Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [POW] [CAL] Caliber - Bulletproofs - Lightweight Private Payments - page 4. (Read 5831 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
I have questions about the same as the person above me.

Contrary to my username I am not wise about chain splitting and the like but I've been mining since block 300 something on LuckPool and the Pool hash fluctuates rapidly up and down but usually the pool hash rate shows as 2x higher than the whole network.

I'm not sure exactly what this is. If it is as simple as stated by developer then can someone please just explain to us like we're tards? lmao

I'm still mining, absolutely love the coin and am absolutely hoping and rooting for the best. I'm just too inexperienced of a miner to know what that truly is. I've mined 5-7 coins and never seen that happen. I just REALLY hope it doesn't actually have a negative impact on launch towards a free and decentralized start. I suppose that's where my concern lies is all.

Would just appreciate a slightly more detailed laymen's answer.

Created an account finally just to ask for clarity. I really hope there's nothing wrong as I was/am lucky enough to catch the first wave of mining and this concept is really solid as a crypto with a lot already working.

I was referring to the fact that the network was actually getting stuck - worst one was 2 hours without a block. There was a lot of hash at this time and the difficulty was still very low. The hash was spread between 2 pools and they were finding blocks faster than they could sync with eachother resulting in multipule alternate chains. Its took a while for the longest chain with the most work to win out. It was working as it was supposed to.
Activity: 3
I have questions about the same as the person above me.

Contrary to my username I am not wise about chain splitting and the like but I've been mining since block 300 something on LuckPool and the Pool hash fluctuates rapidly up and down but usually the pool hash rate shows as 2x higher than the whole network.

I'm not sure exactly what this is. If it is as simple as stated by developer then can someone please just explain to us like we're tards? lmao

I'm still mining, absolutely love the coin and am absolutely hoping and rooting for the best. I'm just too inexperienced of a miner to know what that truly is. I've mined 5-7 coins and never seen that happen. I just REALLY hope it doesn't actually have a negative impact on launch towards a free and decentralized start. I suppose that's where my concern lies is all.

Would just appreciate a slightly more detailed laymen's answer.

Created an account finally just to ask for clarity. I really hope there's nothing wrong as I was/am lucky enough to catch the first wave of mining and this concept is really solid as a crypto with a lot already working.

Activity: 19
It didn't seem to be an attack. The chain split off into 5 alternate chains at some point because of the very rapid increase of hash on the network. Its really not that much out the ordinary. Also Caliber has no Masternodes...

The only other time I've seen massive spikes like this (and it was a number of individuals exploiting the lack of hash via hashing services) was Electronium when they finally forked to CN7.  Some individuals were hitting the network hard when the difficulty lowered, grabbed the coins then waited for it to lower again (leaving all the GPU miners to work through the difficult blocks).  With the current increase/decrease wave it resembles the same.

Even this morning I watched the network go from 4M to 2M and looking at the graph it's been like that (major diff in hills and valleys for hash rates) the entire weekend.

I'm newer to joining recently released coins... have any informative material on the chain splitting because of the hash rate?  (or anything really useful to explain it?)
Info is kinda all over the place when it comes to coins in general.

Activity: 36
The nethash is around 3M, and it's a very good beginning.
Private Chat + Cryptocurrency, is a combination that certainly represents one of the great trends! More and more users on the mobile screen. Dev, I'll be waiting for a blockexplorer and do not forget TradeOgre.

explorer available from launch Smiley https://explorer.caliber.cash/
TradeOgre does seems like a good option
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Hey, a good PoW ninja launch! #looksgoodwillmine

Feels like old times!
Activity: 1149
Merit: 347
Private Chat + Cryptocurrency, is a combination that certainly represents one of the great trends! More and more users on the mobile screen. Dev, I'll be waiting for a blockexplorer and do not forget TradeOgre.
Activity: 252
Merit: 4
nice launch for new coin.

if you want thailand translation PM to me.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1113
There's no need to be upset
In which exchanges you plan to list?

this is virustotal analysis for the windows wallet:
https://www.virustotal.com/pt/file/3a92ea2b8ad91b49878c988f8152d3870eb558da95d6a90bf0b88168a5c5ee20/analysis/
3/53 but only coinminers.

a variant of Win64/CoinMiner.MW potentially unwanted
   Win64.Application.Monerominer.A
        PUF.CoinMiner!8.4639 (TFE:6:XTUXsZaUHCR)
Unfortunately it seems you didn't take into account how people would behave regarding the first minable blocks.
You have individuals (a few or many) attacking your coin by (what appears to be) using nicehash or the like.

You have the largest pool showing a pool hashrate of 3MH+, while the network registers as 1.5MH+.  It's the same attack pattern that hit electroneum.  Massive hash hit, with tons of solved blocks.. then it slows down to rougly 1.3MH to 1.4MH on the pool for a short while and another spike.

You have a small number of people scooping up all the coins so they can create a master node (or multiple master nodes?) or do a mass sell off when the coin reaches a profitable level.

Quite the unfortunate start that can cause the derailment of the coin as a desirable mining prospect.

It didn't seem to be an attack. The chain split off into 5 alternate chains at some point because of the very rapid increase of hash on the network. Its really not that much out the ordinary. Also Caliber has no Masternodes...
Activity: 330
Merit: 1
I am wondering why this coin has fewer people in the post, but the hashrate is very fast increasing to 2M.
Activity: 19
Unfortunately it seems you didn't take into account how people would behave regarding the first minable blocks.
You have individuals (a few or many) attacking your coin by (what appears to be) using nicehash or the like.

You have the largest pool showing a pool hashrate of 3MH+, while the network registers as 1.5MH+.  It's the same attack pattern that hit electroneum.  Massive hash hit, with tons of solved blocks.. then it slows down to rougly 1.3MH to 1.4MH on the pool for a short while and another spike.

You have a small number of people scooping up all the coins so they can create a master node (or multiple master nodes?) or do a mass sell off when the coin reaches a profitable level.

Quite the unfortunate start that can cause the derailment of the coin as a desirable mining prospect.
Activity: 17
throwing some hash at this, best of luck Smiley
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
I hope the developer can immediately release the caliber payroom earlier this year or it can be faster and I am excited to wait for Windows Beta, Android Alpha and your iOS Alpha.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 67
is it for private payments only? will check its in-depth info i might mine this.
Activity: 2
Nice. Will play with this a bit #HashOn

Activity: 103
Wallet is not synchronized
legendary
Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042
@notsofast
Hey, a good PoW ninja launch! #looksgoodwillmine
Activity: 21