Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Mergecoin: bitcoin with merged mining patches applied - page 2. (Read 3640 times)

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Whats the status of this project? Is it targetted to being able to merge mine every coin at the same time that can be merged mined?
I only know bitparking.com where one can mine devcoin, ixcoin and namecoin together with bitcoins. Is there a way to mine even more coins at the same time?

Bitparking chooses to only merge a few coins, that is simply their choice.

for example they used to include I0Coin but do not include it now.

I merge bitcoin, namecoin, devcoin, groupcoin, i0coin, ixcoin, coiledcoin and geistgeld.

If no one is going to help figure out how to get the chunks to apply that the new database is making complicated then this could be a very very long term project. But hey the longer it takes the less new miners will be jumping into merged mining so the more coins for the rest of us eh?

-MarkM-
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
What are benefits of mergemine?

You mine multiple coins at once (with the same hashes you already do).

Does this work because if you can find a block for btc being the highest dif, then it must work for lower dif chains?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Whats the status of this project? Is it targetted to being able to merge mine every coin at the same time that can be merged mined?
I only know bitparking.com where one can mine devcoin, ixcoin and namecoin together with bitcoins. Is there a way to mine even more coins at the same time?
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007

You mine multiple coins at once (with the same hashes you already do).
legendary
auxpow?
cryptopp/sha.h?

looking forward to the updates.

Yeah it looks like whtever variant of diff I used to create merged-mining.patch didn't include the actual content of entire files that were to be added. I thought patch included creating entire files but evidently diff does not always include the info that patch actually needs to do that.

Presumably the copies in IXCoin, DeVCoin, I0Coin etc are pretty much all the same as they all probably came ultimately from the original patch file from when merged mining was first done, on namecoin.

Oh wait, I think I already fixed the crypt thing, I think it is now crypto.h or some such, that is, no longer a directory full of candidate crypto systems someone once upon a time was considering using.

-MarkM-
legendary

Seems to have failed compilation on MacOS X.

Did you manage to apply the .rej chunks? I'd guess probably not, as one of the first clues as to whether you have applied them properly will be that it does compile...

-MarkM-
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I have finally started that "bitcoin with ONLY the merged mining parches applied" repo I have so often mentioned.

https://github.com/knotwork/Mergecoin

The purpose of this repo is to provide the common code that all merged mined coins based on bitcoin all have in common, that is, bitcoin plus being able to be a secondary coin in a merge.

Most merged mined coins will be trivially easy to update to recent bitcoin code using this repo once the repo is ready and debugged.

Namecoin and Devcoin, being more than trivially different from bitcoin, will take more work to update, as they have more things they need to change. But most will be able to update as fast and easy as the creation of pump and dump coins shows us almost anyone can easily do.

Problem is, recent bitcoin is quite a bit different from the ancient version the merged-mining.patch was based on, so just getting the merged mining patches all applied is going to take some work...

-MarkM-

auxpow?
cryptopp/sha.h?

looking forward to the updates.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
This is some of the most exciting news in a long time, keep up the good work  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1260
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
inb4 people come and cry because there are no binaries
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Well done!  Keep up the hard work!
Activity: 798
Merit: 531
Crypto is King.
Activity: 308
This is way over my head, seems nice work though, but I have a question.
How do you mergemine geistgeld? I'm merge mining namecoin, devcoin and ixcoin on bitparking, but that's the only option I know to mergemine?
Activity: 294
I have finally started that "bitcoin with ONLY the merged mining parches applied" repo I have so often mentioned.

The purpose of this repo is to provide the common code that all merged mined coins based on bitcoin all have in common, that is, bitcoin plus being able to be a secondary coin in a merge.

Most merged mined coins will be trivially easy to update to recent bitcoin code using this repo once the repo is ready and debugged.

Namecoin and Devcoin, being more than trivially different from bitcoin, will take more work to update, as they have more things they need to change. But most will be able to update as fast and easy as the creation of pump and dump coins shows us almost anyone can easily do.

Problem is, recent bitcoin is quite a bit different from the ancient version the merged-mining.patch was based on, so just getting the merged mining patches all applied is going to take some work...

-MarkM-

Seems to have failed compilation on MacOS X.
legendary
Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003
Don`t panic! Organize!
Great job!
Hopefully existing merge coin creators will jump in and update Smiley
legendary

-MarkM-
Pages:
Jump to: