Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Elacoin | Released | Fair Elastic Scrypt Mining | No Premine - page 41. (Read 133938 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 502
You don't need a wallet at least the way you envisage one. The daemon is merely a no frills wallet where you do things via the command line. you need to have an elacoin.conf file in %Appdata%\elacoin otherwise it'll just close. To issue commands to it you usually need to open another instance to it and type ellacoind help for a list of commands like:

elacoind getinfo
elacoind getnewaddress
elacoind getbalance

Once it's running you can mine with it, you just won't physically see the coins appearing like you would in a wallet. When a proper QT wallet is released you can just start that instead and it will use the wallet.dat that was created by the dameon.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
https://github.com/elacoin/elacoin/commit/d2a3f1badd6a2ff77583ce573be370bc09572708
Code:
static CBigNum bnProofOfWorkLimit(~uint256(0) >> 20); // Elacoin: starting difficulty is 1 / 2^12
So, are you gonna fix this? Difficulty will be like... 0.0002 at launch.
If yes, what value are you planning to state?
If no... well, good luck as another-premined-coin-all-crying-about Grin
Yes!

It has already being fixed, but you know, the coin hasn't launched so I'm not pushing the changes out?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Not only that.. but the block reward is based on the difficulty..
Activity: 301
Merit: 260
FLO dev
Another orphan coin with too low starting difficulty.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Yea I don't understand that daemon thing. If it were to find a block how would it even know it's mine without a wallet? I'm stupid, I know

You can put username as walletid but you need to have a wallet. The wallet only runs on linux atm so no use ...

Bullshit. Running the daemon on windows will create a wallet.

You all know how to use google, google the commands for any coin daemon it's the same usage here.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Yea I don't understand that daemon thing. If it were to find a block how would it even know it's mine without a wallet? I'm stupid, I know

You can put username as walletid but you need to have a wallet. The wallet only runs on linux atm so no use ...
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

I know how to get it running, but never used a daemon
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Such a pathetic release. No binaries, several genesis blocks.
It would be beter to change release date, but not to make this misapprehension.

OP, release official binaries ASAP.
Any working windows wallet ?

Windows Daemon: https://mega.co.nz/#!PswCgZqB!BaLMUEYmVhOIrt7B053-9lE3u34WG4aVwNChTND_IVc

YOU NEED TO ADD SOME NODES IN CONFIG FILE! READ THE OTHER TOPIC THERE ARE PLENTY

Not in the one I uploaded as it has UPNP enabled but nobody trusts me so whatever.

And what wallet are you suggesting i should use when i dont have linux ? lol

Windows Daemon: https://mega.co.nz/#!PswCgZqB!BaLMUEYmVhOIrt7B053-9lE3u34WG4aVwNChTND_IVc

YOU NEED TO ADD SOME NODES IN CONFIG FILE! READ THE OTHER TOPIC THERE ARE PLENTY

Not in the one I uploaded as it has UPNP enabled but nobody trusts me so whatever.
Merit: 500
I can't sync the blockchain either.
Here's a Windows dameon (elacoind.exe) that I compiled myself which can be used to mine in advance of a wallet release. Use it at your own risk.

https://apps.memopal.com/e/H3GPKRT7

Anonymous binary release? No way. Put it under your credentials and people will trust you. Otherwise, go away.

Like I said, use it at your own risk. I couldn't give a damn either way.

If its clean, why can't you publish it under your real name?

Just don't download it. There are at least 2 other people that have posted a daemon in the other thread discussing the failed launch. Or of course you could just wait until a wallet is released but the OP doesn't even know how to do this so you could be waiting a while.
Activity: 347
wallet not syncing, op give us fixes

Difficulty was set way too low, there's just no way for blocks to propogate in a peer-to-peer network arrangement at this difficulty.  It's going to be like this for quite a while, I'm afraid.
Activity: 462

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022
"Next Network Block   324    (Current: 323)" WTF?
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
wallet not syncing, op give us fixes
Activity: 518
thats what I call a fair release  Grin
Linux premine going well so far.. difficulty is getting up though Wink
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
If anyone needs a node, I have one here:

-addnode=96.126.118.229

That's on my server so it should have plenty of bandwidth. Should have low-ish ping times to people in the united states (it's in dallas texas).
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
pools arent working either
Pages:
Jump to: