Pages:
Author

Topic: ★★ [ANN] GiftCoin [GFT] Reignited - Giftcoin is back! [BIG COMEBACK] ★★ - page 2. (Read 5860 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

what about those coins which we bought when first it was launched ??

what about them? they are still in your wallet, hope you didn't delete them
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

what about those coins which we bought when first it was launched ??
all wallet should be sync now, new block popped out few minutes ago lol
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
The total amount of the coin was reduced to 6600000 or 10000000, is a feasible method
doge's current hash could fix our problem in 8 minutes Tongue
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
He mister Dev, so you back from your 2 week vacation or what ? You launched a coin then you go missing, the coins goes dead, stuck at high difficulty you are no where to be seen or heard from and now after 2 weeks you come back and you created a forum, that is it ? you really think people gonna start mining this coin again at this high difficulty because you created a forum ?  Roll Eyes

Last block was mined 29 hours ago, as long as you dont fix the difficulty with a hard fork, this coin will remain dead. Go fix that first before you try anything else
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Social experiment / Pulls hashrate from other coins? lol
Activity: 14
I'm not trying to be a dick or fight you on the fact that the coin is on life support, but do you know how crazy your basement conspiracy theory of a magical exchange popping up sounds?

That's my problem too. This coin is totally useless at the moment. It cannot be dumped. Dev has zero profit from it. No exchange popped up at all! What's more, it is impossible at the moment, since block confirmation is extremely slow.

I still don't understand what is this whole thing about. This coin isn't good for anyone. Miners has no revenue, dev neither, pools can't do anything with collected fees and even if someone wold like to print out a gift card, he/she could not use it, since nobody accepts it.

What is the point of this slow and agonizing death with zero profit?
I'm not trying to be a dick or fight you on the fact that the coin is on life support, but do you know how crazy your basement conspiracy theory of a magical exchange popping up sounds?

Like I said, whether it did pop up or didn't, the fact remains the dev isn't interested in long-term support, and was never interested in support once the difficulty got high. It certainly smells of a hopeful pump/dump. And if no exchange ever existed, that only makes it more hilarious of a failcoin. This is one of the few altcoins with not even 5 pages of threads yet.

Name me an exchange where he could have dumped it? LOL

An exchange popped up for a few seconds at the beginning from what I remember, but I could be wrong. It could be a wholly failed attempt at pump/dump.

Either way.. dead coin.

He doesn't care, he used the coin to get BTC.

But how?

pump/dump: build a lot of hype over a coin, get a bunch of folks to mine it: this increases its perceived value far above its actual value (pumping), then dump the coin on an exchange for all the BTC you can get.

afterward, leave the coin. you're left with BTC and a dead coin. many of these altcoins are pump/dump, even dogecoin, which appears to be a long-con. I will say dogecoin is still very valuable though.

An exchange popped up for a few seconds at the beginning from what I remember, but I could be wrong. It could be a wholly failed attempt at pump/dump.

Either way.. dead coin.

But how?

pump/dump: build a lot of hype over a coin, get a bunch of folks to mine it: this increases its perceived value far above its actual value (pumping), then dump the coin on an exchange for all the BTC you can get.

afterward, leave the coin. you're left with BTC and a dead coin. many of these altcoins are pump/dump, even dogecoin, which appears to be a long-con. I will say dogecoin is still very valuable though.

But how?

Has the forking issue resolved already? I mined it for a week, half of the blocks got orphaned.

The new client (1.03) has been released on all platforms (windows, ubuntu, mac, osx). The network will be switched over the first week of february, this gives time for the folks to upgrade.

There are still orphans but this could be good: not as many people are mining the coin, so the difficulty is half what it was, which means you could possibly get more coins now than a few weeks from now.

Unlike giftcoin, TAG has a huge backing, and 2014 will see nice value increases.

But how?

TAG is going to have a value increase in February though.

Has the forking issue resolved already? I mined it for a week, half of the blocks got orphaned.

The only reason I even post here is to try and keep people from mining the coin, because they're wasting their efforts. If you want to mine something worth value, join tagmining.com and mine TAG. Or LTC or FTC or something.

TAG is going to have a value increase in February though.

The difficulty retarget is every 2,000 some blocks. The last I checked the network was at 1,900 some blocks. I figure it's at 1,850 now. If it takes 1 day to find 1.5 blocks (2 days for 3, according to the guy above), then do the math:

1850 / 1.5 = 1233 days = 3.38 years before the difficulty is fixed.

Strange, it's like talking to a television. Pointless. Dev sometimes writes a stirring post, and then disappears. We keep complaining and no answer, not a single answer from him. I don't really understand. Why is it good for him to push this whole thing? He doesn't earn anything from a coin, which has no exchange and totally useless. The only logical answer is he really want to keep alive this coin, but then why doesn't he do more for it?  Huh
basically we have to tell the doge crowd to mine this for a couple hour LOL
i stopped by and mined for a bit...but i just can't bring myself to stay there...is the dev done with his coin?

No. The dev created this coin as a pump/dump to make BTC, and then left it to die.

the most frustrating part is that we know this coin will stabilise once the current difficulty is gone...

Like having a wait out the island but too lazy to swim towards it LOL

No, it's like swimming from the North pole to the South pole.

I like this coin, but it's very difficult to mine. How to solve diff problem?  Cry

The difficulty retarget is every 2,000 some blocks. The last I checked the network was at 1,900 some blocks. I figure it's at 1,850 now. If it takes 1 day to find 1.5 blocks (2 days for 3, according to the guy above), then do the math:

1850 / 1.5 = 1233 days = 3.38 years before the difficulty is fixed.
the most frustrating part is that we know this coin will stabilise once the current difficulty is gone...

Like having a wait out the island but too lazy to swim towards it LOL
Pages:
Jump to: