Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] peatio.com the world's first 100 percent public owned bitcoin exchange - page 5. (Read 16274 times)

Activity: 526
Merit: 508
My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck
The problem here is that even a sound p2p solution emerges, it will still have to depend on some sort of "gateway" (a term used by ripple).
Yes, gateways do become the next CPoF (Central Point of Failure) if you move your exchange to software, I understand.

The challenge then would be to find a way to create gateways that simply cannot be shut down, such as being too numerous or completely anonymous.
vip
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
AsicMiner and Google has a distinction, and peatio.com will be pretty different from both of them.

Mr. Li, we owe you a lot of thanks for your many efforts in China, so I hope you understand that I am not attacking your business when I say the following...

But no one wants another Exchange! We've got too many exchanges right now, and the problem with every last one of them is that if a government wanted to, it can land helicopters nearby and shut it down. Washington, Beijing, it really doesn't matter which... Some state will eventually be made by the banking cartel to do so.

So I don't see any point in "public ownership" and especially no point in an exchange being hosted on a website.

To make an exchange that cannot be shut down, you simply must follow BitTorrent's design of a SOFTWARE APP to host the exchange within.

Otherwise, what's the point?

The problem here is that even a sound p2p solution emerges, it will still have to depend on some sort of "gateway" (a term used by ripple).
Activity: 232
Activity: 526
Merit: 508
My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck
AsicMiner and Google has a distinction, and peatio.com will be pretty different from both of them.

Mr. Li, we owe you a lot of thanks for your many efforts in China, so I hope you understand that I am not attacking your business when I say the following...

But no one wants another Exchange! We've got too many exchanges right now, and the problem with every last one of them is that if a government wanted to, it can land helicopters nearby and shut it down. Washington, Beijing, it really doesn't matter which... Some state will eventually be made by the banking cartel to do so.

So I don't see any point in "public ownership" and especially no point in an exchange being hosted on a website.

To make an exchange that cannot be shut down, you simply must follow BitTorrent's design of a SOFTWARE APP to host the exchange within.

Otherwise, what's the point?
vip
So, it's 100% publicly owned ?
Because the shareholder own it ?
So how is it any different than any other exchange owned by its shareholders ?

Totally agree.

Quote from: lixiaolai
if an exchange is 100 percent public owned, it's in essence another form of p2p.

Is AsicMiner a p2p mining team?
Is Google a p2p search engine?
Is BMW a p2p car company?

WTF.

Smiley you should think harder. And "WTF." is a nice indicator.

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
If I have only 50 btc, Can I invest your project?
Thanks so  much!
Activity: 155
btcxin.com 币信
Activity: 188
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Activity: 167
OP is a trust-worthy person in China. A lot of Chinese bitcoiners gained their first knowledge about bitcoin through OP's blog in 2011. For me I've read his blog and books since 2006 and I've gained many skills such as programming, critical thinking from his writings.

OP told us this project in a QQ online instant-chatting group and many ppl in the group are willing to become a shareholder, even before knowing the details of his project.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
sounds great! what´s the schedule ?

hyh
Activity: 182
1XGKpTag3kNJeeFtsnTYs6TfvWvgG2DtR
So, it's 100% publicly owned ?
Because the shareholder own it ?
So how is it any different than any other exchange owned by its shareholders ?

Totally agree.

Quote from: lixiaolai
if an exchange is 100 percent public owned, it's in essence another form of p2p.

Is AsicMiner a p2p mining team?
Is Google a p2p search engine?
Is BMW a p2p car company?

WTF.
vip

Will Mr Li or John help to clarify the state of the fake fund raising incident - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/help-lushan-first-public-bitcoin-donation-in-china-for-lushan-earthquake-181336 before going on to raise more money from the public?

I don't think Mr Li is a trustworthy person and have the right credential to carry out any IPO.

Before accusing me of "fake fund raising incident", you should check out links below, since you can read Chinese:

http://lixiaolai.com/first-public-charity-donation-in-china-for-lushan
http://lixiaolai.com/first-public-charity-donation-in-china-for-lushan-2nd-phase
http://lixiaolai.com/first-public-charity-donation-in-china-for-lushan-3rd-phase
http://lixiaolai.com/first-public-charity-donation-in-china-for-lushan-final

Here's a a brief explanation of the fund (I'll update a detailed explanation in the original post in English, within next week, when everything is settled.):

As of the fund raised (https://blockchain.info/address/15EhGBC8JBBVDKQ9yp1AqCb1xnzQLk6QHX, 32.54618228 BTC), as promised, I "exchanged" (that is, I used my own fiat money) the amount to RMB with the highest rate during the donation period, $169/BTC, equivalent to RMB 33,000. One of my friend later added RMB 20,000. The final amount of donation is equivalent to RMB 53,000. And as promised, I spent no money on traveling, hoteling, dining, etc. All the donation fund (53,000) will be sent to the students we'll support.

Now, RMB 15,000 was sent to 30 students from poor families in LuShan, as a student aid. Each of them only needs RMB 500 per year to pay for their tuitions. And we'll find more poor students to support next year, using the rest amount of RMB 38,000. (or perhaps we could find more students qualified in the near future, which needs volunteers work continuously.)

I'm building a website with one of my friend, named bitstudentaid.org (not launched yet, in development), planning raise more fund to support poor students in China in the future.

I hope I've given you a very clear explanation. However, I'll post a much more detailed update of the fund, and of the ongoing suite: bitstudentaid.org.

Activity: 232
Just to pop in and say that I'm one of the investors here in the bitfund.pe fund, and have faith in lixiaolai.  Wink
He's somewhat a bitcoin leader in China.

Thank you for support, John.

And criticisms from @davout is very interesting and helpful for me to rectify our business plan. I'm struggling to make it better. I sincerely invite davout contact me on gtalk: [email protected], I would be very grateful if davout offers more advices.

You're welcome. Smiley

And yes, Daveout is someone really experienced and almost unparalleled with creating exchanges. I'm sure his criticisms will advance the project a lot, and help iron out the kinks in the overall implementation.

Will Mr Li or John help to clarify the state of the fake fund raising incident - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/help-lushan-first-public-bitcoin-donation-in-china-for-lushan-earthquake-181336 before going on to raise more money from the public?

I don't think Mr Li is a trustworthy person and have the right credential to carry out any IPO.

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226
Away on an extended break
I just hate that .io domains are much too expensive...
If 100$/year is too expensive for you, I strongly suggest you rethink your whole project.

Sad I found this on nic.io:
An applicant must be resident in the British Indian Ocean Territory.
...which means I'm not qualified...

Code:
Registration restrictions None for 2nd level registrations; 3rd level registrant must be resident of British Indian Ocean Territory

I'm sure you can register a .io domain without being in there.
vip
If 100$/year is too expensive for you, I strongly suggest you rethink your whole project.

Sad I found this on nic.io:
An applicant must be resident in the British Indian Ocean Territory.
...which means I'm not qualified...
Activity: 245
Merit: 250
vip

not too expensive for me, too expensive relatively. Smiley
donator
Activity: 126
ASICME official account.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007
1davout
Pages:
Jump to: