Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [LAUNCH] STIM POW/MASTERNODE COIN - page 3. (Read 26147 times)

copper member
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064

Nice work with Stim redesign !
Looks much better.

Maybe this is best time to also update ANN first page,
and start translation campaign
copper member
You already touched on our first step in making it sustainable. "Most of the mn-related coins that I have encountered were abandoned by owners after quite some time.' When looking at the code of some of the mn-related coins to which you refer we found a common theme. Block reward. If  there are large amounts of coins per block, would you expect the coin to be worth more or less than a coin with a similar block time with a far lesser block reward. Less coins in circulation could mean a higher value per coin simply due to scarcity alone.

Then we would see this stuff:

CAmount GetDevFundPayment(int nPrevHeight)
{    

CAmount nPay = 0;
    int rblock=0;
    if (nPrevHeight>=SOFTFORK1_STARTBLOCK && nPrevHeight<=SOFTFORK1_STARTBLOCK+1200){
        rblock=50;    
    }
    if(rblock>0 && nPrevHeight % rblock == 0){
        nPay = 50 * COIN;
    }
    return nPay;
}

Or this:

CAmount GetBlockSubsidy(int nPrevBits, int nPrevHeight, const Consensus::Params& consensusParams, bool fSuperblockPartOnly)
{
    if (nPrevHeight == 0) {
        return 795500 * COIN;
    }

int64_t nSubsidy = nStartSubsidy;

nSubsidy >>= (nHeight / Params().SubsidyHalvingInterval());

if (nHeight < 10080 )
    {
   nSubsidy = 13373 * COIN;

My favorite is this, actually left in the documentation (sometimes)

WARNING
THIS IS DEVELOPMENT SOFTWARE. WE DON'T CERTIFY IT FOR PRODUCTION USE. WE ARE RELEASING THIS DEV VERSION FOR THE COMMUNITY TO EXAMINE, TEST AND (PROBABLY) BREAK. IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING! IN THE COMING WEEKS WE WILL LIKELY MAKE CHANGES TO THE WIRE PROTOCOL THAT COULD BREAK CLIENT COMPATIBILITY. SEE HOW TO CONTRIBUTE FOR A LIST OF WAYS YOU CAN HELP US.

WARNING WARNING
NO, SERIOUSLY. THE ABOVE WARNING IS NOT JUST BOILERPLATE. THIS REALLY IS DEVELOPMENT CODE AND WE'RE STILL ACTIVELY LOOKING FOR THE THINGS WE'VE INEVITABLY DONE WRONG. PLEASE DON'T BE SURPRISED IF YOU FIND OUT WE MISSED SOMETHING FUNDAMENTAL. WE WILL BE TESTING AND IMPROVING IT OVER THE COMING WEEKS.

WARNING WARNING WARNING
WE'RE NOT JOKING. DON'T MAKE US PULL AN ADAM LANGLEY AND TAKE AWAY THE MAKEFILE.

What it looks like in the official github now:

WE WEREN'T JOKING. THERE WERE WARNINGS THAT THIS WAS BUGGY PROTOTYPE CODE AND YOU USED IT ANYWAY. SO WE'VE TAKEN AWAY THE MAKEFILE. THIS CODE IS ABONDONED (AND HAS BEEN SINCE 2014)
THIS CODE IS UNMAINTAINED AND HAS KNOWN EXPLOITS. DO NOT USE IT.

THERE ARE DOWNSTREAM COPIES THAT MIGHT HAVE BETTER SECURITY. THEN AGAIN, SOME PROJECTS COPIED THE CODE VERBATIM COMPLETE WITH THE BELOW WARNING, SO CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Not trying to bad mouth anyone, but with buggy code at best and lots of coins, and an exchange to dump their coins, no matter what the price. It was fairly obvious what was going on.  Second day on block 985 with 100,000 coins already in the exchange.

We tried a different approach, low block reward only ~720 coins a day.  Another difference is that we had no advertised presale or auction.  We did no active selling  masternodes.

The core team have a few interesting ideas for use case scenarios, but we want our community to be a part of our coin so none of these cases are totally set in stone.  

We will have more information in the near future.

Activity: 2744
Merit: 588
Will being sustainable means long lifespan of this coin?
Most of the mn-related coins that I have encountered were abandoned by owners after quite some time.
What's your plan to make this sustainable as you said?
copper member
copper member
Activity: 952
Merit: 17
raskul
what sort of hashrate should i be seeing on a 1060?

update: seeing 1MH/s per 1060 but note that AMD cards perform far better on lyra2z
edit. found a miner which proposed to have increased hashrates for nvidia:
https://github.com/yuzi-co/miners/releases/download/2018.6/coolMiner-x64-v1-4.7z

Activity: 728
Merit: 19

Over 100 coins on the pool, with more added regularly!
BlockMasters.co (Formally BlockMunch) has added Stimcoin to it's Multi-Pool!  Only 0.25% Fee's!
We are now a Multi-Pool!  We mine the most profitable coin always, and maximize your return!
Choose your payout style.  We pay out in this coin, BTC, LTC, and any coin we currently have listed on the pool!

You can also use your ASIC's in our SHA256, X11, & Scrypt ports and get paid in this coin or BTC!  Just change the algo and the port number in the example belows!

Example Config is Below for Stimcoin Pay:
Code:
-a lyra2z -o stratum+tcp://blockmasters.co:4553 -u SXCj3gdDfA4RZZxW4EtszA5Z8ZcSARhfBc -p c=STM 

To mine only this coin use mc=STM, example below for BTC pay & mining this coin only.  You can also mine this coin and get paid in this coin by using c=STM,mc=STM as your password.
Code:
-a lyra2z -o stratum+tcp://blockmasters.co:4553 -u 1JFx3fE462vMsTeYkNK5yvdWeg2wpmxvBD -p c=BTC,mc=STM

Example Config Below for BTC Pay
Code:
-a lyra2z -o stratum+tcp://blockmasters.co:4553 -u 1JFx3fE462vMsTeYkNK5yvdWeg2wpmxvBD -p c=BTC 

Example Config Below for LTC Pay
Code:
-a lyra2z -o stratum+tcp://blockmasters.co:4553 -u LRgQk63NRnJQ8PBTU8yyHAm5aGfNjzhMZu -p c=LTC 
Block Explorer Link:
Code:
blockmasters.co/explorer/STM

Peer List:
Code:
blockmasters.co/explorer/peers?id=3302

BlockMasters.Co Discord Link: https://discord.gg/RNnVAB4

BlockMasters.Co BitcoinTalk thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/blockmastersco-130-coins-us-eu-as-35-scrypt-coins-doge-payouts-2362982

Welcome to BlockMasters!

Activity: 952
Merit: 17
raskul
what sort of hashrate should i be seeing on a 1060?
copper member
How you planned to pay listing on exchange if you don't make ICO?
i don't want to mine another coin who will have no worth

We have already paid for our first listing which will be Crypto-Bridge.org.  We plan to apply to other exchanges in the near future!
Activity: 1274
Merit: 511
How you planned to pay listing on exchange if you don't make ICO?
i don't want to mine another coin who will have no worth
copper member
masternode only for linux? Will it be for Windows?

You can install a masternode on widows, if you prefer.  I only suggest that you do not use your wallet with your coins as the masternode. Either rent a windows vps or use a spare windows pc. Most likely you will be able to run the QT version on the system where your masternode will be set up. Just run the QT after it syncs, go to Tools > Open Wallet Configuration File .

Then paste this into the file:

rpcuser=YOUR_LONG_AND_RANDOM_USERNAME
rpcpassword=YOUR_VERY_LONG_AND_RANDOM_PASSWORD
rpcallowip=127.0.0.2 
rpcport=8091
port=8093
listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
logtimestamps=1
masternode=1
externalip=YOUR_UNIQUE_VPS_IP_ADDRESS
masternodeprivkey=YOUR_MASTERNODE_KEY_YOU_GENERATED

Save.
Restart the wallet

* Notice that I changed the rpcallowip parameter to 127.0.0.2 just in case you were trying on a home network. Also if you are trying to run a masternode on your LAN you will need to forward ports 8091-8093.

If you have an aversion to command line, or would rather not fool around with linux, this will work! Cool
Activity: 18
masternode only for linux? Will it be for Windows?
Activity: 20

NEW MINING POOL ADDED

http://yiimp.net

Only 0.1% fee

Low latency, scalable and secure mining pool infrastructure
Automatic payouts every 120 minutes
No registration required

Code:
-a lyra2z -o stratum+tcp://yiimp.net:4553 -u  -p c=STM

copper member
Need help installing and setting up a masternode?  Try Bit Yoda's install script!
copper member
We have updated the pools links on the website! Come join us! Cool https://stimco.in
copper member
we are just about on track... the chain has been live since 06/05  17 days x 720 blocks per day = 12,240
Activity: 50
oh already 12,000 Blocks mined - I just found it...
yeah its fast lol
Activity: 84
oh already 12,000 Blocks mined - I just found it...
copper member
Working on the testnet today testing different parameters and prepping for new logo Grin
Pages:
Jump to: