Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] EntropyCoin [ENC] Scrypt-N - page 44. (Read 63061 times)

Activity: 132
Merit: 100
April 06, 2014, 07:52:16 PM
The coin is not dead, it is reborn as scrypt-n.

New wallet version 0.9.0 available! The coin is now scrypt-N!
Kimoto Gravity Well has also been added

Both Windows and Mac versions are available here:
http://entropycoins.com/downloads

Important Notes:
- Remember, as always, to backup your wallet .dat file(s) before installing the new version
- Update your entropycoin.conf file to use port 7758.
- You can no longer use CGMiner versions that do not support scrypt-N
- You must use a compatible miner such as Vertminer
- Please see the first post in this thread for information on using Vertminer

Thanks to all for your support and patience!
tz
Activity: 350
Merit: 251
April 06, 2014, 07:07:33 PM
Wallet no longer syncing... apparently this coin is dead.
Activity: 414
Merit: 250
April 06, 2014, 03:28:09 PM
Yes, that's right. Scrypt-N would just be a hard fork and wallet update. Part of that update will also include Kimoto Gravity Well. You will also need to user a scrypt-N compatible miner if mining.

Cute, brother.

I'm in.
Activity: 238
April 06, 2014, 01:35:27 PM
Yes, that's right. Scrypt-N would just be a hard fork and wallet update. Part of that update will also include Kimoto Gravity Well. You will also need to user a scrypt-N compatible miner if mining.

Please send me a PM or mail to [email protected] as soon as the source is available, we'll review it and get a market up on https://www.swaphole.com/ asap.
April 06, 2014, 01:27:23 PM
Yes, that's right. Scrypt-N would just be a hard fork and wallet update. Part of that update will also include Kimoto Gravity Well. You will also need to use a scrypt-N compatible miner if mining.
Activity: 428
Inactivity: 8963
April 06, 2014, 04:01:55 AM
Wonderful! Does it mean that with Scrypt-N there is no need of re-launch? Only hard fork and wallet update?
April 05, 2014, 07:55:54 PM
Update - Thanks to Rudolsen for the suggestion and links, I was able to compile the coin as Scrypt-N. What do you think of going this route? Or, would you still prefer the re-launch with Keccak?
April 05, 2014, 12:22:27 PM

I think that would be a good option as well. Some of you have mentioned the method of screen capture with current balance and wallet key. I think that would be a fair way to do it and we would build that into the premine for the new version. I'm looking at the code one more time thanks to a suggestion by Rudolsen. I will let you know later today how that turns out. I don't want to risk anyone losing coins which is the main concern. And, at the end of this process, hope to end up with a solid coin. Thanks again to all of you.
April 05, 2014, 07:17:16 AM

If this made  happened we could Just SET UP  deadline until coins would be refunded as bording line.

You mean something like: Everyone send their ENC scrypt coins to the dev, and after relaunch they receive the same amount of ENC SHA-3 coins?

Point taken.

Dev as gurantor of refundation process.  Would dev accept this challange? I think there aren't many holders of ENC. Whole processing ought to made instantly( a few days) and efficiently. Another point is our Dev is clever one. In order  to this statement it's possible to be succeed
April 05, 2014, 07:04:30 AM

If this made  happened we could Just SET UP  deadline until coins would be refunded as bording line.

You mean something like: Everyone sends their ENC scrypt coins to the dev, and after relaunch they receive the same amount of ENC SHA-3 coins?
April 05, 2014, 06:56:01 AM
etcdev, thank you to all hard work what you've made.

I've reconsidered our placement and finally option #2 would be most fair. For this one's who mined and supported earlier and for this one's who will do it first time during relaunch.

As rigthly QRV stated, the question is how we can fairly distribute mined coins and after that adopted them to relaunched one's.

And at least - to establish D-day ( ENC relaunch time).

April 05, 2014, 06:13:24 AM
Option number two would be the best choice.  But how to refund existing coins to the people?
April 04, 2014, 08:59:31 PM
The good news is that I was able to swap out the algorithm. The bad news is that when you do so, the existing wallet database becomes unusable. So, this leaves us with a few options. 1. Leave everything the way it is. 2. Make the changes and relaunch the coin. This means we would need to come up with some way to handle existing payouts. 3. Launch it as a new and different coin.

What does everyone think?

In the meantime, everything is online as it was and you should be able to continue to mine and use the coin.
Activity: 168
April 04, 2014, 12:04:38 PM

Now is your chance!

I wanted to remind everyone that in less than THREE HOURS we will have our next drawing, this means we will be adding two more coins to our exchange!
The good news is that you don't need to be at the top of the list for a chance to win, all you need is a minium of 100 votes (more is better, of course  Cheesy) and you will be entered into the random drawing which will be streamed live.

Vote now! @ https://www.cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=newcoin
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
'All that glitters is not gold'
April 03, 2014, 03:52:12 PM
@etcdev
When you launch a coin be sure that you have all prepared:

a nice essay: why people should mine your coin
algo type
wallet
pool list
block explorer
exchange list
bounty + bonuses

A nice graphic for your thread will catch the attention.
A nice logo of your coin will help x1000 times and make it memorable (Ex.: saw that black dragon from Black Dragon Coin ? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pre-annbdcthe-birth-of-black-dragon-coin-unique-scrypt-jane-fantasy-coin-520737 )

I don't mind to receive some tips, I need some beer to unleash my imagination  Cool

Activity: 238
April 03, 2014, 02:40:35 PM

Is this coin even alive? 2 pools, one dead, one without miners...
April 03, 2014, 10:55:36 AM
March 31, 2014, 09:36:43 PM
miningcrew, thank you for the post. The nodes are currently down, as requested, as the algorithm is swapped out. This was part of the same post you mentioned. This is being done on purpose so we can upgrade to keccak.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
March 31, 2014, 10:44:19 AM
Yes, challenge accepted.

After listening to the advice of the community and looking into it technically, it does appear possible to swap out the algorithm. We will be going with keccak.
But maybe you should first think about the basics?

I downloaded from github a few hours ago, but there is no way, that my wallet will sync (tried all nodes from this thread) ...

For me, that is not important, I will just forget about EntropyCoin, but most of the people:

1. will not try, as much as I did
2. do not have the knowledge, what they can do

There should be an easy and proven way to install a wallet (linux i win) with enough STABLE nodes.

Just my thoughts...

Activity: 63
Merit: 10
March 31, 2014, 10:24:44 AM
All are normal, nothing special, except the name.
Nice name.
However, I wonder how many people can understand the word "entropy".
Pages:
Jump to: