Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [POE] Po.et: Proof of Existence 2.0 - Invest in the Future of Media - page 3. (Read 2718 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Oh... I've been waiting this project..
Why so little information? What about owners? (Who they are, and what country?)  Huh

Did you read the original post?   Or the response immediately above yours with the link to the team?
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
So how will investing in this project mint me and other coin holders?

I don't care what mumbo jumbo technology your leveraging or who your creating value for.  Cash is king and money talks. To put simply  what returns can coin holders expect?
Someone's hustle is someone's hustle I don't judge. But come on now if you are going to scam at least offer to share the profits if you want money from others.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 259
Oh... I've been waiting this project..
Why so little information? What about owners? (Who they are, and what country?)  Huh
Actually, it makes close to no sense, if you think when the're willing to do the ICO, and at the same time who their supposed backers are...

Their backers are legit.  I've spoken to Adam Levine directly about it.  If you're not familiar with who he is, he's one of the biggest voices in the cryptocurrency space as he is the founder and lead of the Lets Talk Bitcoin podcast since 2013 (this is where Andreas Antonopoulos first sprang up from)  and he's listed on the backers section on their site.  

Adam has been heavily involved in trying to figure out a crypto-usecase for online publishing and media, as well as artistic works.  This project sort of touches on that.

When I asked why there was no bitcointalk thread, the answer in effect was:

"Poet is focused on business development and partnerships [to build value for the token and the business]" rather than hyping things with vaporware on social media platforms.

They've avoided the vaporware approach and already have an Alpha Testnet up and running, but they also have a Sub-reddit and a Telegram and a Slack Channel for communication.  But quite a few people view Bitcointalk as a place where people just talk too much trash.   That wouldn't be inaccurate.  Smiley
Activity: 1106
Merit: 501
www.bitcoin.org
I dont think they need ANN here if they already got big corp backing their financial .
Activity: 479
Merit: 103
It is very strange that there is no official ANN for this. Actually, it makes close to no sense, if you think when the're willing to do the ICO, and at the same time who their supposed backers are...
You'll need to contact someone directly at their website about any translation services:  http://www.po.et/
Note:  I am not related to the team, so no translation requests, etc.  Many know I've been around this space for many years.  I am just excited about this project, and its strange there is no announcement here since the crowdsale is coming up soon.  I'm interested in keeping the information flowing.  There seems to be a major pivot happening in the ICO space where these companies are more interested in doing actual deals with other businesses in the industry, rather than empty promises or hype on Forums or Reddit.   That was the explanation I was given for the lack of social presence for Po.et.  They're already hard at work building an actual product.  I've been in this space since 2012 and this one's legit.

PO.ET  - PROOF OF EXISTENCE 2.0
An Open Platform for Managing Digital Media Assets

Strongly suggest you look at the backers and team members for this one:  https://po.et/team
Po.et White Paper:  https://po.et/whitepaper.pdf
Information on the upcoming Token sale:  https://po.et/token

Join the new Reddit Sub:  https://www.reddit.com/r/poetproject/

Here is a much more user-friendly graphical presentation on what the project hopes to accomplish:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/o44thlun3xtx870/PoetDeck-English.pdf?dl=0

ICO Crowdsale Begins:   August 8, 2017

Project Overview
Po.et is a shared, open, universal ledger designed to record metadata and ownership information for digital creative assets. Po.et is a continuation of Proof of Existence, the first non-financial application of the blockchain. By creating an open platform on the Bitcoin blockchain, Po.et aims to create the most institutional, globally-verifiable record of digital media assets. This record will be a framework for building smart, interoperable media applications using a shared, standard and extensible metadata format.

In the same way that blockchain technologies have revolutionized the financial industry by creating an immutable and distributed accounting ledger serving as a platform for financial applications, Po.et will transform the publishing industry by creating an immutable and distributed ledger for creative works that may serve as a platform for both centralized and decentralized media applications.

Mission Statement
We leverage blockchain technology to ensure the existence, integrity, attribution of assets, analytics and data as we lay the groundwork for new models of financial exchange, collaboration and sharing. As such, Po.et enables value and trust to flow within the publishing and digital media industry between publisher, editor and content creator.

Core Objectives
The core objective of Po.et is to create a platform which simplifies the process for publishing, licensing and authentication of digital assets. Simplifying the publishing process necessitates solving the issues of document integrity, licensing, arbitrage, analytics, syndication and attribution of digital assets. Po.et aims to create a blockchain-based platform with added smart contract functionality and applications to facilitate distribution of digital creative works and remove barriers to entry for publishers and asset creators by solving these issues.

Pages:
Jump to: