Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Po.et - digital creative assets timestamped onto the blockchain - page 6. (Read 40012 times)

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

Check out Po.Et's CEO in this Interview with Distributed

How Po.et Can Help All Content Creators to Bring More Value Back to Their Work

https://youtu.be/mv30_SFn-SU

Activity: 616
Merit: 252
August 28th Update from CEO Jarrod Dicker

A Global Effort

Po.et is a global entity. We are building the decentralized protocol
for all information ownership, discovery and monetization. The
protocol must acknowledge, structure and prepare for usage and value
by creators across the entire world. That is why we’re heading to
China.

The media and publishing industries in China, like its counterparts
around the globe, are hungry for new ways of distributing information.
The value of blockchain, specifically claims, will build new ways to
confirm the authenticity of sources, collaborating and achieving
greater levels of transparency and expose the most important
information for consumers and creators alike. These are all things
that Po.et will help achieve.

In two weeks, I’ll be attending Shanghai International Blockchain Week
(September 11-12), where I’ll have the chance to meet with
representatives, blockchain companies, potential partners, the local
community and Po.et team to educate more on how Po.et can help grow
and strengthen the publishing and media industries in China with the
goal of applying those learnings to other countries and regions.

While I’m there, on September 11, I’ll also be giving a keynote
fireside chat with BTC Media CEO David Bailey at the 4th annual Global
Blockchain Summit presented by China blockchain leader Wanxiang Group.
If you can’t make that event but will be in Shanghai, be sure to catch
me and the local Po.et team at a meet-up on the evening of September
10. We’ll focus on Po.et’s tech development and the implications of
blockchain applications in media and publishing. Details of the
location and timing will be shared shortly.

And if being in Australia fits your schedule better than China, you
can also hear me speak during the afternoon session of the INFORM 2018
News Media Summit in Sydney on September 14. It is in essential event
for advertising and media professionals who either work with or within
news media brands and is expected to attract more than 400 delegates.

Dave Turner, our head of product, will be in Austin, Texas, September
13-15 speaking at the Online News Association’s annual ONA18
conference, which will bring more than 2,500 of the best and brightest
digital journalists, educators and technologists together.

Now the good stuff.

Engineering Progress

While I’ve been busy preparing for our engagements in China and
Australia, Po.et engineers have been making steady progress toward the
Po.et mainnet release. I’d like to take a moment to call out some of
their major recent achievements.

Our latest, greatest milestone – and it is a significant one – is the
implementation of claim batching. For those of you not versed in
technical terminology, here’s what claim batching means, as explained
by Po.et VP of Engineering Eric Elliott:

Our ability to process large volumes of data on the Po.et Network will
no longer be limited by severe scalability limitations of the Bitcoin
blockchain. If a big media publisher needs to process 100,000 claims
per second, we can make that work.

To put it another way: Po.et will now be able to process as many
claims per second as users need, virtually without limit. This is a
big deal, because if you know anything about blockchain technology,
you’re aware that scalability limitations in the major public
blockchains – because they can only process a relatively small number
of transactions at once – have long been a thorn in the side of many
blockchain software platforms. They won’t be for Po.et.

Beyond claim batching, I’m happy to report that overall, progress
toward completion of mainnet nears 80% and all of our work towards
features, partnerships and documentation are progressing.

Our next big steps include improving interactions with the Bitcoin
blockchain, separating claims from works within Po.et’s storage layer
and more. Oh, and did I mention Main net?

There is a lot more coming in a short amount of time. Don’t forget to blink.

Until next time.

JD

Activity: 73
Essentially, Proof of Existence would enable a user to publicly prove their possession of a particular set of data at a given time, without revealing the data or their identity. This provides strong evidence in support of copyright or patent claims, and facilitates verification of a given digital asset’s integrity.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
That's what is really needed in today's world, especially with the never ending Internet full of different sites and users. People are using other's work like it means nothing. They stole art, images, copy stuff from others blogs or comments, it's good that they thought of blockchain usage connected to ownership and licensing. I can see it being very useful for people that create things.

Absolutely, there are many ways's the people will benefit from Po.et, especially as we progress towards a more interconnected world where we share more and more every day. In the age of information, you will have a tool to assist in stamping content straight from the source
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
That's what is really needed in today's world, especially with the never ending Internet full of different sites and users. People are using other's work like it means nothing. They stole art, images, copy stuff from others blogs or comments, it's good that they thought of blockchain usage connected to ownership and licensing. I can see it being very useful for people that create things.
For everyone who was dying to get into Po.et when it went x20, now is that chance to buy the token cheap as hell. It's near its all time low (apart from when it was just listed on Binance.

August 2018 Po.Et Engineering Progress Report

https://blog.po.et/august-2018-po-et-engineering-progress-report-e381a3260361

Topics covered :

• Claim Batching
  • Where Are We Going Next?
  • Mainnet

Activity: 389
Merit: 11
Jarrod Dicker's Update - August 14th

The Verifiable System of Web 3.0

Last week, we merged the most critical component for moving Po.et to mainnet: claim batching. I described last week why that is important (https://blog.po.et/scaling-po-et-to-millions-of-users-75b01b95e4f1) and Eric published a piece (https://blog.po.et/scaling-blockchain-cc6db2f88a48) yesterday that goes into how it works, how it builds value and how Po.et will be one of the first (if not THE first) protocols to batch claims to the Bitcoin blockchain at scale.

Claims are critical to our mission. It is technically how we're building a verifiable system for Web 3.0 and, ultimately, it is the core value of the Po.et protocol. So, knowing that, it needs to scale. So how does batching work? In Eric's words:

"A publisher (which is you!) creates and signs a claim, which gets hashed — a hash is like a unique fingerprint for some given content — and placed into a batch by a Po.et Node. That batch is itself hashed, and submitted to the Bitcoin blockchain. When the batch is confirmed (which could take some time — Bitcoin mines a new block about once every ten minutes), other Po.et Nodes detect the new batch hash, locate the batch, and verify the claims it contains."

This is how we build reputation on the Po.et protocol. And being the protocol for the world's creative assets (yes, the entire world) means scale is critical to our success. We need to support reputation for all. And this problem is solved. How? Again, take it away Eric!

"Recently, Po.et has been talking about providing a nutritional label for content. What does that mean?

Verifiable claims are claims that are cryptographically signed by their creators (called issuers). Anybody can issue a claim about content on Po.et, but they must digitally sign it with a private key and then the claim and the signature get bundled together in a JSON-LD document and anchored to the Bitcoin blockchain, which proves that a claim existed at the time the block was mined.

On its own, a claim that you own a particular creative work may not be very interesting. For example, I could claim that I wrote ‘Moby Dick,’ but anybody familiar with ‘Moby Dick’ would know that claim is false. A claim is not a fact. It is only evidence.

Such a claim would not stand up for long on the Po.et Network, because on Po.et, people can make claims about claims, so there’s a good chance I’d get called out.

All the claims about a particular work get aggregated together into a unified view of the work called an entity. That entity is the sum of all claims made about something that has a representation on the Po.et Network.

All of the claims I make and all of the claims about those claims get aggregated together into a holistic view of the content I post, and what the Po.et ecosystem thinks about the claims I make. Over time, that builds verifiable reputation.

The aggregation of claims about a particular piece of content (including the reputation of the creator) can act like a nutritional label for content. It tells you something about how trustworthy (or not trustworthy) that content is.

The Po.et team sees a future in which all content has that nutritional label, and when you aggregate and sort content based on how healthy it is to consume, the result is a better, more trustworthy web where good actors are rewarded for creating good content, and where lies are difficult and expensive to maintain.

The result of all this is that every time you post an image of a beautiful sunset on your favorite social network, the Po.et Network could pick it up, verify that you’re the owner, and then more claims can be made about it, like ‘it’s beautiful,’ or ‘it’s a sunset,’ or it fits a ‘relaxing mood.’

So if Po.et users post 1 million sunset photos per day, that could generate 3 million claims about them. Those claims could help media organizations discover and license content for articles or broadcasts, help a publisher find and license content for a book cover, or help ad networks identify and block inappropriate content. (But who doesn’t like sunsets?)

Virtually every crypto or decentralized app project is going to have to contend with the problem of scalability. If you’re relying on the Po.et Network, don’t sweat it."

So in short, we have you covered. We're also actively pushing forward on many initiatives and want to make sure that with every update we provide you with something actionable and new. We've spoken to some folks in the community and decided that for my "official" updates, we are going to move to bi-weekly. This is to make sure each update will be actionable. As we move closer to main, with new partner and product releases, we want to give as much information and value as possible with each update. This also means there will likely be more updates and engagements in between, as we'll be shipping and communicating faster as we progress.

Tomorrow we'll release our August engineering update with the latest milestone to mainnet. We also have some more content coming this week so keep your eyes out. These next weeks and months are going to be the defining moments in Po.et's history. Excited you all are along for the ride.

JD
the idea of ​the project is quite interesting and new, I'll look at how many coins you will sell on pre-sale, and after I see how interested you are investors, I can also buy

Welcome to the Po.Et community! The main token sale took place exactly a year ago and the project has been in development since. If you'd like a list of exchanges where to purchase POE you can view them here (https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/poet/#markets)

You are welcome to join the project's Telegram channel (https://t.me/poetofficial) as well where the team announces news and project updates! The admins and the team that are in the channel and can answer any questions you may have to help inform your decision.

Activity: 658
the idea of ​​the project is quite interesting and new, I'll look at how many coins you will sell on pre-sale, and after I see how interested you are investors, I can also buy
Activity: 882
Merit: 548
Dear Po.et HODL’ers, founders, and crypto-fans. I want to congratulate everyone on the Birthday of Amazing project Po.et  Wink Today one year since the launch of Poetproject🚀🚀🚀
 My Greetings twit: https://twitter.com/Kaznachej123/status/1027332041086574598  Join and share Like and RETWEET 🔃
Activity: 229
Hello Dear Po.et Community! This week, Po.et merged an important code update that allows us to batch any number of claims into a single Bitcoin transaction. So we will be able to handle the volume that comes with creative works at scale - no matter how prolific the source.  More info read: https://blog.po.et/scaling-po-et-to-millions-of-users-75b01b95e4f1

WOW fantastic update from Jarrod as always. The tps that are discussing in this article are pretty damn impressive! Shows how focused the team is on being ready to handle a massive volume!

" Talking to Eric Elliott, our VP of engineering, he explained that now with claim batching implemented, we can batch an unlimited number of claims per bitcoin transaction, which gives us virtually unlimited claim processing bandwidth. Need to hash 100,000 claims per second? We can make that work. This is huge not just for Po.et, but the industry at large. We are building bridges, not moats. There are no competitors, just collaborators. And Po.et is bringing a function to market that enables potential for real scale and real adoption. "
Activity: 882
Merit: 548
Hello Dear Po.et Community! This week, Po.et merged an important code update that allows us to batch any number of claims into a single Bitcoin transaction. So we will be able to handle the volume that comes with creative works at scale - no matter how prolific the source.  More info read: https://blog.po.et/scaling-po-et-to-millions-of-users-75b01b95e4f1
Just as always a great update from Jarrod. It was a perfect move of Po.et to hire him as CEO. Great for Po.et’s professionalism!

Completely agree with you. I feel like he's very much under the radar, and getting things done!
Just as always a great update from Jarrod. It was a perfect move of Po.et to hire him as CEO. Great for Po.et’s professionalism!
CEO Jarrod Dicker's Weekly Update - August 7th, 2018

Scaling Po.et to Millions of Users

Let's cut right to the chase: This week, Po.et merged an important code update that allows us to batch any number of verifiable claims into a single Bitcoin transaction. Why does this matter?

There are many blockers on the road to widespread blockchain adoption. These blockers are heavily covered and critiqued and normal to any consumer application success. They include design and storage. And, by far the most discussed in the blockchain space, the blockers include scale. As we edge closer to the end of 2018, we are seeing the first batch of scalable blockchain apps launched using technology like transaction batching, lightning network, plasma and so on. As of today, Po.et will be among the first scalable blockchain solutions in this space.

The mechanics of the Bitcoin blockchain restrict the number of claims we can hash to the blockchain. Po.et is the decentralized protocol suite for ownership, discovery and monetization of content. That means we need to be prepared to handle a volume of content and information never seen before on chain. Of course, this can't be done in five to seven transactions per second increments. We need to do better and build a solution that works for all if we want to be the protocol for the world's creative assets.

Talking to Eric Elliott, our VP of engineering, he explained that now with claim batching implemented, we can batch an unlimited number of claims per bitcoin transaction, which gives us virtually unlimited claim processing bandwidth. Need to hash 100,000 claims per second? We can make that work. This is huge not just for Po.et, but the industry at large. We are building bridges, not moats. There are no competitors, just collaborators. And Po.et is bringing a function to market that enables potential for real scale and real adoption.

These are the innovations and investments needed to bring Po.et and other blockchain projects to the masses. These second-layer solutions like batching and payment channels strengthen the core value to make these products, technologies and feature-sets things that the entire world will use.

With Po.et's new claim-batching solution, we will be able to handle the volume that comes with creative works at scale. We will now be able to open the door to all media companies, all agencies, all artists and all creators. ALL. No restrictions. This means millions of users writing millions of claims. This is true value for everyone. This is the future of scalable blockchains.

Our road to mainnet has been an exciting journey and this huge milestone by our engineering team is a major step toward launch. There are more git commits, documentations, pushes and pulls than ever before in Po.et's history. And this is just the beginning.

Also, since we're a community, please vote for Po.et to be on stage at SXSW. You can find the upvote information here: https://panelpicker.sxsw.com/vote/89341.

Thank you all.
Po.et projects like his are going to be able to get a positive response from the community because they create a notebook entry about our digital assets and assets we can be secure in the record

Precisely! There isn't currently a sustainable business model for content creators in terms of attribution and licensing. Po.Et is doing great work to empower these individuals.

Activity: 322
Merit: 100
Po.et projects like his are going to be able to get a positive response from the community because they create a notebook entry about our digital assets and assets we can be secure in the record
Activity: 166
Jarrod was interviewed by the LTB Network, check it out here:
https://twitter.com/theltbnetwork/status/1025398692101144576
Pages:
Jump to: