Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Official Litecoin shared domain litecoin.net - page 2. (Read 3452 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
what about mail.litecoin.net, might bring attention to litecoin, then have [email protected]?

I'd use it.

Edit: I'd also be willing to pay a couple LTC a month for that members/email account.  Knowing the ltc will go to pay for hosting and helping the community.

Cheers
Activity: 448
what about mail.litecoin.net, might bring attention to litecoin, then have [email protected]?

donator
Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
You did instigate by trolling really hard with the request for troll.litecoin.net. I might have overreacted. So I've retracted it.
Did BCX get to you that much? Please continue to troll his threads. I'm actually trying to do something productive here. Thanks.
Activity: 462
I heart thebaron
Here you go: http://troll.litecoin.net
bitlane, I previously enjoyed your posts. That is until you started trolling really hard. I may have to put you on ignore.

Well, in all fairness, I do not instigate or initiate..... I simply react and/or respond.

If referring to me as a 'moron' in your earlier reply to me has had it's desired effect, I commend you for your efforts.

If in fact you would rather NOT make this personal, then I would also be open to discussing this further.

Thank you for your time,

bitlane.
donator
I apologize. I am not familiar with the above term.

bitlane, I previously enjoyed your posts. That is until you started trolling really hard. I may have to put you on ignore.
I heart thebaron
Read the OP moron.

I apologize. I am not familiar with the above term.
donator
Please request a subdomain yourself. See OP.

I would like to request troll.litecoin.net

Along with adding myself to the TOP of the list, I would use it as a space to publicly expose and humiliate persistent Litecoin Trolls.

If you feel this is a service that would add a certain 'panache' to litecoin.net, please feel free to contact me.

The service has to be useful. If you really have a useful service, apply for the subdomain with afraid.org with the link in the OP.
I heart thebaron

I would like to request troll.litecoin.net

Along with adding myself to the TOP of the list, I would use it as a space to publicly expose and humiliate persistent Litecoin Trolls.

If you feel this is a service that would add a certain 'panache' to litecoin.net, please feel free to contact me.
donator
I have a decent calc up here:

http://ltc.kattare.com/calc.php

Planning on expanding it to show weekly/monthly numbers before too long.  I also want to take into account the other exchanges rates.

I already have network hash rates and difficulty estimates up on another page, would be easy to move those over as well.

Is that in-line with what you are looking for on calc.litecoin.net?

Looks good, but it should be a dedicated calculator site and not part of your pool site.

Sounds good.  I could put domain detection in there easy enough.  When it detects the domain as calc.litecoin.net I'd serve up a different header/footer.  If you can setup calc.litecoin.net as a cname pointed at ltc.kattare.com, I could do the header/footer work tonight or tomorrow night.

Just a thought, it might even make sense to have a litecoin.net header/footer template for everyone to use so it looks like a more homogeneous network.

Edit - really quick and dirty example of how the header would change by domain: http://bitcoin.kattare.com/calc.php.  Let me know when the cname is in place and I'll plug the vhost configs into the server.

I heart thebaron
There are a few parties interested in operating forum.litecoin.net
I figure this is a good thread for those people to make their claim for why I should pick them.

Are there any other positions available ?

I have always seen myself as an Ambassador of sorts. I have great people skills as well as patience.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
Lead Blockchain Developer

Planning on expanding it to show weekly/monthly numbers before too long.  I also want to take into account the other exchanges rates.

I already have network hash rates and difficulty estimates up on another page, would be easy to move those over as well.

Looks good, but it should be a dedicated calculator site and not part of your pool site.

Sounds good.  I could put domain detection in there easy enough.  When it detects the domain as calc.litecoin.net I'd serve up a different header/footer.  If you can setup calc.litecoin.net as a cname pointed at ltc.kattare.com, I could do the header/footer work tonight or tomorrow night.

Just a thought, it might even make sense to have a litecoin.net header/footer template for everyone to use so it looks like a more homogeneous network.

Edit - really quick and dirty example of how the header would change by domain: http://bitcoin.kattare.com/calc.php.  Let me know when the cname is in place and I'll plug the vhost configs into the server.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
1) Who you are: Name, Age, Occupation: Simran Singh, 15, Student.
2) What have you previously done with Litecoin or Bitcoin: Android LTC Miner, and working on an Android LTC Wallet.
3) Why can you be trusted: Because I have no malicious intentions towards anything.
4) Where's your forum if it's running right now: http://LitecoinForums.org
5) What forum software are you using and why did you choose that over others: IPB, because I feel most comfortable with it.
6) How is your forum hosted: Shared hosting.
7) What are your backup plans: Creating a backend forum that is synced with the current one.
donator
There are a few parties interested in operating forum.litecoin.net
I figure this is a good thread for those people to make their claim for why I should pick them.

So if you are interested, post a replay with this information:
1) Who you are: Name, Age, Occupation
2) What have you previously done with Litecoin or Bitcoin
3) Why can you be trusted
4) Where's your forum if it's running right now
5) What forum software are you using and why did you choose that over others
6) How is your forum hosted
7) What are your backup plans
Activity: 448
maybe have dev.litecoin.net for stuff like testnet, git repos, etc, then have

explorer.dev.litecoin.net runs on testnet and *.dev.litecoin.net as dev versions of *.litecoin.net.
donator

Planning on expanding it to show weekly/monthly numbers before too long.  I also want to take into account the other exchanges rates.

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
Lead Blockchain Developer

Planning on expanding it to show weekly/monthly numbers before too long.  I also want to take into account the other exchanges rates.

donator
Yeah, I will see if we can keep a testnet running.

I have a dedicated node running litecoind on testnet. I can run a abe instance from there as well for testnet if needed.

Sure. I think we should keep the explorer for mainnet and testnet separate: explorer.litecoin.net and testnet.litecoin.net
If you get that up and running, please request for the subdomain testnet.litecoin.net
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

I have a dedicated node running litecoind on testnet. I can run a abe instance from there as well for testnet if needed.
donator
Please add the Litecoin's testnet block explorer to the list of services. This is crucial to allow normal software development. By "normal" I mean that the developers aren't at the same time the owners of whatever they are developing. Currently it seems like the whole Litecoin development community consists of one-person shops.

Also, please run the testnet litecoind at all times. It doesn't have to mine, it is sufficient that it just sits there logged in to the IRC channel and is ready to serve the testnet blockchain. The difficulty on testnet is low enough that anyone who really needs to do some testing can CPU mine the required block on a spare computer.

donator
I updated the OP with a requirement I forgot to mention:
- should be a free service/tool useful to the Litecoin community. businesses should just get their own domain.

litecoin.net is shared so that someone creating simple tool like a mining calculator would not have to pay for a their own domain. It is not meant for businesses. Businesses should get their own domain.
Pages:
Jump to: