Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] FIMK: 2.5G POS, extra block rewards, messaging, asset colors, p2p shopping - page 64. (Read 184335 times)

Activity: 285
Merit: 251
Hello

I wanted to ask if there is any risk associated with forging if done with a downloaded "local" client?

And aliases can still not be created right?

Is Fimk Ry devs forging with the unreleased fimk balances as well ?

I don't see any risks in forging with a downloaded client running on your local machine. your password will stay locally, I see no risk.

I was able to create aliases? So I think creating aliases should be possible also for you?
Activity: 281
Merit: 250
Reward the first account whose balance is less than or equal to 1M FIM starting at block 10,000.  That's an easy way to skew the rewards toward small stakeholders.

Give 50% to account at 10,000 (likely to be large stakeholder) and 50% to first small account following block 10,000 (guaranteed to be small stakeholder).
What prevents the large stakeholders from dividing their holdings to several smaller accounts, if we start to considerably favor small accounts? The annoyance just slows them down and wastes energy.

I'm not sure how the math works, but will X amount of FIMK forge the same number of blocks split across multiple accounts as it will in a single account?

Yes, same amount. But it would require huge amounts of accounts to be generated by big account-owner, 1800 accounts for that 18 million to take it down to 10000 balance each. I would not do it if I forged millions in a year anyway.

Brilliant idea btw to split it in two Cool Only I would correct that either one of the two blocks in a row are as likely to be forged by a big stakeholder since that square number block is just a regular block like the rest of them. But the odds that the same account forges two in a row is way lower.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Reward the first account whose balance is less than or equal to 1M FIM starting at block 10,000.  That's an easy way to skew the rewards toward small stakeholders.

Give 50% to account at 10,000 (likely to be large stakeholder) and 50% to first small account following block 10,000 (guaranteed to be small stakeholder).
What prevents the large stakeholders from dividing their holdings to several smaller accounts, if we start to considerably favor small accounts? The annoyance just slows them down and wastes energy.

I'm not sure how the math works, but will X amount of FIMK forge the same number of blocks split across multiple accounts as it will in a single account?
Activity: 773
Merit: 500
Heatledger.com

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
I am a large FIM holder (from IPO) and I even I think it would be nice to have incentives for smaller FIM holders to get involved.
We'll think this through how to arrange it, but it's very difficult to do without skewing the incentives towards unfairness.

Bonus rewards are not paid very often, so random variance will play a big role and even small time forgers have a considerable chance of hitting the bonanza on one of them.

Activity: 773
Heatledger.com
Block 10000 was forged by account with 18+ million FIMK i.e. one of the two gigantic stakeholders from ipo. Account has forged 120000 pos-rewards already and now gets 10000 as bonus.  http://80.240.143.139/blocks/10247

..So the average guy would propably just abandon the whole thing feeling it is not equal chance for her/him anymore.
This was sheer stroke of luck. All other accounts together probably had better probability of forging that one, but it went this way now. No reason to use that as an implication of anything sinister. Lady Fortuna's attention skips us once in a while when she has to attend for more important things!
legendary
Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000
I have a challenge for the FIMK community. A friend of mine and his wife are going cycle from London to Paris on the 5th - 8th August to raise funds for a charity. Their goal is to raise £3000 in 28 days until the event. You can read more about their cause here http://bike4youth.tumblr.com/cause

Neither of them are cyclist so this is quite a challenge for them and I really want to help them out as much as I can therefore I have set up a donations account below and will donate 100,000 FIMK to their cause now and until the 5th of August all the FIMK I forge.

I made a few calculations and at the current BTC and FIMK rates £3000 translates to roughly 1,700,000 FIMK. That 's not too much to ask and seeing as this is a new crytpo and the forging working brilliantly, I think something great to get involved in.

I also propose that all the donations received over £3000 stay in the donations account to keep forging and then monthly we donate what's forged to the same or other charities.

Lets get donating to

FIM-8HX6-YR69-FQ6W-5MGNX

**** NB All distributions will be documented and there will always be clear visibility as to when the money is donated to the charities.***

Bullshit gtfo with your scam. I can set up a website + story in few minutes create a new address send 100k to it and let it look like its legit. After the time runs out Im gonna disappear with the donations, bye.

No need to be rude mate and before you call it a scam did you even bother to click on any one of the links to see which charity is supported. Since you claim it so easy to set up a scam maybe your the one with the people should be aware of.

I'm sure the charity is legit but noone knows if you are. If you really want to do this get a trusted escrow to hold the funds. You might have good intentions, you probably do, but money can easily corrupt people.

I too used to have trust and faith in humanity until I came onto the crypto scene and was scammed for 15btc @600usd.

good luck
hyo
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hello

I wanted to ask if there is any risk associated with forging if done with a downloaded "local" client?

And aliases can still not be created right?

Is Fimk Ry devs forging with the unreleased fimk balances as well ?

Block 10000 was forged by account with 18+ million FIMK i.e. one of the two gigantic stakeholders from ipo. Account has forged 120000 pos-rewards already and now gets 10000 as bonus.  http://80.240.143.139/blocks/10247

One has to look it from the point of view of average future user which is hopefully the Finnish citizen who will get 100 a month. It is obvious she/he will feel offended by the idea that someone with big stake will will get the same amount as reward what she/he will have to wait for 100 months to collect (if the distribution even ever will last that long). So the average guy would propably just abandon the whole thing feeling it is not equal chance for her/him anymore.

Any chance to reconsider this kind of idea?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7720567
Activity: 37
I have a challenge for the FIMK community. A friend of mine and his wife are going cycle from London to Paris on the 5th - 8th August to raise funds for a charity. Their goal is to raise £3000 in 28 days until the event. You can read more about their cause here http://bike4youth.tumblr.com/cause

Neither of them are cyclist so this is quite a challenge for them and I really want to help them out as much as I can therefore I have set up a donations account below and will donate 100,000 FIMK to their cause now and until the 5th of August all the FIMK I forge.

I made a few calculations and at the current BTC and FIMK rates £3000 translates to roughly 1,700,000 FIMK. That 's not too much to ask and seeing as this is a new crytpo and the forging working brilliantly, I think something great to get involved in.

I also propose that all the donations received over £3000 stay in the donations account to keep forging and then monthly we donate what's forged to the same or other charities.

Lets get donating to

FIM-8HX6-YR69-FQ6W-5MGNX

**** NB All distributions will be documented and there will always be clear visibility as to when the money is donated to the charities.***

Bullshit gtfo with your scam. I can set up a website + story in few minutes create a new address send 100k to it and let it look like its legit. After the time runs out Im gonna disappear with the donations, bye.

No need to be rude mate and before you call it a scam did you even bother to click on any one of the links to see which charity is supported. Since you claim it so easy to set up a scam maybe your the one with the people should be aware of.
Activity: 697
Activity: 128
Merit: 100

Lets get donating to

FIM-8HX6-YR69-FQ6W-5MGNX

100,000 donation made to FIM-8HX6-YR69-FQ6W-5MGNX

Lets get donating to

FIM-8HX6-YR69-FQ6W-5MGNX

legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
Angel investor.
Made a Facebook Fanpage @ https://www.facebook.com/FIMKrypto

Nice work. Would you consider transferring access rights to Krypto FIN ry. for us to effectively be able to use the particular account for promotion, announcements and related things please?

I have followed it in Facebook Grin
Activity: 22
So, if not talking about citizens distribution, amount will _double_ only after 1238 days.
But, after 308 days amount will be multiplied by (333+178)/333=1.53

Yes, true. I made this visible in a second sheet (first 308 days only), which can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n5kEzl2iejum6n8euqaAqVtXa5KSXdQGChsiT1ypl_c/edit?usp=sharing
Activity: 189
Merit: 100

Fantastic! Thanks. So basically roughly around 500 days anyone forging with any amount would double her/his initial stake.
And I was wrong originally, you can not calculate it as interest so it is not cumulative in that sense. Facepalm, let me have it Grin
It can't be 500 days. This spreadsheet is wrong. Smiley

• 333,14 million FIMK distributed to stakeholders (you can be one) by Jul 1st 2014

• 333,72 million FIMK distributed as block rewards during ~4 years after launch

FORGER_FEE_STAGE 1: 200 (DAY 0 to DAY 308)
FORGER_FEE_STAGE 2: 100 (DAY 309 to DAY 618)
FORGER_FEE_STAGE 3: 50 (DAY 619 to DAY 928)
FORGER_FEE_STAGE 4: 25 (DAY 929 to DAY 1238)

TOTAL FEE STAGE 1 177984000
TOTAL FEE STAGE 2 88992000
TOTAL FEE STAGE 3 44496000
TOTAL FEE STAGE 4 22248000
So, if not talking about citizens distribution, amount will _double_ only after 1238 days.
But, after 308 days amount will be multiplied by (333+178)/333=1.53
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
A possible bug report - when using hosted FIMK to forge, and logging out then in again, I see "not forging" (I do see new forged amounts).
Activity: 22
Fantastic! Thanks. So basically roughly around 500 days anyone forging with any amount would double her/his initial stake.
And I was wrong originally, you can not calculate it as interest so it is not cumulative in that sense. Facepalm, let me have it Grin

I think it's a fair 1st-order approximation, but a more precise model would take into account the total number of coins forging (which is growing as they are rewarded) and also after about 90 days the basic income distribution will start, and we can only guess at how popular this will be.

Is there some way the number of coins which are forging can be deduced in (semi) real-time?

Pages:
Jump to: