Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] KARLSEN (KLS) - GPU PoW - a fork of kaspa with kheavyhash ASIC resistance - page 2. (Read 3082 times)

Activity: 247
Merit: 13
I wonder what the Kaspa developers think about the Karlsen development being presented on their behalf.

They don't care, nobody cares. Kaspa source code is public, anyone can use it as they are pleased.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
I wonder what the Kaspa developers think about the Karlsen development being presented on their behalf.
Activity: 2
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Having studied the features of Karlsen (KLS), I believe that this coin does not have a serious future. Even if KLS is listed on some exchanges, it’s unlikely that this coin will take off. There is a lot of competition in the cryptocurrency market, promotion requires a lot of money, which the developers do not have, judging by their website and information about the project available on the Internet.

it will probably take time as well. KAS didn't just mature in a short period but this will likely fall as a scam when the development fails.  nothing is listed for free these days though so this is gonna be a struggle for dev with no support.

can't see a rich list but it says mined 2.38 %. supply is too much to make it. can't say there's a 50% chance that this going to succeed. ye wanna see the price after first exchange to list.
legendary
Activity: 1451
Merit: 1030
Having studied the features of Karlsen (KLS), I believe that this coin does not have a serious future. Even if KLS is listed on some exchanges, it’s unlikely that this coin will take off. There is a lot of competition in the cryptocurrency market, promotion requires a lot of money, which the developers do not have, judging by their website and information about the project available on the Internet.

Idk man, pools are picking it up, hashrate is making a killing, first kaspa clone steering away from asics. Sure, speculative at this point, but even kaspa isn't user/time tried and tested like BTC. It definitely fills a niche. Going to be fun to see a first listing.
Activity: 618
Merit: 21
Activity: 1138
Merit: 523
Here is a bit more to back up what Lafu is saying https://y3ti.uk/audits/Karlsen
Activity: 59
Merit: 2
It all depends on the devs' programming skill to keep up with kas team. If kas continue to rise, a competent fork can be very rewarding, I begin to mine this today with my old gpu.

That's true, 1 issue, when will someone actually do a proper fork and not greedy to f it up day 1. For this project I ain't mining something that has a full week of solo pre-mine.

Are developers not allowed to mine their own coin? Someone has to start running the chain.

They are allowed, but doing 1 week of pre-mine by mining it and then inviting others to join the project is not a "FAIR LAUNCH".
I appreciate this guy's opinion, he correctly warned about a lot of scam projects in this field
Activity: 139
Merit: 1
In order for you to become Kaspa, first of all, an announcement, then a decent wallet, starting from 0 and a pool or two with an agreement.
It all depends on the devs' programming skill to keep up with kas team. If kas continue to rise, a competent fork can be very rewarding, I begin to mine this today with my old gpu.

That's true, 1 issue, when will someone actually do a proper fork and not greedy to f it up day 1. For this project I ain't mining something that has a full week of solo pre-mine.

Are developers not allowed to mine their own coin? Someone has to start running the chain.

They are allowed, but doing 1 week of pre-mine by mining it and then inviting others to join the project is not a "FAIR LAUNCH".
Activity: 2072
Merit: 562
everytime the price of btc goes into a good shift, many scammers thrive hard to get crypto people's attention. So beware everyone!
Activity: 6

Activity: 2
Explorer is fine, i have found no dead links.  Not sure how far this can go,  but I don't see it being a rug.  If it turns out to be one its still impressive, what am i out?  few days of power.
legendary
What is everyone expecting of a new shitcoin; a high capital glossy enterprise? It's copy paste space, kas didn't start out 'amazing' either, neither did all other caught on coins. Just have fun mining.
Activity: 1923
Merit: 321
English<->Pt-BR - Professional Translations(90+)
The website has little information, it is not professional at all, there is a big difference between simplicity and sloppiness…
Activity: 665
Merit: 15
lol. explorer down. links dead.
they cry everything is legit, then after they scammed a few people they close up shop.
KAS fork? HA HA HA. Not even close.
legendary
Nicely done. Chain sync is a disaster, though.
Activity: 22
Merit: 3
Too many red flags. I'm giving this one a pass.

brand new
Activity: 0
We need a web wallet or some fork of kdx ;-)
Pages:
Jump to: