Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ♻ Emrals - Rewarding City Cleanup | x11 PoW | Masternodes | IoT ♻ - page 3. (Read 4251 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 10
Hi fellows. You require to append token details to permit participants to join the project!
copper member
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

Website Twitter Discord BitcoinTalk

Emrals is now listed at Bitglo.io

EMRALS/BTC Market

Regards, BitgloBill

Activity: 32
Here are a couple updates:

1) Win 300 EMRALS to anyone who uses the app and uploads a report of trash
2) Tweet us a picture of trash or a cleanup and win EMRALS
3) We've been busy working on the app, here is a preview
4) We're in the process of listing on two big exchanges and another masternode listing service, all to be live sometime next week
5) Join our Discord to receive occasional rain rewards of EMRALS
what can i say, the mission is great but how far is the implementation here?
where can we see the results as already asked? hope, this is not just mn selling project...i wish they will focus also on their mission somewhere along the development.

I like projects devoted to environmental problems. This is very important now, besides there are opportunities to combine modern trends: ecology and cryptocurrency. I have not found anything on your website about the results, how does it work in practice?

Yes, we have been working on this project for a few years. We are now developing the third version of the Emrals app incorporating revisions and updates based on user feedback and research. Our beta testing was originally in NYC with a focus group from whom we gathered lots of great ideas on how to improve and make a greater impact. We are excited to see how Emrals will help with trash globally. In addition to the Emrals mobile app that rewards cleanup with crypto, we have developed a smart trash can, the eCan, and the prototypes are currently being used in several locations. We are working on building out the next prototype which will have further integration with the Emrals coin. The best application of Emrals coin will be to use it to fund cleanup around the world.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 158
what can i say, the mission is great but how far is the implementation here?
where can we see the results as already asked? hope, this is not just mn selling project...i wish they will focus also on their mission somewhere along the development.

I like projects devoted to environmental problems. This is very important now, besides there are opportunities to combine modern trends: ecology and cryptocurrency. I have not found anything on your website about the results, how does it work in practice?
Mining still on? As most pools have taken Emrals off.

Yes, mining is still on these pools:

Spurri
Weekend Pool
Minpool
Activity: 462
Merit: 290
Activity: 1078
Merit: 255
Mining still on? As most pools have taken Emrals off.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1462
Yes, I'm an asshole
Yes a self cleaner will require before and after.  The verification system will be someone looking at the pictures and saying "yeah, that looks like they cleaned up" or "nope, looks like they just kicked a can down the street" and they will then click a button to reward the EMRALS.

Interesting. I assume there would be some employees for this? Those "yeah" and "nope" are coming from the dedicated employee to minimalize the possibility of subjectivity, arent they?

Also, what's your opinion on having the trash picker to have to be able to put the trash on the specific trashcan? As many of us know, there are so many trashcan that's material specific, like organic, paper, can, wet trashes, etc.

To start out with we'll have the employees verifying.  Soon we will open it up to the public and have people who can validate it and get paid.  It would be great if the person recycles properly at the specific trashcan.  The eCan will help them sort it properly by taking a picture and doing some image recognition on it.

If I may suggest another, could you programmed your system to have a better reward (like 1.5x or even 2x) on a nature-heavy spots like mountain trails, beaches, forest camping grounds? It is not a secret that they suffer greatly from trashes and not like suburbs area or city centers, these spots has lower attendance, which make it has a lower people with awareness of the importance of cleaning.

If you somehow could think of a way to persuade people to focus on these area better (maybe with the higher reward like I suggest), it'll greatly help the nature
Activity: 23
Your team is doing very well and I hope to grow in the future
Yes a self cleaner will require before and after.  The verification system will be someone looking at the pictures and saying "yeah, that looks like they cleaned up" or "nope, looks like they just kicked a can down the street" and they will then click a button to reward the EMRALS.

Interesting. I assume there would be some employees for this? Those "yeah" and "nope" are coming from the dedicated employee to minimalize the possibility of subjectivity, arent they?

Also, what's your opinion on having the trash picker to have to be able to put the trash on the specific trashcan? As many of us know, there are so many trashcan that's material specific, like organic, paper, can, wet trashes, etc.

To start out with we'll have the employees verifying.  Soon we will open it up to the public and have people who can validate it and get paid.  It would be great if the person recycles properly at the specific trashcan.  The eCan will help them sort it properly by taking a picture and doing some image recognition on it.
Interesting. This project can make a real difference.
I have a question. Is this project US only? What do you plan on doing when it comes to the countries with high corruption levels? The people there would want a serious cut from your future earnings to let you do the cleanup, y'know?

It is global https://www.emrals.com/zones/ the people will be doing the cleanup.
Activity: 420
Merit: 105
I have a question. Is this project US only? What do you plan on doing when it comes to the countries with high corruption levels? The people there would want a serious cut from your future earnings to let you do the cleanup, y'know?
Impact zones are live - support local cleanup in your city by donating to it's address - https://www.emrals.com/zones/ -   Wondering how to get those Emrals in an impact zone?  Get the app - https://www.emrals.com/app/ and report or cleanup.
legendary
Yes, I'm an asshole

There will be an approval system where real people look at the before, after and proof pictures to judge if someone is gaming the system. 

And these real people will be... one of your employee? The citizens themselves? One of the cryptocommunity that happen to be around? One of the member of your project?

The citizens themselves

And these citizen themselves will not take picture because the "picker" ask them to do that, will they? Like, "hey, there are some trash out there, can you take some shoot of it on this condition, while I pick it, and the cleaned ones after I pick them"? Because if that's your concept, then we are going back toy previous question of how will you be sure the trash was not a mere set-up by the cheating picker?

And if your concept is the entirely opposite of the illustration above, you assume that without anyone asked their help to take a photo evidence of trash lying around, the citizen will miraculously have an initiative to do that, then waiting for people to take that, then take another photo of an already cleaned street, the whole scenario will be a little bit twisted, isn't it? Because if they do, then their moral compass need a better calibration. They waited for someone to take the trash instead of cleaning it up themselves. The aim to raise trash awareness is utterly failed on this scenario

We have tested a couple versions of the app already and based on feedback from users, we are updating it to include two methods for people to play the game. Some people have the "moral compass" to be a self-cleaner. We have a feature for them to be rewarded with the Impact Zones. And many people who don't have the time or energy, or desire to be a person who cleanups, they are already regularly reporting trash complaints to the city-- we are adding the picture taking, which has also been successful for other organizations around the world. We have analyzed what it is that keeps certain areas clean and it comes down to money. This is why we have created the coin. We can't rely on do-gooders to to do enough good to stop the trash problem. We want to pay people to do it who need the money-- like the can collectors who are already raiding recycle bins for the redemption program. In NYC, a single redemption location in Brooklyn brings in over half a million USD/year. There is money and reports being made in the system already. Emrals is working to bring it all together with the power of the blockchain.

How does the rewarding system for self-cleaner works? They don't require a before and after evidence, do they? So on what basis does the verification system works?

Activity: 454
Merit: 100
Check out the preview of our new app.  Let us know what you think - https://xd.adobe.com/view/209e325c-de84-4442-4519-7fa29b1ad81b-56af/
legendary
Yes, I'm an asshole

There will be an approval system where real people look at the before, after and proof pictures to judge if someone is gaming the system. 

And these real people will be... one of your employee? The citizens themselves? One of the cryptocommunity that happen to be around? One of the member of your project?

The citizens themselves

And these citizen themselves will not take picture because the "picker" ask them to do that, will they? Like, "hey, there are some trash out there, can you take some shoot of it on this condition, while I pick it, and the cleaned ones after I pick them"? Because if that's your concept, then we are going back toy previous question of how will you be sure the trash was not a mere set-up by the cheating picker?

And if your concept is the entirely opposite of the illustration above, you assume that without anyone asked their help to take a photo evidence of trash lying around, the citizen will miraculously have an initiative to do that, then waiting for people to take that, then take another photo of an already cleaned street, the whole scenario will be a little bit twisted, isn't it? Because if they do, then their moral compass need a better calibration. They waited for someone to take the trash instead of cleaning it up themselves. The aim to raise trash awareness is utterly failed on this scenario

We have tested a couple versions of the app already and based on feedback from users, we are updating it to include two methods for people to play the game. Some people have the "moral compass" to be a self-cleaner. We have a feature for them to be rewarded with the Impact Zones. And many people who don't have the time or energy, or desire to be a person who cleanups, they are already regularly reporting trash complaints to the city-- we are adding the picture taking, which has also been successful for other organizations around the world. We have analyzed what it is that keeps certain areas clean and it comes down to money. This is why we have created the coin. We can't rely on do-gooders to to do enough good to stop the trash problem. We want to pay people to do it who need the money-- like the can collectors who are already raiding recycle bins for the redemption program. In NYC, a single redemption location in Brooklyn brings in over half a million USD/year. There is money and reports being made in the system already. Emrals is working to bring it all together with the power of the blockchain.

How does the rewarding system for self-cleaner works? They don't require a before and after evidence, do they? So on what basis does the verification system works?
Pages:
Jump to: