Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [ICO CLOSED] Inchain - insurance for the crypto economy - page 76. (Read 109154 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Full stack ICO tools & services

4) The whole bounty pool will be divided among the participants proportionally to the amount of their stakes.
How big is the whole bounty pool?

1M Inchain tokens for all bounty campaigns. More details here: https://medium.com/@inchain/inchain-ico-structure-and-timeline-a7043d90daef
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Will there be any incentive to be on one of the committees?

Having people work for free rarely works well in the long run.
I am only thinking small rewards. Just enough to make sure they keep caring about the role they chose.

Perhaps small rewards for people suggesting upgrades and gets them approved by the DAO.

It would keep the Inchain DAO active and committed to improving Inchain.

It would also reward the people activly taking part in the governance while passive token holders would still gain the benefit of a better run Inchain.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089

4) The whole bounty pool will be divided among the participants proportionally to the amount of their stakes.

1.000.000 Inc
Activity: 453
Merit: 250

Activity: 457
Bancor
Activity: 518
I am not sure about the situation at the moment but i find it hard to believe that using an Ethereum DAO will be 100% exploit proof considering its only been a few months since the last exploit in the contract was found in a 150million dollar project.

Consult an Ethereum security expert i guess.
Is there any software solution in the universe with 100% guarantee it not will be hacked? A rhetorical question.

I think so. The main Inchain task for preventing a possible hack is not only development very safe smart-contract, but also know what to do if it will be hacked.
Right, something like 2fa for smart contracts.
I am not sure about the situation at the moment but i find it hard to believe that using an Ethereum DAO will be 100% exploit proof considering its only been a few months since the last exploit in the contract was found in a 150million dollar project.

Is there any software solution in the universe with 100% guarantee it not will be hacked? A rhetorical question.

I think so. The main Inchain task for preventing a possible hack is not only development very safe smart-contract, but also know what to do if it will be hacked.
Bancor

One of the reasons synereo is getting so much hype is becouse they will be creating alot safer smart contracts. The team describes Synereo's native smart contract language, Rholang (Reflective, Higher-Order process Language), as safer than similar languages like Ethereum's Solidity and more similar to established reflective programming languages like Java and C#.

You will have to wait a while to use Synereo so at the moment thats not on the cards.
Why is the legal structure of this ICO being compared to the DAO?

And what gives Inchain tokens value?
Because Inchain will be run by a DAO, so having the legal framework in place will be important for investors.

I didn;t realise that creating an Ethereum DAO was still possible after the DAO hack.

Why?

Becouse it proves that creating DAO on ethereum has vulnerabilities,
Unless inchain is investing heavily in security auditing of its DAO smart contract (which i doubt will be greater than slock.it), there is a chance that someone can find exploits/hacks in the code & steal all the funds. No, Ethereum would not do another rollback if this happened to Inchain.

Of course we will audit all Inchain smart contracts using independent auditors and community. You can see it in Inchain roadmap in OP.

My network connect is poor, I will need to wait and watch the hangout replay on youtube later.

Because Inchain will be run by a DAO, so having the legal framework in place will be important for investors.

I didn;t realise that creating an Ethereum DAO was still possible after the DAO hack.

Is using ethereum safe after the hack?
Ethereum was never hacked. The DAO was. The Inchain DAO will require payouts to be approved by the insurance committee as I remember it.

Yes, we will use special consensus when smart contract only can initiate payout but it requires an approvement from insurance committee to be executed. Insurance committee includes Inchain DAO delegates designated by DAO voting.
Bancor

Why?

Becouse it proves that creating DAO on ethereum has vulnerabilities,
Unless inchain is investing heavily in security auditing of its DAO smart contract (which i doubt will be greater than slock.it), there is a chance that someone can find exploits/hacks in the code & steal all the funds. No, Ethereum would not do another rollback if this happened to Inchain.
I am not sure about the situation at the moment but i find it hard to believe that using an Ethereum DAO will be 100% exploit proof considering its only been a few months since an exploit was found in the DAO contract for a 150million dollar project.

Some people think there was no hack, just bad smart contract.

Right, just read: http://hackingdistributed.com/2016/06/18/analysis-of-the-dao-exploit/

Ethereum was never hacked. The DAO was. The Inchain DAO will require payouts to be approved by the insurance committee as I remember it.
I think yes, because there was a bug in the smart contract, not in the Ethereum: http://hackingdistributed.com/2016/06/18/analysis-of-the-dao-exploit/

No bugs, couse CODE IS THE LAW  Roll Eyes

Some people think there was no hack, just bad smart contract.

I think yes, because there was a bug in the smart contract, not in the Ethereum: http://hackingdistributed.com/2016/06/18/analysis-of-the-dao-exploit/
Activity: 896
Merit: 553

Why?
Pages:
Jump to: