/). There will always be some vulnerability in how code is written, the immutability of the blockchain is quite solid.

Until there is news that smart contracts themselves can be compromised, regardless of the soundness of the code, then I would agree with you that "never can be taken down" is the wrong phrase to use.
Activity: 994
Merit: 504
a interesting ideea.i like it
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 263
I liked the concept! I will be watching this project for some more information! Good luck to you!
There are too many similar projects,STEEM,CreaiveChain and so on.

Currently, there are no projects (at least, using the blockchain) that are concerned with addressing the issues surrounding the creation and curation of news, in the way DNN does.

Steem for example, allows anyone to post/publish content to its platform, regardless of the type of content. For publishing content, Steem then rewards its users with STEEM granted, their content gains popularity, while at the same time, incentivizing dialogue around this content. Other than subjective mining, DNN bears little resemblance to Steem. The best way to think of Steem, is it is a tokenized Reddit on the blockchain. Rather, than reward users with Karma, users of Steem are given STEEM. In turn, creating a platform that fosters content deemed as quality by the community.

CreativeChain on the other hand, is focused with authorship assurance and creating customizable distribution channels for content. While CreativeChain does have the ability to create smart contracts and social networks to interact with communities, there is no clear-cut solution to addressing the problems surrounding news in particular. DNN and CreativeChain's incentive models are also vastly different.

DNN can be viewed as a publication on the blockchain. DNN's aims to enable a continuous feed of source-based news that is concise and community vetted for factual integrity.

Activity: 644
Merit: 262
I want reserve italian translation
Activity: 686
Merit: 261
reserve german translation
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Very interesting! Keeping my eye out on this one for sure. News unbiased would be amazing. I hate the shilling on reddit and fb(both sides)
I am digging it.

Where do I sign up for updates?

Hey BitsharesHero,

You can receive periodic updates by signing up on our landing page (http://dnn.media) or joining the DNN slack (http://slack.dnn.media).

Activity: 118
Merit: 100
If this project has any bounty I will do Hungarian translation.
Contact me now.
Pages:
Jump to: