Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Electrum Seed Guardian - page 2. (Read 4249 times)

Activity: 176
Merit: 100
August 03, 2014, 06:41:32 AM
This is a wonderful tool Smiley

Thank you so much for sharing it with the community!

Will donate $5 in just a minute.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
legendary
June 13, 2014, 10:13:50 AM
RagnarDanneskjold found a bug :
When threshold is not equals to 2, the seed is not reconstructed correctly.

Avoid using this software for anything but test.

Bug is fixed.
legendary
June 13, 2014, 09:12:27 AM
RagnarDanneskjold found a bug :
When threshold is not equals to 2, the seed is not reconstructed correctly.

Avoid using this software for anything but test.
legendary
June 10, 2014, 04:26:22 AM
this is very cool.  I will use it.

Nice. Don't forget to keep a copy of the software (you could get it from github here : https://github.com/seedguardian/seedguardian.github.io) and to use it offline.
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
June 06, 2014, 09:33:56 PM
this is very cool.  I will use it.
legendary
June 06, 2014, 08:33:59 AM
Do I need to save my seed on paper and use that wallet forever without worrying about doing any other backups?

Electrum seed is sufficient to recreate your wallet. So you could use electrum to generate a seed, write it down somewhere and you have your cold wallet. But there are risks with this method. You could lose the paper with the seed, or it could burn, or someone could use it if the paper is found.

That's why i created seed guardian. You split electrum seed, let's say in 3 shares with a threshold of 2. You write down the 15 words of each share on a different paper, and hide each paper in a different place. For example, one on an encrypted usb drive, one with your papers at home, one at work. If one of these papers is lost or burnt or stolen, you still could recreate the seed with the two others. If someone find one of the three papers, he can't do anything with it.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
June 06, 2014, 06:16:22 AM
Do I need to save my seed on paper and use that wallet forever without worrying about doing any other backups?
legendary
June 02, 2014, 06:39:35 AM
Electrum Seed Guardian - Never lose your bitcoins

Github repository: https://github.com/seedguardian/seedguardian.github.io

Electrum Seed Guardian aims at keeping your electrum seed safe and secure. It splits your electrum seed in shares of 15 words, using Shamir's Secret Sharing Scheme.

Split of a secret is powerful, as it avoids the lose of your secret. If shares are correctly hidden and geographically distributed, risks like fire, theft, loss are a lot reduced.

Shares made of words rather than hexadecimal allows you to write them down manually without errors. You coould make a shared paper wallet without any printer, this is good if you can't (or don't want) to trust your printer.

This software is just new, so use it at your own risk.

You are welcome to report issues here or on github.
Pages:
Jump to: