Author

Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning - page 1292. (Read 2003740 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
black swan hunter
January 26, 2014, 01:27:33 PM
Great project, lets wait for the actual IPO prospect and see exactly what is offered. But defiantly needed in some form!

The IPO prospectus?  Are you kidding me??  This is not a registered security and they have not filed the proper paperwork with SEC or any agency.  The prospectus will not be worth the ink on paper its printed on.  The prospectus they provide not be reviewed by the SEC, it will read like a marketing brochure.

You can take you SEC paperwork, roll it up, tape a string to the end of it, and use it as a tampon.
Activity: 364
January 26, 2014, 01:08:41 PM
Antonopoulos seems to be pushing ethereum. Although the project's stated goals is what he has been advocating for a while and in that sense this is not a surprise, I wonder what his opinions on the ipo structure is.
Activity: 323
January 26, 2014, 01:07:02 PM
I'm sorry but turn on the captions (speech recognition - cc button right below under the video) and you'll see that he says "work".... You might want to back down now....

Now hold on just a minute! You mean to tell me you'll trust YouTube to tell you what's what? YouTube is owned by Google... What if Google is setting you up to make you think Goldman Sachs is trying to control the future of cryptocurrency? I think we're stumbling onto the biggest conspiracy theory in history...

You've gotta be kidding me... Then let the community decide if he uses present or past tense. They now know where to look for it.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
January 26, 2014, 01:06:14 PM
I had a longer reply written up...but you know what it slowly became an angry post so I'll start simple...

I read your whitepaper, I've followed the news, I planned on investing...

So someone please explain to me, why a startup with no demo, beta, product, requires 30 million dollars (30000 btc) and 50% of the currency?

Its a currency, not a product, but sure...lets call it a product. Google didn't ask you for 30 million dollars and say you can only use our search engine 50% of the time or you only get every other result for your searches?

...30000 btc which can be ALOT more than 30 million dollars even by the time they launch (if we're following the overall trend) AND 50% of all coins owned?

Common people...

The money is for devs and the team?

Well this is my informal application....I'm a soft eng.... I'd like to become an insta millionaire please? even before we have a product.

Guys we're NOT doing this for the profit we just believe so much in what we're making. ( I hope I get hired)
Activity: 452
Merit: 251
January 26, 2014, 12:59:58 PM
I'm sorry but turn on the captions (speech recognition - cc button right below under the video) and you'll see that he says "work".... You might want to back down now....

Now hold on just a minute! You mean to tell me you'll trust YouTube to tell you what's what? YouTube is owned by Google... What if Google is setting you up to make you think Goldman Sachs is trying to control the future of cryptocurrency? I think we're stumbling onto the biggest conspiracy theory in history...
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
January 26, 2014, 12:57:32 PM
One after the other (Mike Hearn, Vitalik etc) the Bitcoin cartelists join the state, what a surprise!
They need to make real money their big BTC portfolios and SR was never an option for them, go figure..

Miners, early adopters and big investors - the three big cartels in Bitcoin world.
January 26, 2014, 12:53:31 PM
At 8:12 ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5FDvzj8YX4 ) in their introductory video the guy says: "we have....people who work for GS" (in present tense). You keep talking about people in the project who worked(in past tense) for GS . I know you may not like it but what you are asserting is simply not true.

When I listen to it, I hear "worked". I think it's a bit stupid going crazy about this, but it's the latest fixation. I guess we'll find out what the big GS plot is soon enough.

January 26, 2014, 12:45:34 PM
At 8:12 ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5FDvzj8YX4 ) in their introductory video the guy says: "we have....people who work for GS" (in present tense). You keep talking about people in the project who worked(in past tense) for GS . I know you may not like it but what you are asserting is simply not true.

When I listen to it, I hear "worked". I think it's a bit stupid going crazy about this, but it's the latest fixation. I guess we'll find out what the big GS plot is soon enough.
January 26, 2014, 12:40:39 PM
I think eth developers have been brainwashed by goldman sachs in believing they are going to change the world

I feel bad for Charles. Guy mentions that someone who worked for Goldman Sachs in the past has interest in the project and a new Internet conspiracy theory is born. If Goldman Sachs is secretly engineering a plot to troll everyone on the Internet, they'd be smart enough to not get Charles to announce it in a YouTube video. Besides, if you knew how deeply embedded those corporations are in Bitcoin, you'd burn your hard drive to a crisp in a bonfire. Keep on derpin'!

January 26, 2014, 12:29:27 PM
I think eth developers have been brainwashed by goldman sachs in believing they are going to change the world

I feel bad for Charles. Guy mentions that someone who worked for Goldman Sachs in the past has interest in the project and a new Internet conspiracy theory is born. If Goldman Sachs is secretly engineering a plot to troll everyone on the Internet, they'd be smart enough to not get Charles to announce it in a YouTube video. Besides, if you knew how deeply embedded those corporations are in Bitcoin, you'd burn your hard drive to a crisp in a bonfire. Keep on derpin'!
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
January 26, 2014, 12:13:05 PM
legendary
January 26, 2014, 12:10:57 PM
Vitalik is a 19 y.o. child - IQ is irrelevant here, he can be gamed very easily...

Bill Gates founded Micro$oft at 20. Say what you will about Microsoft and its collusion with power structures... Investing on day 1 might have been a good  move,  had you had the opportunity to do so... Which of the frontrunners in this space...Etherium, Mastercoin, NXT, Invictus... which are currency, smart property solutions, and which are distributed OS?
I have invested in all of them and I will invest in Ethereum too, only difference is I know I invest to Google or Microsoft here...

No anarcho/will change the world illusions!
Activity: 234
Merit: 105
January 26, 2014, 12:08:54 PM
Vitalik is a 19 y.o. child - IQ is irrelevant here, he can be gamed very easily...

Bill Gates founded Micro$oft at 20. Say what you will about Microsoft and its collusion with power structures... Investing on day 1 might have been a good  move,  had you had the opportunity to do so... Which of the frontrunners in this space...Etherium, Mastercoin, NXT, Invictus... which are currency, smart property solutions, and which are distributed OS?
January 26, 2014, 11:45:14 AM
The fundraising starts on feb 1st and goes for 2 months, but when does eth actually officially launch?

No date has been announced yet. All we know is that it'll be a few months. First there'll be a contest regarding Dagger/Slasher involving many research groups, then testnet mining I imagine, and then finally mainnet mining in a few months. You can actually check out and clone/compile code right now in a few languages.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
January 26, 2014, 11:38:43 AM
The fundraising starts on feb 1st and goes for 2 months, but when does eth actually officially launch?
January 26, 2014, 10:57:41 AM
@organizer: We are here to exchange ideas. I disagree with you that nobody will change his/her mind. This had happened to me several times in the past by reading other views on a topic.

As surprising as it might sound from me, I might invest in Ethereum and get out before the pump phase is over. The basic idea is ingenious, I respect Vitalik very much. But until the role of Goldman Sachs hasn't been clarified I won't trust this project.
Activity: 602
Merit: 268
Internet of Value
January 26, 2014, 10:47:37 AM
Think about it. It is only half joking.

UtopianFuture's rules of crypto industry's successes :

1. Inventor of revolutionary and successful crypto is anonymous and not asking for money

2. Makers of crypto clones can be successful and and not anonymous if they don't ask for money

3. If you think inventors of successful crypto can ask for money and not be anonymous, see rule number 1

More bullshit from you.  Now you are trying to fear monger people into thinking that all  government is bad and we should never obey the law because...who the fuk knows why?  Im not a big fan of government, but am I a fan of full disclosure and filing proper paperwork and bonds to insure that people don't get ripped off?  Hell yes.  Anyone who keeps repeating that government is bad bad bad because they dont want to file the correct paperwork and disclosures is obviously hiding something.  You are a cockroach, I read some of your previous posts and you obviously have an interest in ethereum being successful so you are willing to tell people that they are government lovers if they want transparency.  Frack you.

It costs $800,000 in legal costs and filing fees to do an IPO. This money is much better used to fund development than to feed parasites.

Your content, vocabulary, and grammar all reveal an incredible lack of class.

So you are saying your company refuses to comply with rules and regulations to save money for development? LMAO you just made me laugh in public.  A venture capitalist could fund twenty coins like ethereum with 36 million and have money left over for a Mercedes for every employee.  Why don't you just raise 36.8 million who the fuk would notice anyways?  Whats another 800,000 among strangers, at least people would have peace of mind and know what they are getting into.  You are not only rude and crass but you are ignorant as well.

A rule of thumb, any company that refuses to comply with regulations to save money or save in fees.  If it is that easy to deceive the government, how much easier to steal your money?  Companies that skirt laws from inception will never last long.

Rule number two:  Never fuckin invest a dime into a company when the principle owners dont have one cent invested.

Rule number three:  Trust but ALWAYS verify
legendary
January 26, 2014, 10:43:13 AM
Do you remember yourself at this age? A pussy is enough for most...

Welcome to my block list. Cheesy In all seriousness, people who bitch about Vitalik being 19 are so obviously intimidated and insecure about the fact that some "kid" is far more intelligent and sure of himself than all of the people pushing this age bs combined. I wish more would see this and support people like Vitalik. Our community ought to lift them up and help them, instead of tripping over our egos and trying to break them down because we can't handle it.
Satoshi was no idiot to stay anonymous IMO.

Now if ANYONE in this biz wants to be eponymous and avoid being bought/fucked/gamed by the status quo...
Let alone a 19 y.o. kid - he is either naive (like dacoin and Invictus) or he is one of them.
January 26, 2014, 10:35:31 AM

Welcome to my block list. Cheesy In all seriousness, people who bitch about Vitalik being 19 are so obviously intimidated and insecure about the fact that some "kid" is far more intelligent and sure of himself than all of the people pushing this age bs combined. I wish more would see this and support people like Vitalik. Our community ought to lift them up and help them, instead of tripping over our egos and trying to break them down because we can't handle it.
legendary
January 26, 2014, 10:29:03 AM

This shit has to stop. His age is absolutely irrelevant. It is no different than discriminating against him on the basis of race or sex, or anything else. You can obviously be gamed pretty easily if you prescribe to that point of view.
Jump to: