Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] GLBSE has a new look! - page 2. (Read 5351 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
May 01, 2012, 10:21:17 PM

Does GLBSE offer some sort of parsable market stream?

I currently import the market data into a spreadsheet for analysis and updates to allow me to track portfolio value and a few other things.  It's on a schedule, but I can refresh when I need to.  I don't bother with every trade (but I think that's available).

So, yes, the data should be around.

I have added a link to all updated history starting on April 2, 2012 [ DO NOT POST SESC LINKS ]here[/url].

You linked with your session ID; the thread is here.

How are you getting the raw market data? Are you pulling it off Twitter, or does Nefario offer that publicly?

Lol, fixed that.

I just pull it off of using the Twitter API then make it look nice in a table.  I have it update every hour for now.
Activity: 560
Ad astra.
May 01, 2012, 10:18:55 PM

I currently import the market data into a spreadsheet for analysis and updates to allow me to track portfolio value and a few other things.  It's on a schedule, but I can refresh when I need to.  I don't bother with every trade (but I think that's available).

I have added a link to all updated history starting on April 2, 2012 [ DO NOT POST SESC LINKS ]here[/url].

You linked with your session ID; the thread is here.

How are you getting the raw market data? Are you pulling it off Twitter, or does Nefario offer that publicly?
May 01, 2012, 10:09:54 PM

I have added a link to all updated history starting on April 2, 2012 here.
Activity: 518
May 01, 2012, 10:02:35 PM

I currently import the market data into a spreadsheet for analysis and updates to allow me to track portfolio value and a few other things.  It's on a schedule, but I can refresh when I need to.  I don't bother with every trade (but I think that's available).

Ad astra.
May 01, 2012, 09:52:09 PM

Long-term, it'd be great for users to have their own "favorites" stocks they like to track, which could be set up through their preference settings.  When GLBSE gets to be 300-400 stocks large, you want a way for users to visually pare that back a bit to just assets they're interested in.

A real-time streaming ticker would be awesome at some point, but that might be asking too much at this stage.  Smiley

IMO all of these suggestions should be done by 3rd parties and not GLBSE.  Does anyone go to nyse.com to track the stocks they are interested?
[/quote]

May 01, 2012, 09:48:44 PM

Long-term, it'd be great for users to have their own "favorites" stocks they like to track, which could be set up through their preference settings.  When GLBSE gets to be 300-400 stocks large, you want a way for users to visually pare that back a bit to just assets they're interested in.

A real-time streaming ticker would be awesome at some point, but that might be asking too much at this stage.  Smiley

IMO all of these suggestions should be done by 3rd parties and not GLBSE.  Does anyone go to nyse.com to track the stocks they are interested?
Activity: 518
May 01, 2012, 09:30:07 PM
Thanks for the new site, and changing the "Ask" ordering.

Should the depth charts be cumulative?  I know there are different views on that, but the point by point ones have less information content.
Activity: 341
Merit: 250
May 01, 2012, 09:27:28 PM
A real-time streaming ticker would be awesome at some point, but that might be asking too much at this stage.  Smiley

http://twitter.com/#!/glbse

Basically the same thing.

Didn't realize that was available, thanks!
Ad astra.
May 01, 2012, 09:23:07 PM
A real-time streaming ticker would be awesome at some point, but that might be asking too much at this stage.  Smiley

http://twitter.com/#!/glbse

Basically the same thing.
May 01, 2012, 09:21:49 PM
There really isn't a reason to extend prices all the way to 8 decimal places on the main assets page; 2 should be plenty.  It'd make the overall page a lot cleaner.

I'd also agree with above comments about too much space between rows.

Overall though, great update, thanks for all your work on the site!

I would differ; I'm all for accuracy. More digits may not be important for all stocks, but they are for some.

Accuracy is important, especially when you're looking at the stock-specific page; but for the main assets page 2 or 3 decimal places should be fine.

Ad astra.
May 01, 2012, 09:06:50 PM
There really isn't a reason to extend prices all the way to 8 decimal places on the main assets page; 2 should be plenty.  It'd make the overall page a lot cleaner.

I would differ; I'm all for accuracy. More digits may not be important for all stocks, but they are for some.

In that case, may I suggest a compromise?

If you see the bet amounts on bitcoinrps.com, the significant figures are written in black, and the opacity of the remaining zeros is dropped lower.

Bitcoinica also does a similar thing where they write the first few digits large, and then the remaining ones in a smaller font.

I prefer Bitcoinica's approach; it fits well with Bootstrap. Not sure how easy it would be to implement, though.
Activity: 630
May 01, 2012, 08:58:37 PM

In that case, may I suggest a compromise?

If you see the bet amounts on bitcoinrps.com, the significant figures are written in black, and the opacity of the remaining zeros is dropped lower.

Bitcoinica also does a similar thing where they write the first few digits large, and then the remaining ones in a smaller font.
Ad astra.
May 01, 2012, 08:42:07 PM
There really isn't a reason to extend prices all the way to 8 decimal places on the main assets page; 2 should be plenty.  It'd make the overall page a lot cleaner.

May 01, 2012, 08:39:13 PM
There really isn't a reason to extend prices all the way to 8 decimal places on the main assets page; 2 should be plenty.  It'd make the overall page a lot cleaner.

Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
May 01, 2012, 08:22:13 PM
A 0.2% fee to directly transfer an asset between accounts. This transfer fee is not applicable to assets that have had less than 20 BTC of volume since the inception of the asset. This transfer fee will be based on the asset's average traded price over the last 5 days it was traded, or the assets initial price if no trading has taken place.

I am sorry, I didn't fully understand it. I issued AA asset and thus I have AA and BTC accounts in my profile. Does the fee apply when I send shares from my AA account to my BTC account?

No fee for transfers between users own accounts.
Activity: 476
May 01, 2012, 08:13:57 PM
Didn't take the time to read all this.

IMO the spacing is too large, stretches the site down too much

Also, thank you for the depth chart!
Ad astra.
May 01, 2012, 07:45:07 PM
Server is fine, the issues is connection speed and bandwidth.

It's something I'm working on.

Righty-o. Best of luck!
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
May 01, 2012, 07:42:56 PM
Server is fine, the issues is connection speed and bandwidth.

It's something I'm working on.
Ad astra.
May 01, 2012, 07:37:04 PM
Anyone else getting a 504 gateway timeout?

EDIT: Managed to get in, just slow. Maybe it's on my end.

EDIT2: Seems to be back to normal.

I get the nginx 504 error off and on. Seems to randomly happen
Much better site now tho ftw except said errors

504 has to due with server timeouts; maybe the server is overloaded. (I'm no expert though)
Activity: 350
May 01, 2012, 07:32:47 PM
Anyone else getting a 504 gateway timeout?

EDIT: Managed to get in, just slow. Maybe it's on my end.

EDIT2: Seems to be back to normal.

I get the nginx 504 error off and on. Seems to randomly happen
Much better site now tho ftw except said errors
Pages:
Jump to: