Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] LiteBar (LTB) - Reborn - page 5. (Read 38019 times)

legendary
Activity: 1294
Merit: 1039
December 28, 2017, 11:48:07 AM
any update on this coin? What are the plans for the future?
for news and updates, join our Discord https://discord.gg/SbzaGC7
Plans are in the works to add PoS to litebar
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
December 28, 2017, 08:58:01 AM
any update on this coin? What are the plans for the future?
legendary
December 20, 2017, 11:47:09 AM
wow Network Hashrate: 4.58 TH/s
that is a lot of hash for a scrypt coin.
Activity: 39
December 15, 2017, 12:09:59 AM
Yea, it seems that I'm having problems getting it to start. I will stick around for an updated version of the wallet I suppose. I have my BTB staking, and will wait for something easier to set-up.

P.S.

The overall feel of LTB is fun. I hope I can get somewhere with it!

Brandon
December 14, 2017, 12:38:36 PM
Will try my methods again. Thanks sir.

Brandon Jacques
legendary
December 14, 2017, 01:13:20 AM
normally you don't need to put the addnode= into the litebar.conf file
the wallet connects automatically  when you start it.
It might be possible that your windows firewall may be blocking it - all though I've never heard of it happening.

you need to restart the wallet after you put the bootstrap.dat file in place - it should start loading the blockchain.

when you start the wallet a splash screen pops up - it should stay up while the blockchain is loading.
December 13, 2017, 11:55:31 PM
Thanks for the help. I downloaded the boostrap file from the site, and unzipped it inside of the folder my qt wallet is in. Nothing had happened after I waited, and then I even started the LiteBar wallet with the bootstrap.dat file. From what I've done, it's still neutral, with out-of-sync greyed out on the left, and red on the right hand side.

Later though, looking around some more. There's a lot of stuff about adding data etc. node points inside of the Litebar conf. file, which scares me because there's money sent there, but I'd like to run it by you first to see how to access that properly.

P.S.

If I need to set up a discord account I may do so, if I need to.

Thanks,
Brandon
legendary
December 13, 2017, 05:24:14 PM
I just had some basic questions about the LTB v0.7.4.1-beta wallet, and how to sync it with the network. I sent over nearly 14 LTB, before I noticed that the wallet was down. It would be nice if someone could show me proper instructions on how to get it started.

Thanks.

Brandon Jacques
the wallet will automatically connect and catch up with the network - speed depends on internet connections.
once it is synced - your balance should show up.

If you are starting new - you can download the bootstap.zip file and unzip it in the directory where the wallet.dat file is.
If you need help locating it (it can be hard to find on windows) ask here - or in discord https://discord.gg/SbzaGC7
December 13, 2017, 05:07:41 PM
I just had some basic questions about the LTB v0.7.4.1-beta wallet, and how to sync it with the network. I sent over nearly 14 LTB, before I noticed that the wallet was down. It would be nice if someone could show me proper instructions on how to get it started.

Thanks.

Brandon Jacques
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Would you be willing to buy a sealed bonnet car?
November 13, 2017, 11:30:26 PM
Hello LITEBAR team.

I'm happy to announce that your coin has been listed to ItalYiiMP 2.0 for mining,

to get paid in LTB just set c=LTB as password in your configuration.

As an additional service, the explorer is available at the address http://italyiimp.com/explorer

Visit http://italyiimp.com.

Best regards.

Bitfawkes.
legendary
November 03, 2017, 11:18:27 AM
To me, your prior message makes it seem like you have that figured out already. I'm still ready! Why are you worried about the price? Do you fear making Litebar stake will kill the price? I think the complete opposite. With it staking there's more incentive to hold it or hold for a short while anyway to catch some stakes before selling it. The more wallets online the better. It makes it all around more desirable.

I think hash-to-coins has LTB on their auto switch list. I read your post above about the huge hashrate that jumps on and off the network.
I think so too. just been really busy. Advertising on http://bitcointalkradio.com for Bitbar starting up. just submitted LitecoinPlus to get listed on Cryptopia. Hard fork on Bitcoinfast in 17 days.
busy-busy-busy!
I bought a couple of Antminer L3+ and have one dedicated to Litebar right now -that should help a little.
This weekend I should be able to work some more on adding PoS to Litebar.
Activity: 33
November 03, 2017, 12:05:16 AM
To me, your prior message makes it seem like you have that figured out already. I'm still ready! Why are you worried about the price? Do you fear making Litebar stake will kill the price? I think the complete opposite. With it staking there's more incentive to hold it or hold for a short while anyway to catch some stakes before selling it. The more wallets online the better. It makes it all around more desirable.

I think hash-to-coins has LTB on their auto switch list. I read your post above about the huge hashrate that jumps on and off the network.
legendary
November 01, 2017, 10:48:14 PM
Sounds good. When's the new wallet coming out? I'm ready to stake! Tongue
I'm afraid to say - I haven't gotten much done with it. the planning of how much, and how often, and guessing at how that is going to affect price --
I still don't have a solid plan.
I guess I should have worked that in to the previous message about staking them - since they don't stake yet.
November 01, 2017, 10:43:37 PM
Sounds good. When's the new wallet coming out? I'm ready to stake! Tongue
legendary
October 25, 2017, 06:15:23 PM
So the wallet has to be running for 6 hours before it starts to stake? ..and when it does, it will again in approximately 6 hours as long as the wallet stays running. and again and again? Even more incentive to stay online would be to have a higher stake rate for those that leave their wallets running for a longer time. So if someone runs their wallet 24/7 for like a week or weeks they might get a higher percentage or something to that effect.

each block of litebars stake every six hours, so if you transfer some to your wallet, then wait 20 -30 (or what ever) and transfer some more to your wallet, you could be making stake every minute or two.
and staking is not like clock work. it takes a little luck too. some blocks may be early, some late.
best to keep your wallet staking 24/7  Wink
October 24, 2017, 08:20:54 PM
So the wallet has to be running for 6 hours before it starts to stake? ..and when it does, it will again in approximately 6 hours as long as the wallet stays running. and again and again? Even more incentive to stay online would be to have a higher stake rate for those that leave their wallets running for a longer time. So if someone runs their wallet 24/7 for like a week or weeks they might get a higher percentage or something to that effect.
legendary
October 24, 2017, 12:56:50 AM
I definitely agree that going forward with pos is a good idea. It seems like many coins that are higher in value are pos or partly anyway. How will you structure the way it stakes?
I've been lokiing at a lot of coins with pos, and I think the best way to keep the chain moving (the reason for adding pos) is to have staking like every 6 hours.
it will stake alot - but the reward amount will be very low.
6 hour age is 4 times a day
you take the total annual 5% and divide buy 365 days, then again by 4 and you get a very small amount - but lots of blocks to keep the chain moving if the pow part stalls out.

LitecoinPlus is 6 hours - and I'm constantly getting stake blocks - there is no stalling there.
You need really big blocks to get anything bigger than dust.
I guess that is a good thing too.
October 24, 2017, 12:30:58 AM
I definitely agree that going forward with pos is a good idea. It seems like many coins that are higher in value are pos or partly anyway. How will you structure the way it stakes?
legendary
October 20, 2017, 05:18:51 AM
server is back up but it's under a DDos attack.
guess they couldn't think of a better target.  Tongue
legendary
October 19, 2017, 11:36:52 AM
my dns server is down.
I won't be able to get to it for about 10 hours.
You won't be able to get to the web site or block explorer.
Pages:
Jump to: