Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN [NETKO][NETKO] PoW/PoS | NO PREMINE | BLAKE2S | 8.MARCH 2017 - page 41. (Read 86125 times)

legendary
Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002
Forget cpu, it is pointless.

Gpu works well with nvidia but the amd miner is proprietary afaik.

So this is an nvidia miners coin
Activity: 1472
Merit: 505
We are cryptocurrency
To me this kooks like a good currency to invest in. Those early miner and stake rewards are just too good to pass up.you got me xP Going to have to start mining soon. What isblake algoanyway ? Is it asix resistant ? CPU or gpu ?

Cpu and gpu and yes asic resistant (at least for the time being).
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
To me this kooks like a good currency to invest in. Those early miner and stake rewards are just too good to pass up.you got me xP Going to have to start mining soon. What isblake algoanyway ? Is it asix resistant ? CPU or gpu ?
We are cryptocurrency
Appologies for not being to active on the thread last few weeks folks but there is a reason for it and its called me reloading/kickstarting a 2.5year old venture called CoinTelegraph.si.

Staff of 4 brave souls gearing up and yesterday we got a talented ilustrator lady that will take care of the infographics.

Tnx again for helping eachother out with the tech stuff. Love it when the community is like that.

Best of everything to everyone.
We are cryptocurrency
Anyone wants mining rigs? PM me

I guess you got your msg. Nethash at 1.424 TH/s and miners struggling with block 3633.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Anyone wants mining rigs? PM me
legendary
Anyone else having problems with confirmations on suprnova? I have been waiting almost 16 hours and still nothing Smiley Is this normal? Thanks! Smiley

IIRC we have 300 confirmations and block time is 10 minutes... So just calculate 300 * 10 Minutes = 3000 Min / 60 = 50h

But.. Hmm.. might also be 5 Minutes Blocktime and only 25h waitingtime not 100% sure currently...

Its 50h.
Once it transitions to PoS it will be 5min blocks, but that's still 2 months away
Activity: 463
Merit: 250
Anyone else having problems with confirmations on suprnova? I have been waiting almost 16 hours and still nothing Smiley Is this normal? Thanks! Smiley

IIRC we have 300 confirmations and block time is 10 minutes... So just calculate 300 * 10 Minutes = 3000 Min / 60 = 50h

But.. Hmm.. might also be 5 Minutes Blocktime and only 25h waitingtime not 100% sure currently...

Okey thanks for the answer!! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

Activity: 463
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
I tried to setup a NETKO on vps and got this error message
Code:
compilation terminated.
make: *** [obj/net.o] Error 1
any suggestion ?
It look like its missing miniupnpc, altought its set to 0, and should be deacivated for compiling.So you need to install  miniupnpc

Code:
sudo apt-get install  miniupnpc libminiupnpc-dev

building a QT? just go all in on the libs haha , less errors that way ;p

Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential libtool automake autotools-dev autoconf pkg-config libssl-dev libgmp3-dev libevent-dev bsdmainutils libboost-all-dev libminiupnpc-dev libqt5gui5 libqt5core5a libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler libqrencode-dev
Activity: 247
Merit: 100
Vote for NETKO to be added to cryptofolio.info:
https://cryptofolio.info/welcome/vote
We are cryptocurrency
Tnx guys and gals for helping eachother out while i am trying to invent some extra 4 hours in the 24h day cycle. Truelly hope didnt have  as crazy march as i did.
Activity: 650
Merit: 350
NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕
Code:
compilation terminated.
any suggestion ?
It look like its missing miniupnpc, altought its set to 0, and should be deacivated for compiling.So you need to install  miniupnpc

Code:

Thanks mate it is working prefect.
legendary
So I do not think it's a good thing PoS. With the cessation of mining will reduce the number of interested (unless if is continuously conducted advertising campaign and some new innovations).Otherwise, it will soon go into oblivion. I'd love to I be  wrong. However, support for the project and I wish great success for Netko.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I have said.

PoS coins these days have to ensure innovation and features keep people interested. Otherwise it'll fade into irrelevance over time.

Actually every new coin must do that these days.

Netko have said they will open a store to buy computer gear and services with their coin. That should allow it to keep at least some value.
It is after all a coin created for their customers. They never said they wanted to leave their mark in the crypto scene, like all those altcoins that promise the moon and stars

Let's see what else they can come up with
Activity: 292
Merit: 252
I miss when crypto was about decentralisation.
So I do not think it's a good thing PoS. With the cessation of mining will reduce the number of interested (unless if is continuously conducted advertising campaign and some new innovations).Otherwise, it will soon go into oblivion. I'd love to I be  wrong. However, support for the project and I wish great success for Netko.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I have said.

PoS coins these days have to ensure innovation and features keep people interested. Otherwise it'll fade into irrelevance over time.
Activity: 660
Code:
compilation terminated.
any suggestion ?

Code:
Activity: 650
Code:
compilation terminated.
any suggestion ?
Activity: 711
Merit: 500
Activity: 312
BAM

Leaving coins in a wallet that most will forget about/will just uninstall when they see the market cap isn't too different from leaving them on a high sell order indefinitely.

Until you realize that exchanges can and do occasionally go belly up.
I was around during the mintpal and cryptsy fiasco. Thankfully I lost very little but it taught me a lesson.

Back then bittrex and poloniex were minor players in this field. Now they are big and appear solid but so did mintpal.

I will never leave a significant amount on exchanges unless I really intend to trade it

I was one of the luck ones that didnt have a penny on cryptsy (maybe some dogecoins).

By now i truelly hope that people have figured out that exchanges are a place for trading cryptocoins NOT holding them.

The bigger the exhange gets the more attractive they become to attackers.

Yeah, I don't care if a coin is POS or POW or whatever it is, I only ever hold all my coins in their wallet on my computer and NEVER on an exchange. If I do send coins to an exchange and set a little bit higher price than what is being traded I will not leave them there for more than 2 days max and I'll send them back to my wallet. I hate having coins that are not in my direct control.

These replies are ignoring the main point of my argument.

It was never about holding coins on the exchange, of course that is a bad idea - but it was about the purpose of PoS, given, regardless of whether coins are being held on exchanges or actively traded, the market still loses a large portion of healthy coin circulation.

The argument that PoS is so people don't lose coins on exchanges can be counter-argued with, well, a large portion of people already keep their coins in their wallet during the times they are not trading with them, just not long enough to warrant staking them.

This will only result in a smaller market cap and less people taking the time to look into the coin to invest and use it for its main purpose. The value of the coin is crippled, which doesn't help regardless of the supply amount.

So, the main question: Why PoS? How does Netko benefit from it?

I understand your point of view and I'm not saying that I dissagree with it. All I can do is speak for myself and my habbits as far as coin trading/holding goes.

As for myself I hold coins in my wallets for a very long time no matter POW or POS. I rarely ever sell coins, please don't ask why, my reasons are my own. But for my habbits I obviously love POS becuase I always hold coins for a very long time and I only have one computer so I can only mine one coin at a time, POS gives me the ability to keep collecting coins that I mined a lot of but no longer wish to mine.

I understand the market cap point and less people taking time to look into the coin because I do not buy coins either, I only mine. So when I do come across a coin that is POS only (no more mining left) I will not even research the coin or anything, it is a dead coin to me. So I hate POS on that end and I completely agree with you.

So trust me, I see both sides of what you are saying. Like I said, I can only speak on behalf of myself and my coin usage habbits. I'm not trying to start or join an argument, I just wanted to add my 2 mBTC.
Pages:
Jump to: