Author

Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping - page 271. (Read 2115876 times)

Activity: 247
Merit: 250
Paul Snow used to post here occasionally but due to a few impatient brats he's departed once and for all.

Look guys, most of us are lucky to be little fleas riding on this big pigs back so hang on and enjoy the ride.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

Dear all,

We like this forum for discussion about Factom, organic discussion between Factom supporters. However for updates we actually use our social media channels.
Some of our Devs (i.e. Brian Deery and Paul Snow) occasionally post on this forum too trying to answer support questions as best as they can and with the little time they have.
They both are working very hard, together with the rest of the team, to deliver on our next software release.

When Milestone 2 is ready we will announce it on all our channels and here as well.
But we are not going to reply to every question or trying to calm down worries regarding FCT price, nor give a weekly update if there's no update to give.

FCT price is what it is, it goes up and down like every other coin.
It may go up in the future it may not, make sure you guys evaluate your risks appropriately.
We don't spend any time promoting FCT and we won't do that in the foreseeable future.
We don't give investment advice and we believe the value of FCT will reflect the value of the network when it goes live after Milestone 3 and beyond.

If you want to follow Factom more closely we recommend following us on:

The above channels are were we are most active.

Let us not forget this post.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
I don't want the conversation to die.  Very odd to me how there is very little interaction with the very large Factom staff here.  Outsiders can only say so much without factual grist input for the mill to grind upon.

I totally agree. And in this I think crazyivan has a point: Factom doesn't do a good job of communicating with the broader FCT community. There's been discussion in the past about whether or not, or to what extent, Factom is "obligated" to communicate with the broader community. And actually I think there were good points on both sides. To me it's still an open question.

YES! I absolutely agree. Being silent on these kind of news or even hints is EXTREMELY counterproductive. The whole point is for the world to KNOW about Factom, to increase user base, to increase global usage and acceptance. So WTF is the problem to post on social media, here, on their blog more then once every 3 months.

As much as the team might be good in developing the produce, marketing side is ..... well ..... inadequate.
Activity: 385
I don't want the conversation to die.  Very odd to me how there is very little interaction with the very large Factom staff here.  Outsiders can only say so much without factual grist input for the mill to grind upon.

I totally agree. And in this I think crazyivan has a point: Factom doesn't do a good job of communicating with the broader FCT community. There's been discussion in the past about whether or not, or to what extent, Factom is "obligated" to communicate with the broader community. And actually I think there were good points on both sides. To me it's still an open question.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Microsoft and Mootipass Bet Identity Could Be Blockchains’ Killer App
http://observer.com/2016/08/mootipass-blockchain-identity-brad-chun/

Department of Homeland Security Awards Blockchain Tech Development Grants for Identity Management and Privacy Protection
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/department-of-homeland-security-awards-blockchain-tech-development-grants-for-identity-management-and-privacy-protection-1471551442

"In June, the S&T awarded a $199,000 contract to Factom to study possible blockchain-based advancements for the security of digital identities for the Internet of Things (IoT) — the upcoming connection and convergence of mobile devices, information technology networks, connected sensors and devices."

See the connection?? Good things come to those who wait Smiley

Did you read the last paragraph?

Mooti faces a rival with deep pockets. Rhodes’ blog post says that Microsoft has been collaborating with blockchain startups to build “an open source, self-sovereign, blockchain-based identity system that allows people, products, apps and services to interoperate across blockchains, cloud providers, and organizations.”

Sound familiar?

I bet money there's a Microsoft deal out there waiting to be announced.

Cool stuff. Would not surprise me!

If I'm a large company like Microsoft or IBM that is interested in Blockchain tech, you can damn well bet I invest in Factom.

Department of Homeland Security Awards Blockchain Tech Development Grants for Identity Management and Privacy Protection
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/department-of-homeland-security-awards-blockchain-tech-development-grants-for-identity-management-and-privacy-protection-1471551442

"In June, the S&T awarded a $199,000 contract to Factom to study possible blockchain-based advancements for the security of digital identities for the Internet of Things (IoT) — the upcoming connection and convergence of mobile devices, information technology networks, connected sensors and devices."

Mooti faces a rival with deep pockets. Rhodes’ blog post says that Microsoft has been collaborating with blockchain startups to build “an open source, self-sovereign, blockchain-based identity system that allows people, products, apps and services to interoperate across blockchains, cloud providers, and organizations.”

Sound familiar?

Cool stuff. Would not surprise me!

Sound familiar?

legendary
Activity: 938
I don't want the conversation to die.  Very odd to me how there is very little interaction with the very large Factom staff here.  Outsiders can only say so much without factual grist input for the mill to grind upon.
Looks like the conversation's died ... did you scare everyone away again, crazyivan?
Activity: 406
Commits on Aug 18, 2016
 @carryforward   carryforward   moved leader identity payment to non-zero ec address         49caf19
@ThePiachu   ThePiachu   Changed test to an executable         5c8db4c
 @ThePiachu   ThePiachu   Re-enabled proper tests         81d495b
 @ThePiachu   ThePiachu   Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/m2-thursday' into longTest         ad9c5ac

M2 s finally ready?

nope, expect it by summer 2056 AD

Nice one, it seems some of you have been holding for a long, long, LONG time.
Activity: 476
Join @DJohnstonEC (Chairman of @factom Inc) @leoncfu & myself (the Oracles of Cryptocurrency™) for a @factom Investor Q&A - Tue 8-23 @8pmEST

https://mobile.twitter.com/HeyTaiZen/status/765943860241498114

thats is great.. they are my sifu (master)  Cool
Join @DJohnstonEC (Chairman of @factom Inc) @leoncfu & myself (the Oracles of Cryptocurrency™) for a @factom Investor Q&A - Tue 8-23 @8pmEST

https://mobile.twitter.com/HeyTaiZen/status/765943860241498114
Activity: 1150
Merit: 502
Commits on Aug 18, 2016
 @carryforward   carryforward   moved leader identity payment to non-zero ec address         49caf19
 @ThePiachu   ThePiachu   Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/m2-thursday' into longTest         ad9c5ac

M2 s finally ready?

nope, expect it by summer 2056 AD
Activity: 406
Commits on Aug 18, 2016

M2 s finally ready?
Commits on Aug 18, 2016
Well, take a look at the number of Factoids being burnt. At this rate, it would take 50 years to see any meaningful reduction in number of available tokens.

OK, but the point is the rate is increasingly near-exponentially ...

it must be used and usable.

Happily, it's both ...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RUZLxxoAfT3C5jIJ144DLYdztYe_sqrKqbTlZuD05-s/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=445871101
Activity: 556
Merit: 500
Well, take a look at the number of Factoids being burnt. At this rate, it would take 50 years to see any meaningful reduction in number of available tokens.

it must be used and usable.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
Jump to: