Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Ember: An instant and feeless cryptocurrency for the future. - page 3. (Read 18823 times)

copper member
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
It has not started and we do not have a plan for one yet. We aim to have one by the end of the year.

We plan for a Q1 or Q2 mainnet launch.
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
We're aiming to have a website in a few days! A talented community member has stepped forth to work on it.

The Block Explorer will not be in development until we at least have a public testnet planned. At this time, we do not have a public testnet planned.

so, has public testnet begun?
I hope your mainnet can be launched in the first quarter of 2019 as you say.
copper member
We're aiming to have a website in a few days! A talented community member has stepped forth to work on it.

The Block Explorer will not be in development until we at least have a public testnet planned. At this time, we do not have a public testnet planned.

Activity: 630
Merit: 251
When are your sites and block explorer released and available?
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
Looks like a promising project, good work
copper member
Our dependencies, besides the common things like GCC/G++, are "Nim, Nimble, GMP, Chia's BLS library, and LibSodium". The only unusual ones there are Nim/Nimble and BLS.

We are the first to build a cryptocurrency with Nim. We aren't the first to build a cryptocurrency node in Nim. That credit goes to Status who built an Ethereum node with Nim. We picked it because it compiles to C/C++, has full interop, and is very elegant. If you want to know more, I talked about it on the previously linked podcast.

We are one of the first cryptocurrencies to use BLS. That said, ZCash, and I assume ZClassic, also uses it, and it is in the Eth 2.0 spec. I do not know what specific lib ZCash uses though. We use the one from Chia.

The Nimble packages are:
  • A GMP wrapper.
  • A BLS wrapper.
  • A WebView wrapper (GUI).
  • A Nim event-based programming module that we wrote ourselves.
  • A Nim cryptography lib (SHA and so on).
  • A RocksDB wrapper (currently unused).

Finally, we do ship Argon2 inside the Ember repository. A couple of other cryptocurrencies use that, and there's pretty much one lib for it.
Activity: 238
Merit: 13
I would try to build without theses 4.5GB of deps to download and install before compiling. Are you the first to use this dev framework stack ?
copper member
P2P: PMed. You can also email us, PM us on Twitter, or join our Discord though!

DaMut: Fair enough! We should've used "PRE-ANN".

About x42:
  • They are not instant. They have a 60 second block time (on their main chain).
  • They offer side blockchains, which splits up the network, We use a DAG and a singular blockchain, which work together.
  • They premined 25%. We have a premine, which after 3 years (the amount of time it's supposed to last for), will be 4.5% of the total supply.
  • They offer smart contracts. We have a personal belief that smart contracts shouldn't be layer one objects.

I would not call them a competitor (of course, all cryptocurrencies are competitors).
Activity: 1274
Merit: 263
you should have named it as [Pre-Ann] because a lot of thing need to be done and it seems you are still trying to figure out how to make it based on your coin specification.
Block Reward: Not finalized.
Total Supply: Not applicable.
also, i think you need to check this out ; https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-x42-feeless-pos-fast-price-locks-erc20-wrapped-token-on-uniswap-4799548 (your competitor)
you and them are doing the same thing, feeless and instant payment. i ever used their network once or two, and they were doing it very good.
it was very fast and did not require any fees when i tried to send it from my wallet to another wallet.
p2p
Activity: 32
Sounds like a great project. EmberCrypto, can you PM me. I was not able to PM you since I have newbie status and your setting don't allow messages from newbies. Thanks.
copper member
We have an adjustable spam filter. It's the same process as mining, but much much less intensive. There are some other projects which do the same.
Activity: 17
Looks like an interesting project.  What is your strategy to keep someone from spamming the network with transactions given that there are no feeds? 
copper member
Correct.

We don't have an explorer yet as we've been focusing on the coin itself. When we do have one (if it is 'us' who makes one), it will be fully open source.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 588
There is no total supply, just like Ethereum. That said, the block reward will decrease over time, yet the details on how aren't finalized.

The premine is equivalent to 7 weeks of the block reward. 2 weeks are unlocked at launch, and 1 week is released every 6 months after.

Meaning, your supply is infinite?
Also, are you going to provide us your block explorer?
copper member
We did publish our 6th Biweekly Update today. It should be an interesting read for anyone who's just hearing about Ember! https://medium.com/@EmberCrypto/ember-biweekly-update-6-38b7b568911f
copper member
We did get a lot of inspiration from Nano, yet we aim to provide better security, more decentralization, and faster transaction handling (via a mix of better technology and incentivizing consensus participants).

---

Thanks for posting the Token TV interview!
Activity: 14
Kayaba is a great dev, a real star in the making.

Check out a few more bits of information on Ember from his Token Tv Developers corner interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KfRBtoKdnY

I will certainly be keeping a close eye on this one
Activity: 390
Merit: 100
Activity: 89
Merit: 1
世界の生態系&#
Interesting, it looks like a mix of NANO with other mined cryptos, but it's not fork so it's something new. I'm following this project ...
copper member
Not at all. Their original dev team left/scammed the community. The community has continued the coin, but only under plans to swap to a new coin called Atheneum. As soon as the swap is over, both the original team, and the revival team, will have left Ember, and there will be no community.

When we picked the name, I didn't know of any project called Ember. I did find Ember Coin a few weeks after, but thought it was dead/the revival team already did the coin swap. Only a few weeks ago did I realize they were still preparing for the coin swap.

By the time of the testnet, they'll likely have swapped. If this proves to be an issue, we'll pick a new name.
Pages:
Jump to: