Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] P2Pool code base for CNC/FTC/JKC/BQC/RYC/MNC/FRK based on newest p2pool - page 3. (Read 7851 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
This seems to also have Bitcoin, Litecoin and TerraCoin network settings still available. Can it still be used to mine those coins too?

Yes it can
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Can you add PPC? I know it's a tricky one, but Novacoin is a PPC fork and it has p2pool available.

Activity: 686
Bitbuy
Very cool, thank you very much for this! Does this fork have it's own version numbers? It's difficult to keep P2Pool up-to-date if you can't tell what version I'm running and what the latest version is. Thank you very much again! Awesome work!
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
Hardhat Required in This Area
This seems to also have Bitcoin, Litecoin and TerraCoin network settings still available. Can it still be used to mine those coins too?
Added mincoin and royalcoin

Great work!

Remember to donate guys. Better with one good and updated source for p2pool.

Yearh should use my time on "premining/early mining" instead

Or be among the first to set up servers for all these "crap" coins ;-)

Nevertheless it's updated

Dont complain, just sent you a BTC Smiley
033bd6fa6a19ffcf0935cde18273dbb4bb1096ea1d42eb5bdb8d0e110aa4f6e5

Bob your the best, owe you a beer ;-)

Updated main post with information on ports and how to start p2pool
Activity: 602

Great work!

Dont complain, just sent you a BTC Smiley
033bd6fa6a19ffcf0935cde18273dbb4bb1096ea1d42eb5bdb8d0e110aa4f6e5

Great work!

Great work!

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Anyone working on getting YACoin here as well?
erk
I am getting heaps of Warning: local node 127.0.0.1:40100 misbehaving errors in the bbqcoind debug.log like 39,625 of them in the past 12 hours.

Process on socket 40100 is the python script run_p2pool.py

tcp        0      0 localhost:40100         localhost:19323         ESTABLISHED 11818/python    
tcp        0      0 localhost:19323         localhost:40100         ESTABLISHED 1528/bbqcoind  

Any idea what's causing that and how to stop it filling the debug.log?

Can anyone else check their bbqcoind debug log for similar errors?

Hmm not sure. How you tried to start bbqcoind on other ports by changing bbqcoin.conf ??

Make sure to reflect changes when you start up p2pool in the command agrs.

No hmm, the errors is in the debug log file bbqcoind ?

Nothing in p2pool log ?

Could putting -debug in the p2pool startup command cause that? I took it out and restarted p2pool and the errors seem to have stopped.

I am getting heaps of Warning: local node 127.0.0.1:40100 misbehaving errors in the bbqcoind debug.log like 39,625 of them in the past 12 hours.

tcp        0      0 localhost:40100         localhost:19323         ESTABLISHED 11818/python    
tcp        0      0 localhost:19323         localhost:40100         ESTABLISHED 1528/bbqcoind  

Hmm not sure. How you tried to start bbqcoind on other ports by changing bbqcoin.conf ??

Make sure to reflect changes when you start up p2pool in the command agrs.

No hmm, the errors is in the debug log file bbqcoind ?

Nothing in p2pool log ?
erk

Hey Narken there's a mistake in the port #'s, the P2P port is listed as 19323 in the /p2pool/bitcoin/networks.py file but 12339 in the /p2pool/networks.py file

I'm not sure which port we should go with for these though, here I was trying to use 12339 as the port but I'm not sure it was really functional even though I think it's what's technically the p2p port for bbqcoin.
https://github.com/teknobasterd/p2pool-bbq/blob/master/p2pool/networks.py

Port from /p2pool/networks.py is the one you need to open in both directions (UDP and TCP, or only TCP) for node traffic.
In my code base I have tried to select ports that are not used for something else.
On the p2pool GUI there is allways a sentence that say something like:

"Expected after mining for 24 hours: 2.70 BQC per block."

What does that actually mean? I have not seen a block pay the default address that much, it's usually around half that figure. How is it calculated? I thought it might be all the local payouts added up, but even that didn't match.

The variable is called expected_payout_amount and the line in index.html that calculates it says:

Code:
d3.select('#expected_payout_amount').text(d3.format('.3r')(local/global_stats.pool_hash_rate*local_stats.block_value*(1-local_stats.donation_proportion)));

I just want to modify the text to describe more accurately what the figure means to people viewing the page.

It tries to calculate how much of the block value that is paid out to local miners on local node.

So lets say your connected to a p2pool network of 100 mh total and your local server does 50 mh
Then your local miners should get 50% of coin value each time a block if found.

I'm tired, hope you understand it ;-)
Activity: 608
Hey Narken there's a mistake in the port #'s, the P2P port is listed as 19323 in the /p2pool/bitcoin/networks.py file but 12339 in the /p2pool/networks.py file

I'm not sure which port we should go with for these though, here I was trying to use 12339 as the port but I'm not sure it was really functional even though I think it's what's technically the p2p port for bbqcoin.
https://github.com/teknobasterd/p2pool-bbq/blob/master/p2pool/networks.py
erk
On the p2pool GUI there is allways a sentence that say something like:

"Expected after mining for 24 hours: 2.70 BQC per block."

What does that actually mean? I have not seen a block pay the default address that much, it's usually around half that figure. How is it calculated? I thought it might be all the local payouts added up, but even that didn't match.

The variable is called expected_payout_amount and the line in index.html that calculates it says:

Code:
d3.select('#expected_payout_amount').text(d3.format('.3r')(local/global_stats.pool_hash_rate*local_stats.block_value*(1-local_stats.donation_proportion)));

I just want to modify the text to describe more accurately what the figure means to people viewing the page.

Added BBQcoin, test it out
Sent you a motivation donation for BBQ Smiley

Thanks, will be spent on pizza amd beer (and maybe a coke zero for wife if she's lucky ;-)
Sent you a motivation donation for BBQ Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: