Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [EMD] - Emerald Crypto - PoW - Scrypt - low Difficulty - CPU mining - page 19. (Read 96719 times)

legendary
Activity: 1294
Merit: 1039
I installed the wallet on a different computer. It's connected now. Bootstrap loading is taking a while though.

How do I configure the minerd.exe program? The Emerald website states:

start the miner

./minerd -t -a scrypt -o stratum+tcp://crypto.office-on-the.net:12125 -u -p x

Where does this go and what goes in the placeholder? I'm assuming the <> marks are removed.

Right now when I click on the minerd.exe file, it flashes a small screen for a second and disappears.

Also, do I have to add nodes to my wallet configuration?
There is no need for addnodes
When the wallet starts, it looks at a dedicated node for connections.

as for cpu mining - the ./minerd is for linux

For windows, if you want to join a pool, the easiest would be to make a batch file.
open up notepad and saving as START.BAT

Code:
minerd --url stratum+tcp://thepool.address.goes.here:poolportnumber --userpass USERNAME.WORKERNAME:PASSWORD
the start.bat should go into the same folder as the minerd.exe

You will of course need to sign up for a pool, there should be several listed on the Emerald web site - just click the link in your wallet to open a browser to the home page.
Most pools have a help section that will explain things better, like how to make a worker, what port number to use ...

If you want to simply use your wallet to mine, you can add the line:
gen=1

to your emerald.conf file.(which you might have to create - in the same directory as the wallet.dat file C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Emerald )

emerald.conf
Code:
rpcuser=bla-bla
rpcpassword=bla-bla-bla
gen=1

The gen=1 turns on the miner that's built into most wallets -
unfortunately, mining difficulty is high enough that I would be surprised if you found more that one block in a 24 hour time.

most mining pools are setup so that you get a share of each block found in proportion to the work you do.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
I installed the wallet on a different computer. It's connected now. Bootstrap loading is taking a while though.

How do I configure the minerd.exe program? The Emerald website states:

start the miner

./minerd -t -a scrypt -o stratum+tcp://crypto.office-on-the.net:12125 -u -p x

Where does this go and what goes in the placeholder? I'm assuming the <> marks are removed.

Right now when I click on the minerd.exe file, it flashes a small screen for a second and disappears.

Also, do I have to add nodes to my wallet configuration?

lol...

The wallet is importing the blocks now. It's still not connected though.
Maybe an issue with your firewall?
I don't know of too many internet service providers that block those higher ports.
Have you ran any other wallets before?

I've never run any others. It might well be an issue with my firewall. Not sure how to check though.
usually when you first run the wallet, a windows system window will open and ask if you want to block or allow access.

in the control panel, click on windows firewall
click on "allow an app or feature through ..."
see if Emerald is in the list

Windows shows that my firewall is managed by the Norton firewall I have. I checked the Norton firewall settings, Emerald is on the list, and it has a setting of "allow" all inbound and outbound connections.
Guess we will wait for the bootstrap to finish.
I've never used the bootstrap - so I don't know if it will connect while loading it
Activity: 51
Crypto Broker Mining Pool - Added Emerald

https://pool.cryptobroker.io/emd

• Auto-Profit Switching Port (Equihash & Scrypt)
  • Automatic Payouts
  • Affiliate Commission

The mining pool update allows users to mine the most profitable coin based on algorithm. Automatic payouts can be setup to withdrawal coins to your exchange of choice. Servers have been upgraded and redundancies/alerts enhanced offering a more reliable mining pool setup.

added to www.emeraldcrypto.de

Thanks for the support Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1461
Merit: 1025
i love Emerald (EMD)

• Automatic Payouts
  • Affiliate Commission

The mining pool update allows users to mine the most profitable coin based on algorithm. Automatic payouts can be setup to withdrawal coins to your exchange of choice. Servers have been upgraded and redundancies/alerts enhanced offering a more reliable mining pool setup.

added to www.emeraldcrypto.de
Activity: 51

• Automatic Payouts
  • Affiliate Commission

Thanks for the invite. I'm in at slack now.

hey starpsy,

send me your email via pm and i will invite you to the EMD slack

did you add nodes in your config ??

legendary
i love Emerald (EMD)
Couple suggestions....

- Could we get an bootstrap? Wallet takes forever to sync.

- Coinmarketcap still doesn't show this thread for ANN, which would be great for new people to see and interact.

bootstrap -> www.emeraldcrypto.de

announcement page, i will drop a message to coinmarketcap for this forum thread
Activity: 308
Merit: 101
These packets fly
Couple suggestions....

- Could we get an bootstrap? Wallet takes forever to sync.

- Coinmarketcap still doesn't show this thread for ANN, which would be great for new people to see and interact.

Hi,

I just sent you my email address.

No, I haven't added any nodes. Not sure of the process.

hey starpsy,

legendary
i love Emerald (EMD)
hey starpsy,

lol...

I don't know of too many internet service providers that block those higher ports.

I've never run any others. It might well be an issue with my firewall. Not sure how to check though.
usually when you first run the wallet, a windows system window will open and ask if you want to block or allow access.

Windows shows that my firewall is managed by the Norton firewall I have. I checked the Norton firewall settings, Emerald is on the list, and it has a setting of "allow" all inbound and outbound connections.
I've never used the bootstrap - so I don't know if it will connect while loading it

Seems like this import is going to take a pretty long time. I'm still 213 weeks behind - 77865 out of 4690000 blocks - and it's moving really slow.

So it's likely to be a long wait.
legendary

lol...

lol...

legendary
you can join the Emerald slack if you would like, I think this invite is still good:
https://emeraldcrypto.slack.com/x-106949126274-106949162802/signup

The link takes me to a signup page that requests an email address domain name that I don't have.
all well, worth a try.
Pazor will have to create a new invite link I guess.
you can join the Emerald slack if you would like, I think this invite is still good:

The link takes me to a signup page that requests an email address domain name that I don't have.
legendary

lol...

lol...

legendary
legendary

lol...

The wallet didn't create the directory: (C:\Users\*yourname*\AppData\Roaming\Emerald)

It also did not create the files.

Sorry for the late reply. I tried replying earlier but kept getting error messages.
What happens when you start the wallet and let it run ?
you do have folders in your C:\Users\*yourname*\AppData\Roaming folder right?

When I click on the wallet icon, the wallet opens and shows that "No block sources are available" on the bottom and that there are "0 active connections to Emerald network" in the lower right corner. That's it. I've done it more than once.

And no, I don't have that specific directory. The closest I have to this is C:\Users\*yourname*\. No AppData\Roaming at the end.
The Appdata folder is hidden.
You will have to open the control panel(right click on windows start/menu pick control panel), on the right of the control panel, use the drop down to change view to "small icons"
Click file explorer options.
view tab.
check "show hidden files ...."
while you are in there, you might want to uncheck "hide extensions of known file types" - it make life easier

now you should be able to see the appdata folder.

I find it strange your emerald wallet doesn't connect on it's own.
All well, one step at a time Smiley

oops, you are too fast for me ...

lol...

Pages:
Jump to: