Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] microCoin 3.0!!!! - page 3. (Read 55078 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006
April 09, 2016, 01:28:40 PM

Have the microcoin 1 coins been burned for sure? I see it is mentioned in the OP they have.
Yes. burned coins are in here: http://www.multifaucet.tk/index.php?blockexplorer=MRC&address=mMicroCoin2xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxZvyPWJ
Burn is made using James C. Stroud written script: https://gist.github.com/CoinWhisperer/6d673f1f3d13da1611cd
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
April 09, 2016, 12:44:59 PM
There was a long exchange period, many months I believe

And announced extensively.
Activity: 519
Merit: 500
April 09, 2016, 12:42:57 PM
There was a long exchange period, many months I believe

3M coins is not much, you can buy that many with about $25
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
April 09, 2016, 12:02:37 PM
Good day time, guys. I need help. Around 2 years ago i have purchased 3,158,715 MRC coins for my own money for first time. I was very excited about my investment, but the price never go up as i wanted. So i forgot about that. Today i downloaded wallet and i see this :

Why amount changed and what is the unlock button? I tried my pass - didnt help. How do i recover my 3kk coins ?
After microCoin start to be POS only coin, wallet was hard forged to the new one. Old coins was switched with 1:1 rate to the new microCoins.
After switching period, the rest of coins got burned out from network.
Im afraid you have not switch your coins and those are not included in microCoin network.
Read old thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9319545

Unlock button is just same than unlock/open in settings menu.

So the coins in our microcoin 1 wallet are useless?

why was the new wallet not created so that it accepts microcoin 1 wallets and just auto converts?

You know why Smiley
Bet im also curious to see their reply.

Im pretty sure no one don't mining microcoin1 (scryptjane wallet) network anymore, so yes, those coins are useless.

We change scryptjane algo to X11. do you know how fancy work will be if try to switch algo,stake,database fields so old one stop and  new will start to get accepted in some point.
I don't even know how to build that kind of feature in wallet.
Old wallet code was also more buggy and really slow to start if you remember.
So, after public conversation and information I manage it switching coins 1:1. and after switch burn out rest of coins, because I want to keep MRC 0 premined coin.

Not good to do this. At least the swap period should be many months or years

How long was the swap period and what happened to the microcoin 1 coins?

Did you announce this on the main board?

These coins swaps are sometimes needed but really you need to give a fair chance for people to move over their coins. I am talking months or years and announce it on the main board. This gives crypto a bad name. People mined and bought this in good faith and maybe were holding long term.

I guess microcoin 1 can be revived.

Have the microcoin 1 coins been burned for sure? I see it is mentioned in the OP they have.

Anyone wishing to reboot microcoin 1 could I guess and now there are a lot less of them around.

If enough unswapped original microcoin holders wish this coin revived and updated it can be done so I guess all is not lost for them. They could retain the name microcoin because in theory microcoin 3 now is a different coin using the microcoin name.

I don't think you are intentionally ripping off original microcoin holders but still it is unthinkable that they were not given many many months for the swap and bigger announcements. These swaps are not great anyway really. I would have suggested keeping a large amount of micro 3 in reserve for those that can prove they mined original microcoin before swap period ended.

Saying original microcoin are worthless is not exactly true. It was a good POW launch to a degree and distribution was quite wide and fair.

legendary
April 09, 2016, 11:42:42 AM
Good day time, guys. I need help. Around 2 years ago i have purchased 3,158,715 MRC coins for my own money for first time. I was very excited about my investment, but the price never go up as i wanted. So i forgot about that. Today i downloaded wallet and i see this :

Why amount changed and what is the unlock button? I tried my pass - didnt help. How do i recover my 3kk coins ?
After microCoin start to be POS only coin, wallet was hard forged to the new one. Old coins was switched with 1:1 rate to the new microCoins.
Im afraid you have not switch your coins and those are not included in microCoin network.

why was the new wallet not created so that it accepts microcoin 1 wallets and just auto converts?

You know why Smiley

Im pretty sure no one don't mining microcoin1 (scryptjane wallet) network anymore, so yes, those coins are useless.

We change scryptjane algo to X11. do you know how fancy work will be if try to switch algo,stake,database fields so old one stop and  new will start to get accepted in some point.
I don't even know how to build that kind of feature in wallet.
Old wallet code was also more buggy and really slow to start if you remember.
So, after public conversation and information I manage it switching coins 1:1. and after switch burn out rest of coins, because I want to keep MRC 0 premined coin.
Activity: 279
Merit: 250
April 09, 2016, 11:15:44 AM

You know why Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
April 09, 2016, 11:08:44 AM

Activity: 714
y²=x3+ax+b, a=0,b=7
April 09, 2016, 10:58:38 AM
Yes I have plan to ask coin to c.cex and bittrex.
Not sure about polo. They are surfing on ether now Smiley
Thats great news.. I remember the old polo days  Wink
Do we get any profit share from the exchange, if we own this coin?
On this moment only alcurex shares collect profits and only microCoins can use for listing new coins.
But its Interesting idea, I will put this idea on the list and thinking a while Smiley
It will force people to hold and stake.
Dont know how easy it would be to implement though.
legendary
April 09, 2016, 06:19:02 AM
Thats great news.. I remember the old polo days  Wink
On this moment only alcurex shares collect profits and only microCoins can use for listing new coins.
But its Interesting idea, I will put this idea on the list and thinking a while Smiley
legendary
April 09, 2016, 06:16:51 AM

y²=x3+ax+b, a=0,b=7
April 09, 2016, 04:03:51 AM
Thats great news.. I remember the old polo days  Wink
legendary
March 24, 2016, 02:25:35 PM
Activity: 519
March 24, 2016, 02:05:56 PM
I'm sure the plans are there, but they usually only add high volume coins
y²=x3+ax+b, a=0,b=7
March 24, 2016, 02:04:16 PM
Any plans of adding this coin to other exchanges like poloniex?
legendary
March 24, 2016, 09:33:23 AM
At the end of MRC trading on mintpal only LTC market was available,with much lower than 1 sat price.
oh okay, thanks for correcting.
Any way there was 12,000,000,000 more mrc on the market.
Activity: 250
March 24, 2016, 09:23:50 AM
At the end of MRC trading on mintpal only LTC market was available,with much lower than 1 sat price.
legendary
March 24, 2016, 09:17:44 AM
1 satoshi price first time from what? 2014?
Yes, if I remember right, it was between 2-10 on mintpal.
March 24, 2016, 08:28:54 AM
1 satoshi price first time from what? 2014?
legendary
March 24, 2016, 07:31:38 AM
yes. I noticed that too.
not sure if its because MRC have power to get any coin listed in alcurEX.
Or because its base currency on alcurEX.
March 24, 2016, 05:06:14 AM
Some volume, at last!  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: