Author

Topic: [ANN] Ħ [HODL] 5% Interest. No Staking Req. Term Deposits 10%. Solo Mining. - page 278. (Read 472793 times)

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain
Now that you've got some HODL, you'll want to know how to make a term deposit to get the huge interest rates.

How To Make A Term Deposit:

...........snip............

that is nice wonder how to mine this coin im not having any powerful cpu so need to hire rig any suggestions?

bump
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

Everyone loves charts!

Here's the return on a 1 year term deposit . . . notice it declines rapidly.

So a term deposit of 100 HODL today will return about 4300 HODL in 1 year. But wait a month to term deposit, and it's way down to 3700 HODL. Wait a year, and it's a paltry 400 HODL return. Wait two years, and it returns 110 - the long term rate of 10%.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
seems my ram was HODLING some correct hashes Tongue will be locking them up upon confirmation.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

very nice.. I don't have a strong cpu so if anyone wants to sell some PM me your price.

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain
Now that you've got some HODL, you'll want to know how to make a term deposit to get the huge interest rates.

The GUI doesn't have a user friendly interface for making term deposits yet, but it uses a secret code to regard some transactions as term deposits.

So lets say I want to make a term deposit of 100 HODL, for the maximum period of 1 year.

Well I'd grab one of my own addresses and send the sum of 100.20476589

How to arrive at that figure? The amount has to end in 89 satoshis - that's the secret code, and the preceeding 6 digits are used for the number of blocks.

There are 561 blocks in a day and 365 blocks in a year,
1 year = 365 x 561 = 204765

so thats 100 (number of HODL) + .204765 (number of blocks) + 89 (secret code)

If you make a term deposit, a dialog will pop up with information about interest rates, and you'll have a chance to cancel. If you make a mistake with the number, don't worry, you'll just send the funds to yourself. But remember, once you make a term deposit, those funds are LOCKED until the maturation date. That's the price you pay for the very good interest rates.

that is nice wonder how to mine this coin im not having any powerful cpu so need to hire rig any suggestions?
legendary

The GUI doesn't have a user friendly interface for making term deposits yet, but it uses a secret code to regard some transactions as term deposits.

So lets say I want to make a term deposit of 100 HODL, for the maximum period of 1 year.

Well I'd grab one of my own addresses and send the sum of 100.20476589

How to arrive at that figure? The amount has to end in 89 satoshis - that's the secret code, and the preceeding 6 digits are used for the number of blocks.

There are 561 blocks in a day and 365 blocks in a year,
1 year = 365 x 561 = 204765

so thats 100 (number of HODL) + .204765 (number of blocks) + 89 (secret code)

for 100 for 1 month, it would be
1 month = 30 x 561 = 16830

so thats 100 (number of HODL) + .016830 (number of blocks, don't forget the zero at the front) + 89 (secret code)

If you make a term deposit, a dialog will pop up with information about interest rates, and you'll have a chance to cancel. If you make a mistake with the number, don't worry, you'll just send the funds to yourself. But remember, once you make a term deposit, those funds are LOCKED until the maturation date. That's the price you pay for the very good interest rates.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
mining, will see what it do. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001
So I hit a block on 1 of my 2 Computers but the transaction vanished.... Orphan ?

Is setgenerate true the only way to mine this algorithm currently ?
legendary
also, compiling on linux, it's still named bitcoin-qt, bitcoind, bitcoin-tx, and bitcoin-cli, as well as sets the default configuration file to ~/.bitcoin/bitcoin.conf

This obviously can create a pretty significant issue for anyone already running bitcoin.

Thanks for these - merged your pull and working on fixes for other issues now.
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
How do I start mining within the windows qt wallet?

Boot it up, go to Help -> Debug Window -> "Console" tab

In the console, type "setgenerate true" (no quotes obviously), and it will start mining. Only way to tell if it's mining is to look at your CPU performance..if it's at 100% and your RAM is 1gb less..then it's mining :p

Thank you very much! I'm mining!
Activity: 18
Merit: 0

Boot it up, go to Help -> Debug Window -> "Console" tab

In the console, type "setgenerate true" (no quotes obviously), and it will start mining. Only way to tell if it's mining is to look at your CPU performance..if it's at 100% and your RAM is 1gb less..then it's mining :p
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
also, compiling on linux, it's still named bitcoin-qt, bitcoind, bitcoin-tx, and bitcoin-cli, as well as sets the default configuration file to ~/.bitcoin/bitcoin.conf

This obviously can create a pretty significant issue for anyone already running bitcoin.
Miner?

Its built into the QT windows wallet, or the source if you can get it to compile. I'm having trouble related to
Code:
libbitcoin_common_a-chainparams.o
it appears

Any more details on the error?
It appears that changing line 101 in src/chainparams.cpp from printf to LogPrintf fixed my compile issue. Thanks to iDunk for that.

pull request submitted on github. https://github.com/FreeTrade/HODLCoin/pull/1
can it be mined with cpu?
The Algorithm is Pattern Search - it's going to be similar to the MemoryCoin 2.0 PoW

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3945848

It'll run well on CPUs with AES instructions and min 1GB RAM, and there will likely be a GPU miner released that will be less than 2X more effective than fast CPU miners.

There will be a CPU miner in the source and with the initial windows release.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Its built into the QT windows wallet

Only setgenerate true?

correct, setgenerate true in console tab for debug window
legendary
Miner?

Its built into the QT windows wallet, or the source if you can get it to compile. I'm having trouble related to
Code:
it appears

Any more details on the error?
Activity: 635
Its built into the QT windows wallet

Only setgenerate true?
Miner?

Code:
it appears
Activity: 635
Jump to: