Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Nxt to NEX Buy In - Exchange 1 Nxt for 50 NEX (MODERATED) - page 8. (Read 21738 times)

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
Is it closed?7days has bee past. can i buy now?1nxt=50nxc

Open until 1,000,000 Nxt have been pledged.
Activity: 120
Merit: 10
Is it closed?7days has bee past. can i buy now?1nxt=50nxc
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
 I pledge 10.000 NXT.

I desire the best for NEX!!   

Wink
legendary

Note:  NEX is likely not a 100% proof of stake coin due to its very unfair distribution dynamics.  Distribution will happen with a mechanism other than proof of work, but it will happen over a period similar to proof of work schemes.  Think a year of distribution followed by a low inflation rate.  The initial distribution will however be proof of stake,  so there is an extreme advantage to be in the initial distribution.  

I'd be interested in more detail on this distribution model.  The guys at Etherium pondered the same issues and ended up with an IPO / PoW setup.  What specifically is your plan to distribute coins without PoW?  This is not a detail, it's a huge question that should be answered in detail before funding occurs.

There will be an initial distribution (as discussed in this thread and other threads).  After that (yet to be revealed) distribution mechanism will be made available for around a year.  Then the distribution drops to a low inflation rate.  That is the current plan.

100% Proof of Stake with 100% distribution in the beginning really works on the 'greater fool' theory that truly does not promote a wide distribution,  nor does it provide an incentive for participants to continually improve and support the P2P network.   What is clearly needed is a coin with the correct incentive mechanism that promotes growth.

Activity: 231

Note:  NEX is likely not a 100% proof of stake coin due to its very unfair distribution dynamics.  Distribution will happen with a mechanism other than proof of work, but it will happen over a period similar to proof of work schemes.  Think a year of distribution followed by a low inflation rate.  The initial distribution will however be proof of stake,  so there is an extreme advantage to be in the initial distribution.  

I'd be interested in more detail on this distribution model.  The guys at Etherium pondered the same issues and ended up with an IPO / PoW setup.  What specifically is your plan to distribute coins without PoW?  This is not a detail, it's a huge question that should be answered in full before funding occurs.
legendary
Oh last question.  But in your OP, you basically linked to another coin ANN thread that was made before this one was, and copied and pasted the lvl1 and lvl2 coin implementation scheme.

I don't get it.  Are you the toplevel coin developer as well?  Or are you just going to copy their idea for nex?  It would just seem weird that there are going to be 2 virtually identical coins coming out soon both with initial investor funds accrued?

Would appreciate your reply for clarification.  Thanks.

The Level Coin was a proposed idea.  I am not exactly sure what happened to that coin.

However, NEX is much more than just an elaborate proof of stake/proof of burn system.   

More details will be revealed when the code is launched. 

However, suffice it to say, there is nothing out there like NEX.

There are other 2nd generation coins like Mastercoin, CounterParty and Nxt.   However, once NEX design is revealed, it will become obvious of its superior desgin over these coins.

Apologies that I can't devulge more information.

P.S.  Note:  This fundraising is to pay for development expenses.  It will top out at 1,000,000 Nxt. 
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Oh last question.  But in your OP, you basically linked to another coin ANN thread that was made before this one was, and copied and pasted the lvl1 and lvl2 coin implementation scheme.

I don't get it.  Are you the toplevel coin developer as well?  Or are you just going to copy their idea for nex?  It would just seem weird that there are going to be 2 virtually identical coins coming out soon both with initial investor funds accrued?

Would appreciate your reply for clarification.  Thanks.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Please put me down for 10,000nxt.

Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
interested,but what is VisaCoin holders?

Some people, including me, that got scammed by VisaCoin member
Activity: 29
interested,but what is VisaCoin holders?
Activity: 529
Merit: 251
The Future Of Work
Very interested.
I pledge 4000 nxt
Activity: 63
interested, but only selling 5% to this thread,,emmmm
Activity: 65
I pledge 2000
Activity: 77
I pledge 2000
legendary
ok I recall this was just say interested then you get a stake.

in any even I pledge 2500NXT

is that how I get a stake?

@ 50:1 2,500 NXT = 125,000 NEX.

Saying you are interested gives you a percentage of NEX allocated from that pool.  The amount of NEX will depend on:

(1) how many people have expressed interest.
(2) how many NEX will be allocated for this.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
ok I recall this was just say interested then you get a stake.

in any even I pledge 2500NXT

is that how I get a stake?
Activity: 20
I pledge 10000 NXT.

Thanks!

Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Please increase my pledge to 10K.

Thanks.
Activity: 802
Merit: 501