Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Nxt :: descendant of Bitcoin - page 28. (Read 383930 times)

Activity: 567
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 02, 2017, 03:55:37 PM
Hi NXT people. How can I retrieve my master password? I cannot remember that I have two passwords when creating my account at mynxt.info. I only have my main password used in logging in. Please help. Thank you.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
July 02, 2017, 01:57:04 PM
Just downloaded and installed the latest NXT wallet and server. I had ARDR on Polo and transferred it to my next ID and now see it when running server but, two problems. The wallet doesn't load past a blank blue background and the server loads but flashs a brief message about most likely being on a fork. Any help would be welcome, thanks in advance.
Activity: 378
July 02, 2017, 12:25:40 PM
This information is for those holding NXT, who would like to forge with their NXT. If you only hold ARDR, you can't forge until the Ardor network is launched.

If you hold NXT, you can forge solo or lease your balance to a forging pool.

Here is a forging pool run by a known community member, he's been running it for a few years: http://198.211.103.222/howto.html

How to lease NXT balance to the forging pool: https://nxtwiki.org/wiki/Account_Leasing

Please do your part in helping to strengthen the Nxt network. You actually help your investment doing it.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 635
July 02, 2017, 05:00:36 AM
Hi, I am a new NXT holder. Couple of questions.

1: It has been said that Ardor is an evolution of the NXT software. Why would I keep holding NXT instead or ARDR? It seems counter intuitive to me that a fresh new and more prevalent platform can launch without eliminating its previous less advanced version. Won't the launch of ARDR dramatically devalue NXT? (like when a new version of the Iphone comes out)

2: What is IGNIS? I know it will be a childchain or Ardor. But why would I get 0.5 IGNIS per NXT that I hold? And will my NXT still be relevant?

3: Why would IGNIS be distributed to NXT holders rather than ARDR holders? since IGNIS is a child chain of Ardor and not NXT.

This all makes no sense to me. Will there be 3 different tokens all related to the same project? To me this is why NXT has such a hard time gaining value. This is all too confusing. Can't they just move all the NXT tokens to Ardor and just go with Ardor. Stick to one platform instead of 2 and a half.

1) NXT will not disappear after Ardor launch.  Plenty of NXT based dividends paying  projects exist  and they will continue and  need NXT. The value of NXT will depend on market demand but not on the existence of ARDOR
2) 0.5 of total IGNIS supply will be offered to investors. The ICO is in the nearest time
3) No difference
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
July 02, 2017, 03:10:37 AM
Hi, I am a new NXT holder. Couple of questions.

1: It has been said that Ardor is an evolution of the NXT software. Why would I keep holding NXT instead or ARDR? It seems counter intuitive to me that a fresh new and more prevalent platform can launch without eliminating its previous less advanced version. Won't the launch of ARDR dramatically devalue NXT? (like when a new version of the Iphone comes out)

2: What is IGNIS? I know it will be a childchain or Ardor. But why would I get 0.5 IGNIS per NXT that I hold? And will my NXT still be relevant?

3: Why would IGNIS be distributed to NXT holders rather than ARDR holders? since IGNIS is a child chain of Ardor and not NXT.

This all makes no sense to me. Will there be 3 different tokens all related to the same project? To me this is why NXT has such a hard time gaining value. This is all too confusing. Can't they just move all the NXT tokens to Ardor and just go with Ardor. Stick to one platform instead of 2 and a half.
Activity: 396
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
Audentes fortuna iuvat
June 26, 2017, 08:25:55 AM
what's IGNIS ?
Activity: 644
Merit: 272
June 21, 2017, 08:47:59 AM
I'm waiting for the bump. NXT is bound to grow
June 20, 2017, 11:35:29 AM
Warning!: Your account does not have a public key! This means it's not as protected as other accounts. You must make an outgoing transaction to fix this issue. (Set account info, send a message, buy an alias, send NXT, ...)

What is this guys?

Also, what will be the purpose of NXT coins after the IGNIS are realeased?

thank you all Smiley loving this project

Send 1 NXT to yourself from the account and your public key will be published and security increased.
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
June 20, 2017, 10:40:08 AM
Warning!: Your account does not have a public key! This means it's not as protected as other accounts. You must make an outgoing transaction to fix this issue. (Set account info, send a message, buy an alias, send NXT, ...)

What is this guys?

Also, what will be the purpose of NXT coins after the IGNIS are realeased?

thank you all Smiley loving this project
Activity: 396
Activity: 448
June 20, 2017, 03:45:27 AM
is nxt good to keep for long term?
legendary
Activity: 1393
Merit: 1001
June 19, 2017, 11:15:59 AM
I'm guessing the price will rise the closer we get to that date.
June 17, 2017, 11:47:40 AM
Do we know if IGNIS snapshot will take place on 7/1?

Like, Confirmed For Sure?

No, it's in Q3, July-September. The date isn't fixed yet. If I were to bet, I'd bet on August.
Activity: 289
Merit: 100
June 17, 2017, 10:44:27 AM
Two days ago, when it was low, I bought some NXT, hoping that the market would be stronger, so that it could move up quickly, make its market value bigger and bigger, and make my pocket more and more full
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
June 17, 2017, 10:35:35 AM
Do we know if IGNIS snapshot will take place on 7/1?

Like, Confirmed For Sure?
legendary
Activity: 1393
Merit: 1001
June 17, 2017, 09:17:29 AM
Where can the coins be when this snapshot takes place? Can they be on Bittrex/Poloniex or do they need to be in a wallet on your computer?

Ps. Thanks for the reply Lurker10. Grin

On your computer is best https://nxt.org/download

You can use an online wallet too: https://wallet.mynxt.info/

On Bittrex/Poloniex possible, but there is no confirmation that these exchanges will give IGNIS to NXT investors after the snapshot. They might but they don't have to. I'd in the very least set up an online wallet, to be on the safe side, it doesn't take an awful lot of time.
Thanks for the quick response. Will set up a wallet tomorrow.
Activity: 826
June 17, 2017, 04:25:23 AM
It was sudden but expected increase in Nxt's value in past few days. If I was having impression that Nxt is only remained to rise surely there were many people having similar thought. It seems at large that it had not finish its rally but entered in small correction. Since all the coins are with profit I am still holding and looking for next round of increase.
June 17, 2017, 04:22:15 AM
Hey guys, thanks for all the answers Smiley

So, i've download the wallet and transferred all my coins there.

1)However, I only saw this passphrase that had like 10 words that I store. And for me to login, i can simply put my wallet address (the same I withdraw the coins to) and insta logins. No password, no nothing?

2)Other questions is, to receive the IGNIS tokens what should I do?

thanks a lot

1) logging with the NXT-address is read-only mode, to monitor your account.

2) To receive IGNIS you must transfer NXT coins to your own wallet which you already did you say. This is it, wait a few weeks and when Ardor is launched you'll have to download the Ardor wallet and you will see your IGNIS in the Ardor wallet. Ardor launch release will be announced here and at https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/
June 17, 2017, 04:18:17 AM
Where can the coins be when this snapshot takes place? Can they be on Bittrex/Poloniex or do they need to be in a wallet on your computer?

Ps. Thanks for the reply Lurker10. Grin

On your computer is best https://nxt.org/download

You can use an online wallet too: https://wallet.mynxt.info/

On Bittrex/Poloniex possible, but there is no confirmation that these exchanges will give IGNIS to NXT investors after the snapshot. They might but they don't have to. I'd in the very least set up an online wallet, to be on the safe side, it doesn't take an awful lot of time.
Pages:
Jump to: