Author

Topic: [ANN] Ħ [HODL] 5% Interest. No Staking Req. Term Deposits 10%. Solo Mining. - page 210. (Read 472878 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250
Ok after 2 full test days on the pool I figured I would pass along my findings..

So doing the math on number of blocks I found on the pool and number of Hodl I earned I only kept 72.4% of what I found.. This is only my findings , yours may vary.. So to put this to numbers based on my findings if you solo mined 1000 Hodl you only keep 724 of them..
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006
just for fun spinned on my workstation ...

2x E5-2650 v2
~450 h/s
Power around 300W

have fun  Cheesy

O żesz w mordę jeża.... Jest MOC Wink
Mój i7 Skylake 4,5Ghz to cienias...

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
just for fun spinned on my workstation ...
https://i.imgur.com/ySpxGY0.jpg
2x E5-2650 v2
~450 h/s
Power around 300W

have fun  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1000
I have 50 h/s with my cpu i-5 2320. its OK? Is it worth to mine this coin?
on the pool you will have about 10 coins a day
Activity: 56
It all depends on your luck. Grin
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
Activity: 179
G'day!
gpu miner still private i guess ..
not really fair..

There is no GPU miner, dumbass. And that has been stated here before so read the thread first.
Activity: 142
Merit: 10
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gcc g++ make automake autoconf pkg-config libboost-all-dev libssl-dev
sudo apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev libjansson-dev
wget https://hodl.blockquarry.com/downloads/hodlminer.tar.gz
tar -zxvf hodlminer.tar.gz
cd hodlminer
./autogen.sh
./configure CFLAGS="-Ofast -march=native" CXXFLAGS="-Ofast -march=native"
make -j
sudo make install
hodlminer -a hodl -o stratum+tcp://hodl.blockquarry.com:3032 -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword -t 8

Note the -t is for the number of mining threads you would like to use.. if you omit it completely (remove "-t x") the miner will auto detect the max number of threads..

made a couple changes to the above. You left out 'install' in one of your apt-get lines, and since 'sudo make install' is being called, there is no need to keep the source folder after compiling, nor is there a reason to run the binary from within the source folder as it is "installed" in a system path.

Thanks guys , i did managed to compile with digging through web , this quick know how prolly should be posted on 1st page for linux noobs , like myself , woulda saved me lot of reading and  trying
Activity: 462
Does the CPU miner need any special pool software, or is it the same proccess as settting up any other pool? Otherwise I might spend some time trying to set up a small second pool.

EDIT: Nevermind I just saw cpuminer dev post about it in the cpuminer bounty thread
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Yes. Having a single pool is worse than having none.
Looks like the pool has more than 51% of nethash, doesn't this make the network vulnerable to a 51% attack?
Time Since Last Block   16 minutes 24 seconds

something seem does not right with the pool  Undecided
i think its just bad luck , I'm sure we'll find a block soon Smiley

Told ya, we just found one Cheesy

i think its just bad luck , I'm sure we'll find a block soon Smiley
Activity: 781
Merit: 501

Activity: 369
It seems to me that pool mining doesn't really affect the outcome on solo mining.

Acorns are still coming in Smiley
Activity: 224
Activity: 51
So do you guys mine on a pool or solo?

I'm currently mining on the pool as I had quite bad luck with solo mining :/
I see...So there is only one pool available for hodl?

For now yes, there will probably be more pools later.
Activity: 51

I see...So there is only one pool available for hodl?
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

I like the way of mining solo.

Was lucky today and got three blocks.

IMHO mining solo has better luck/chances of finding a Acorn (Block=50HODL) then mining on the pool and getting small increments of nuts per hour/day.

Take for example my Digital Ocean 30h/s server mining HOdl for almost 2 weeks got 2 Acorns, 1 at 10 days the other at 4 days later, all on 30h/s with the current increasing network hashrate.

If you drop by the slack channel freetrade can explain to you about how HOdl works with average blocktimes as if you take notice this coin doesn't act like other coins in many ways.

There is no GPU miner available and even when it does get created it will be a very minimal increase compared to CPU's.

Additionally with the pool settings you can tweak them to have more threads/cores running then available for an increase in miner hashrate, take for instance a 4 core non hyperthreaded machine would mine at -t 4, if you increase the -t to -t 8, -t 12, -t 16, etc you will see an increase in pool miner hashrate depending on the optimal settings for your rig.

Any way to get HOdl & become part of the HOdl family is a plus, although there are a scurry of squirrels that do it better Cheesy
Jump to: