Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ★★ EBT Coin - Entropybit 100% PoS - Multipool - Bugfix version 4.0.3! ★★ - page 23. (Read 131676 times)

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014
I finally received my withdrawel from EBT! It all seems to work fine!

Anybody knows how I can get rid of a bunch of unconfirmed transactions from three weeks ago? They are staked coins that were never confirmed.

Any ideas?

Your best bet is to export the private keys for all your accounts and then import them into a new wallet.

Unfortunately, there is no garbage collection in the wallet for unconfirmed transactions, although it may be an interesting idea for a filter (i.e. don't show unconfirmed transactions older than x days).

• You can find the addresses associated with with listaccounts in the console (although the values for each account may not be correct in this listing--this is a bug we are working on).
  • Then, for each account, do getaddressesbyaccount.
  • Then, for each address in the list, do a dumpprivkey. Note that your wallet must be unlocked for this command.
  • Then, import each of these private keys into a fresh wallet with importprivkey. Only transactions that have made it into the block chain will appear.

This may be a lot of work depending on the complexity of your prior transactions. You will probably want to reconstruct your address books, both for your sending and receiving addresses.

If you want to wait, we can add an automatic filter in a later release.

an automatic filter would be great Smiley I'll wait
EBT
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Anybody knows how I can get rid of a bunch of unconfirmed transactions from three weeks ago? They are staked coins that were never confirmed.

Any ideas?

Your best bet is to export the private keys for all your accounts and then import them into a new wallet.

Unfortunately, there is no garbage collection in the wallet for unconfirmed transactions, although it may be an interesting idea for a filter (i.e. don't show unconfirmed transactions older than x days).

• You can find the addresses associated with with listaccounts in the console (although the values for each account may not be correct in this listing--this is a bug we are working on).
  • Then, for each account, do getaddressesbyaccount.
  • Then, for each address in the list, do a dumpprivkey. Note that your wallet must be unlocked for this command.
  • Then, import each of these private keys into a fresh wallet with importprivkey. Only transactions that have made it into the block chain will appear.

This may be a lot of work depending on the complexity of your prior transactions. You will probably want to reconstruct your address books, both for your sending and receiving addresses.

If you want to wait, we can add an automatic filter in a later release.
legendary

Any ideas?
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
I think the ongoing arguement between 2 of the above posters, helped the EBT price to crash hard....other people do read this forum and this drama'll affect EBT's small market... Please, stop this...

SHIT!

Sorry about that.

I'm not posting about this again.
It's not correct. Price crashed because of pumper, who removed his buy walls in volume about 5 BTC at all this prices 35-65.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
I think the ongoing arguement between 2 of the above posters, helped the EBT price to crash hard....other people do read this forum and this drama'll affect EBT's small market... Please, stop this...

SHIT!

Sorry about that.

I'm not posting about this again.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
I like the low EBT price, gives me a chance to buy more cheap!

New video ad coming out soon.  Can't wait.  Anyone heard anything new about that flea market site?
Activity: 560
If you prove your point, I'll hike ratings of PoS coins in my blog make changes in my ultimate crypto article. But off the 10s of debates I've gone through, this has never happens. Regardless of how confident the guy is, he always looses.

Prove what, exactly?

Prove that PoS does not have the drawbacks as I stated in my blog.

This question is unanswered.

Why do I need to disprove your claims? That's a well known fallacy called the "teapot fallacy":

There is a tiny tea kettle orbiting the sun. We can't see it from earth. Disprove this statement.

This does not answer the question in any way. You're eluding the question, like I stated before --

Oh, no these claims that you make are nothing new to me -- many people said this to me many times, and they took their words back by not posting anything at all.

The difference is, here you post irrelevant things.
Activity: 742
If you prove your point, I'll hike ratings of PoS coins in my blog make changes in my ultimate crypto article. But off the 10s of debates I've gone through, this has never happens. Regardless of how confident the guy is, he always looses.

Prove what, exactly?

Why do I need to disprove your claims? That's a well known fallacy called the "teapot fallacy":

There is a tiny tea kettle orbiting the sun. We can't see it from earth. Disprove this statement.

Prove what, exactly?

Prove what, exactly?
Just a thought. I'm already heavily invested in this coin, but many people reading this thread are still only considering whether to get involved.

The future for this coin is PoS. De_logics claims that PoS is not good. Do you want this claim to go unanswered in this thread? His claim is simply not true and I will address the claim each time he renews it.

I have a reasonably sized buy order at a low price. If you don't like the bickering, please feel free to dump right into it. Let me know and I'll add to my order.

There's no answer yet from your side.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Just a thought. I'm already heavily invested in this coin, but many people reading this thread are still only considering whether to get involved.

The future for this coin is PoS. De_logics claims that PoS is not good. Do you want this claim to go unanswered in this thread? His claim is simply not true and I will address the claim each time he renews it.

I have a reasonably sized buy order at a low price. If you don't like the bickering, please feel free to dump right into it. Let me know and I'll add to my order.

I have no interest in dumping my 2,000,000 EBT, I'm only suggesting that seemingly endless back-and-forth arguments might be better suited for PMs. Better yet, a general debate about the merits and faults of PoS coins might be better suited for its own thread, as the specifics and outcome of such a discussion aren't relevant solely to this coin. Maybe create a new thread and link to it from this one so that people looking for specific information or discussion on EBT aren't impeded by all the bickering and dissuaded from getting involved.
legendary

I think R0bd0b has a good point, but also think discussion is good. For me it is a good indication that people talk about it at least Smiley

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Bickering in this thread is only going to diminish faith in this coin. I know that, when I'm looking at altcoins to invest time/money/resources in, arguing is the kind of thing that tells me to move on to the next coin. I want to see people talking about plans for the coin, for the market, working together on solutions and ideas rather than entertaining every debate they run across.

So suppose we have 2 different coins (A and B) with identical PoS specs with one difference -- A has 100 active active miners and B has 10 active miners.

Difficulty of A will be higher than B right? Even though the no. of coins on line are the same.

Why would the difficulty of A be higher? You are trying to conflate apples and oranges.

Let me separate the concepts for you:

If it were a PoW network with 10 miners and someone had the mining capacity of 100 miners, they could easily attack the coin.

If it were a PoS network with 10 miners and and someone had the mining capacity of 100 miners, they'd still need to buy up 51% of the coin, making half of the original miners rich.

That's the difference and that's the reason you have never proven yourself correct by attacking a PoS coin. You just don't have the funds to do it.

I guess the route you have chosen is to spam PoS coin threads with your anti-PoS blog text. I agree, that may be a modestly effective way to attack PoS coins, but it doesn't change the underlying reality.

What do you mean by this --

Try this experiment: pick a Proof of Stake coin like Blade with a tiny PoS difficulty and buy say 10,000 BLA. Now, you'll have some stake. Split it into 10,000 transactions and put these in a wallet on a machine with as many GPUs as you have. Since everyone staking blade right now is staking on their CPUs, the total network hashes is maybe 10 KH/s. So, with a modest investment, you could have easily 100 times the hashes as the entire rest of the network--for staking. Now, see how long it takes you to 51% the Blade network with this setup.

You did agree if people split their incoming transaction across 1 coin each (that means if someone has 10000 blade, the wallet will have 10,000 transactions of 1 each) the difficulty will rise.

So suppose we have 2 different coins (A and B) with identical PoS specs with one difference -- A has 100 active active miners and B has 10 active miners.

Difficulty of A will be higher than B right? Even though the no. of coins on line are the same.

Why would the difficulty of A be higher? You are trying to conflate apples and oranges.

Let me separate the concepts for you:

If it were a PoW network with 10 miners and someone had the mining capacity of 100 miners, they could easily attack the coin.

If it were a PoS network with 10 miners and and someone had the mining capacity of 100 miners, they'd still need to buy up 51% of the coin, making half of the original miners rich.

That's the difference and that's the reason you have never proven yourself correct by attacking a PoS coin. You just don't have the funds to do it.

I guess the route you have chosen is to spam PoS coin threads with your anti-PoS blog text. I agree, that may be a modestly effective way to attack PoS coins, but it doesn't change the underlying reality.
So according to you, high difficulty does not provide any protection against any kind of attacks.

For Proof of Stake, difficulty does not translate into security. Difficulty in Proof of Stake is a parameter used to keep the block times close to the target. Security in Proof of Stake comes from the stake. That's why it's called "Proof of Stake".

Try this experiment: pick a Proof of Stake coin like Blade with a tiny PoS difficulty and buy say 10,000 BLA. Now, you'll have some stake. Split it into 10,000 transactions and put these in a wallet on a machine with as many GPUs as you have. Since everyone staking blade right now is staking on their CPUs, the total network hashes is maybe 10 KH/s. So, with a modest investment, you could have easily 100 times the hashes as the entire rest of the network--for staking. Now, see how long it takes you to 51% the Blade network with this setup.

Of you course won't try because you know that such a plan would never work given that you wouldn't own the requisite 51% of Blade to launch a successful 51% PoS attack. Acquiring that stake, my friend, will cost you. But if you try, and when you get close to 51% ownership, please let me know and I will, as a kind favor, sell you mine for market price. Then, when you crash your own hard-won investment just to make a point, we can both have a hearty laugh at your success.

On the other hand, when you get desperate to validate your own ideologies (or more likely get frustrated with me personally for being so correct in these matters), you must resist the urge to set your GPUs solving Proof of Work blocks to attack Blade, because that would basically be your admission that PoW is indeed the weak link in a PoW/PoS coin.

Oh, no these claims that you make are nothing new to me -- many people said this to me many times, and they took their words back by not posting anything at all. And history repeats itself again and again, and I'm going to remind you about this as long as you're active in this forum.

Ok, now I've better understanding of PoS and the difficulty, all thanks to you. So before we proceed, I would like to clear a few more concepts and be sure our understands are in line.

So according to you, high difficulty does not provide any protection against any kind of attacks.

For Proof of Stake, difficulty does not translate into security. Difficulty in Proof of Stake is a parameter used to keep the block times close to the target. Security in Proof of Stake comes from the stake. That's why it's called "Proof of Stake".

Of you course won't try because you know that such a plan would never work given that you wouldn't own the requisite 51% of Blade to launch a successful 51% PoS attack. Acquiring that stake, my friend, will cost you. But if you try, and when you get close to 51% ownership, please let me know and I will, as a kind favor, sell you mine for market price. Then, when you crash your own hard-won investment just to make a point, we can both have a hearty laugh at your success.

On the other hand, when you get desperate to validate your own ideologies (or more likely get frustrated with me personally for being so correct in these matters), you must resist the urge to set your GPUs solving Proof of Work blocks to attack Blade, because that would basically be your admission that PoW is indeed the weak link in a PoW/PoS coin.
Pages:
Jump to: